Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Sat Aug 10 2013, 16:57

Sayaret matkal wrote:@kobozz u culd b right, not to mention the one posted in johnnys website about'60km frm som border'..lamu? Ati fbi to assist with investigations..smthng vry fishy going on.  Its a shame that a mordern international airport does not have a fire dept...nt evn a red landrover with a water tank!
 jomo does have its own fire engines, response is the problem. in Nairobi Wilson it is common knowledge that the trucks in the airport seldom have water and during the weekend, have no crew as well.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz on Sat Aug 10 2013, 20:38

So we could easily admit that we are not yet ready for category A status? What i know is that something will be done from now onwards

Kobooz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 11 2013, 03:45

“All vital installations, including emergency operations command centre, Safaricom mast, airport security offices and police offices were housed in one building which happened to be the centre of the fire.”
Daily Nation

Back to top Go down

ULINZI STARS 4 - APR 1

Post  Kobooz on Tue Aug 13 2013, 17:53

Bravo to our boys!

Kobooz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Tue Aug 13 2013, 18:36

Kobooz wrote:Bravo to our boys!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Heheheh! Nice one #Kobooz.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RUSSIA INVENTS BIATHLON FOR TANKS!

Post  MWAURA on Thu Aug 15 2013, 10:59

Only Ivan could develop a real life test of tanks and  their operators. They've even invited the US! 20 km of high speed driving , manouevring and shooting. Much more realistic for everyone. Armies,manufacturers and buyers see if the catalogue specs match.
If I were in Ivanland I'd impersonate a defence attache just to get to the scene!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYJRCDwYMQY

Nkarei,where art thou??

About tanks in Kenyana,we're actually better off with wheeled armour, IMO. For anti tank ops,the heavier 10 wheeled 120 mm types eg Centauro are ideal. Also the German leopards are at least 10 tons heavier than the Vickers and T72s which would need investing in larger transporters and recovery vehicles. Btw,how many roads and bridges can support those 55 ton behemoths in this part of our world?

MWAURA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kenya Defense Forces

Post  Kobooz on Thu Aug 15 2013, 18:40

I guess ON will resurface after EA military games

Kobooz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AWOL

Post  mchoraji on Fri Aug 23 2013, 11:07

It's like we've all gone absent without official leave.I am used to checking TEA up twice a day & always finding some new info.kwani what happened? Let's liven up the place tafadhari.

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MI28

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29 2013, 01:12

manufacturer recently verified that there are NO mi28's in Kenya

Is that KDF at0:00 and 0:06 below?

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan on Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:05

deconstructor wrote:manufacturer recently verified that there are NO mi28's in Kenya

cant see anything

proud kenyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji on Thu Aug 29 2013, 13:41

proud kenyan wrote:cant see anything
@ proud Mkenya, view the clip while not logged in.

@ Deconstructor when was it said that ke. doesn't possess MI-28s? someone anatuchezea akili hapo.
Those guys aren't KDF-AF. The cap badges & medals zakataa

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 29 2013, 14:07

mchoraji wrote:
proud kenyan wrote:cant see anything
@ proud Mkenya, view the clip while not logged in.

@ Deconstructor when was it said that ke. doesn't possess MI-28s? someone anatuchezea akili hapo.
Those guys aren't KDF-AF. The cap badges & medals zakataa
Rostvertol stated that they have had no sales to Kenya in last weeks edition of aviation week magazine.

Page 47 of the link below
http://in.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416275188&e=true

I was not sure about the uniforms that's why I asked

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Thu Aug 29 2013, 17:28

MWAURA wrote:Only Ivan could develop a real life test of tanks and  their operators. They've even invited the US! 20 km of high speed driving , manouevring and shooting. Much more realistic for everyone. Armies,manufacturers and buyers see if the catalogue specs match.
If I were in Ivanland I'd impersonate a defence attache just to get to the scene!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYJRCDwYMQY

Nkarei,where art thou??

About tanks in Kenyana,we're actually better off with wheeled armour, IMO. For anti tank ops,the heavier 10 wheeled 120 mm types eg Centauro are ideal. Also the German leopards are at least 10 tons heavier than the Vickers and T72s which would need investing in larger transporters and recovery vehicles. Btw,how many roads and bridges can support those 55 ton behemoths in this part of our world?
Mwaura,do you know how many tons of goods port outbound trucks carry from Msa to Busia? I once witnessed this Milicon's Iveco 420 Hauling 85 tons of Lime to Kakira sugar.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Thu Aug 29 2013, 18:21

deconstructor wrote:manufacturer recently verified that there are NO mi28's in Kenya

And why would they mention Kenya in there magazines in the first place if we didn't operate any of their fancy products? Who needs the "clarification"? There's a hell-lot more than meets the eye.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Thu Aug 29 2013, 18:54

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:

And why would they mention Kenya in there magazines in the first place if we didn't operate any of their fancy products? Who needs the "clarification"? There's a hell-lot more than meets the eye.
exactly my thoughts..."our future purchases from you will be dependent on your ability to shut the f up" said some senior person in GoK, n Ivan took the hint.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 31 2013, 04:30

jasiri wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:

exactly my thoughts..."our future purchases from you will be dependent on your ability to shut the f up" said some senior person in GoK, n Ivan took the hint.
your delusional if you think that Russia takes cues from Kenya, all they care about are their interests. Vendors publicize their arms sales for marketing. There would be no reason to keep a sale of mi28s secret, unless there are massive kickbacks and even then the info would still leak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Sat Aug 31 2013, 09:40

Seems like the Mi-28 deal was cancelled then.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Sat Aug 31 2013, 18:10

deconstructor wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:

your delusional if you think that Russia takes cues from Kenya, all they care about are their interests. Vendors publicize their arms sales for marketing. There would be no reason to keep a sale of mi28s secret, unless there are massive kickbacks and even then the info would still leak
and here again is an example of another Kenyan who can't get the biger picture. The Mi-28 deal was what? 200 M USD? If someone comes to you and says's keep it silent and there another close to 1 B USD coming your way...would you mouth it off or 'take the cue'?

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Sat Aug 31 2013, 19:54

jasiri wrote:and here again is an example of another Kenyan who can't get the biger picture. The Mi-28 deal was what? 200 M USD? If someone comes to you and says's keep it silent and there another close to 1 B USD coming your way...would you mouth it off or 'take the cue'?
It's not actually carelessness, maybe a slight mis-match Jasiri. Check your six.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Sat Aug 31 2013, 20:44

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
jasiri wrote:and here again is an example of another Kenyan who can't get the biger picture. The Mi-28 deal was what? 200 M USD? If someone comes to you and says's keep it silent and there another close to 1 B USD coming your way...would you mouth it off or 'take the cue'?
It's not actually carelessness, maybe a slight mis-match Jasiri. Check your six.
Roger..i copy.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi on Sun Sep 01 2013, 10:24

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:Seems like the Mi-28 deal was cancelled then.
I couldn't agree with u more. As much as we would like to believe the birds r here we still cant help getting skeptical. We r not talking of a Glock 33 that can be concealed but birds! Where do they fly? We have been doing rounds on this issue for long. Its the 21st century arm sales leak out! F15's and MI28's in Kenya? Highly doubt.

Uzi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Sun Sep 01 2013, 14:15

Uzi wrote:
I couldn't agree with u more. As much as we would like to believe the birds r here we still cant help getting skeptical. We r not talking of a Glock 33 that can be concealed but birds! Where do they fly? We have been doing rounds on this issue for long. Its the 21st century arm sales leak out! F15's and MI28's in Kenya? Highly doubt.
If u were a pilot, u'd know of a restricted area from Eastleigh, joining with one from Nanyuki and pretty much consuming the whole of the Central Northern Kenya. That is where i would hide my planes...but then again, maybe they don't exist.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Sun Sep 01 2013, 19:26

Uzi wrote:
You shouldn't have bought what I said there, bro, my bad. The rotors are actually in. As for Kenyans being skeptical, they fortunately score highly. And check Jicho pevu for some drones Uzi.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji on Mon Sep 02 2013, 16:41

Uzi wrote:
Personally I believe the birds are here. ON used to say wakenya can be quite skeptical.zile am not so sure ni F15s I think that deal didn't fall through.& with the choice of leadership we just made, I wont expect to see them any time soon.There is also nowhere else corraborating the claim of the jets being here.Much as LAB was being expanded by wazungu fulani, nashuku haitowezekana........Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    As for the rotors there are several places kuna fununu ziko hapa.On Wikipedia the K.A page,they go ahead to claim 5 are in service with 3 having been delivered by March 2012.11 more have been ordered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_Army

On the MI-28 page, only Iraq, Kenya & Russia are listed as operating these attack choppers.For that, I believe hizi mashine ziko Embakasi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi-28

I tried searching for the Havoc manufacturer's (Mil) website a kin to what we did for the Grob G 120
trainer but they don't list the operators.But again from what is stated in the magazine, I doubt they would display it on their website

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Mon Sep 02 2013, 17:10

Mi28 are not in Jiji Kuu vicinity ndugu

mJESHI mMOJA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Sep 02 2013, 22:59

mchoraji wrote:
Uzi wrote:
Personally I believe the birds are here. ON used to say wakenya can be quite skeptical.zile am not so sure ni F15s I think that deal didn't fall through.& with the choice of leadership we just made, I wont expect to see them any time soon.There is also nowhere else corraborating the claim of the jets being here.Much as LAB was being expanded by wazungu fulani, nashuku haitowezekana........Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    As for the rotors there are several places kuna fununu ziko hapa.On Wikipedia the K.A page,they go ahead to claim 5 are in service with 3 having been delivered by March 2012.11 more have been ordered.

On the MI-28 page, only Iraq, Kenya & Russia are listed as operating these attack choppers.For that, I believe hizi mashine ziko Embakasi.

I tried searching for the Havoc manufacturer's (Mil) website a kin to what we did for the Grob G 120
trainer but they don't list the operators.But again from what is stated in the magazine, I doubt they would display it on their website
aviationweek is a very credible magazine(anyone in the aviation industry can vouch for them), while anyone can post anything on wikipedia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Tue Sep 03 2013, 09:03

It's a right for Kenyans to be skeptical. And at the individual-level for that matter. Afterall Kenyans are a hell-lot of a proud people - Even the poorest person in the village can't be taken for a ride.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Uzi on Tue Sep 03 2013, 11:54

mchoraji wrote:
Uzi wrote:

Wikipedia is really not a reliable resource because as @Deconstructor noted its easily edited. Some years back someone had posted in Wiki that Kenya had purchased Chinooks. This was in reference to some US-Kenya militaries training at the coast. It was later deleted. I don't think we have invested much in Ivan's machinery if the recent reception of our CiC there is anything to go by. When M7 was there he met the who is who in govt and defense companies. Tafakari

Uzi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji on Tue Sep 03 2013, 12:25

I want to disengage from this discourse ya nini tunayo na nini hatuna for we've had it for so long & on so many forums but we just go around in circles.One thing I know is that KDF has great brains as far as strategy is concerned.For that I will trust their discretion. kama wameficha hii mali pahali am glad kama haipo I have no reason to worry either way we're covered.
       On M7's & UK's reception by Ivan, mzee sevo made a well coordinated state visit to Moscow last December.The reception he got understates the high profile nature of that visit.On the contrary, our CIC made a stop-over in Moscow on his way to China.The Chinese bit was the state visit & you saw how well they received him.But the Russians had not agreed for a state-to-state visit on that particular occasion. Pres. Putin was not even in Russia. However, rais UK still managed to have a few deals crafted on that brief visit.So should a state visit to Ivan land be arranged & they receive him vibaya, then we can debate on it.
        UG has had a great military relationship with Ivan since way back.Even before the Sukhois perched in Entebbe, Amin operated Migs in the 70s. Their choppers and much of their other weaponry & ordinance has come from that country.Even when Putin visited SA during the BRICS summit, Entebbe was the Ivan supporting team's FoB.so inaeleweka.Kenyan military is just starting to turn to that direction

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst on Thu Sep 05 2013, 10:36

mchoraji wrote:I want to disengage from this discourse ya nini tunayo na nini hatuna for we've had it for so long & on so many forums but we just go around in circles.One thing I know is that KDF has great brains as far as strategy is concerned.For that I will trust their discretion. kama wameficha hii mali pahali am glad kama haipo I have no reason to worry either way we're covered.
       On M7's & UK's reception by Ivan, mzee sevo made a well coordinated state visit to Moscow last December.The reception he got understates the high profile nature of that visit.On the contrary, our CIC made a stop-over in Moscow on his way to China.The Chinese bit was the state visit & you saw how well they received him.But the Russians had not agreed for a state-to-state visit on that particular occasion. Pres. Putin was not even in Russia. However, rais UK still managed to have a few deals crafted on that brief visit.So should a state visit to Ivan land be arranged & they receive him vibaya, then we can debate on it.
        UG has had a great military relationship with Ivan since way back.Even before the Sukhois perched in Entebbe, Amin operated Migs in the 70s. Their choppers and much of their other weaponry & ordinance has come from that country.Even when Putin visited SA during the BRICS summit, Entebbe was the Ivan supporting team's FoB.so inaeleweka.Kenyan military is just starting to turn to that direction

A Pretty good analysis of events that are shaping the new policy.
At the hip we are yet to disengage from Western war machines though in time we will.
Simply, we are shopping for fairly good options as an exit strategy or maybe, a measure of coercing the West to tow the line.

How are you all bright forummers.
Hope am welcome back here.

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top