Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEW NARRATIVES FOR A WIDER PERSPECTIVE-1

Post  MWAURA on Wed Feb 12 2014, 09:18

I notice many forumers still follow Ministry of Truth outtakes viz a viz Israel/911/GWOT etc,etc. These are the BBC/CNN/Al Jazeera 'exclusives' on terrorist atrocities like the Westgate,which when critically objectively examined simply fall apart.
Its time to free ourselves from the tiny viewpoint of the worms eye view such
mindframes offer starting with this. Aaron Russo,a documentary film maker who died in 07 explaining how one of the Rockefeller clan told him about 911 months before it happened and how it would lead to Afghanistan.


Whether or not you believe his story,personally I do,though IMO,911 was a secret Airbus/Boeing war,the importance is it reveals the real rulers of America and by extension,the world:a tiny cabal of trillionaires loyal only to money.
Not the Democrats/Republicans or Obama as we've been led to believe. These are the guys who script the resource wars,genocides and depopulation agenda around the world.
Cycoh dudus,whenever you're ready!

MWAURA

Posts : 228
Join date : 2011-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Thu Feb 13 2014, 12:04

mchoraji wrote:
GreyArea wrote:"Also, the armed forces of partner states are expected to work as a team in maritime patrols to ensure that the region’s international waters are free of piracy."


@Mchoraji

This is a confusing statement and I dont see how this can work considering the land-locked member states have no Navy. Unless KN is willing to host their servicemen on KN patrol boats which amounts to basically training Sailors for them.

Anyone with some idea?

I could be wrong but I fear that M7 has finally found a way to get sovereign access to the sea as he has always wished by launching UPDF boats in the Indian Ocean through this agreement.

My very thoughts when I read that statement.Note when I first asked the question on the mutual defence pact, this was my main concern.U.K shouldn't be ready to host our neighbors servicemen on our vessels.We can work together on army & airforce stuff but not at the sea.Since KDF is improving the naval component, it should be able to secure our territorial waters......& beyond as has been proved during the Somalia operation.If TZ was a part of the pact, it's navy could work together with the Kenyan one in such an arrangement.....but as things stand, this would be a lopsided agreement.
It's also encouraging that the police will soon establish a coast guard to further seal the loopholes used by terrorists & other un-desirables like drug smugglers.
If they were to allow each nation have patrol vessels, which would be their bases? I'd guess it would be the Mtongwe naval base or the Lamu base.Not a prospect to look forward to. @ Jasiri, sema kitu on this tafadhali

kimiti wrote:I seriously doubt that the Navy can be used by other countries, the best they can do is conduct joint drills with similar navies of which UG and Rwanda do not have. Having them in Mombasa is akin to them setting up bases in Nanyuki.
Nobody can be that short-sighted in policy making.

its about pirate cells money bags and laundering  in the East African region which go hand in hand with the terror network of A.S.  we will be sharing/comparing Intel and possible rendition of pirates king pins/network cell/terror/ A.S suspects.

mJESHI mMOJA

Posts : 238
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : KENYA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  mashaa on Thu Feb 13 2014, 23:52

Interloper wrote:
mashaa wrote:http://www.nation.co.ke/news/world/Top-Military-budgets-across-the-world/-/1068/2196528/-/13yen75/-/index.html

This is big time BS.
Where is Angola and the other big spenders?

Compare with this..
http://hornaffairs.com/en/2011/06/12/africa-top-25-military-spending-countries/

Kenya media has been very irresponsible of late, I think they are pissed off about the media Bill.

mashaa

Posts : 79
Join date : 2011-10-29
Location : ,New Jersey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Mon Feb 17 2014, 20:23

Hello Ladies, poleni for the hiatus 2014 seems to be a very busy year in the making. Now onto issues defence...@Risasi, supposing a Buk sam was hidden somewhere between the radio masts at Mazeras Hill. Meanwhile, you armed with a ARM missile was attempting to take it out. will the radiation from the broadcast masts mask the radar emissions or is the ARM missile programmed to go for specific wavelengths? 

Separately, can an Mi-17 autorotate?

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Mon Feb 17 2014, 20:43

mambotupu wrote:
mambotupu wrote:Found this piece of news on defenceiq.com and I quote:

"More opportunities are present in Kenya, which has announced a $700 million defence budget that makes provision for the acquisition of armoured vehicles in FY13-14. Requirements include logistics vehicles and armoured personnel carriers to enable contribution to peacekeeping missions as well as a replacement for its Vickers Mk 3 main battle tanks"


Wonder what  are the main candidates to replace the Vickers?
In related news, found this website that states Kenya has(had) and assembly plant for Vickers MBT Mk.3

Is this claim factual? First time I'm hearing about this!

http://thempirestwilight.wikia.com/wiki/Vickers_MBT_Mk.3_Vanguard


"Kenya was a strong proponent of the Vanguard. Within it's region it faced many older generation Soviet tanks and their Chinese copies. The Vanguard offered superior performance to these tanks but without the expense of Chieftain.
An initial order for 76 vehicles was placed in 1979 with a follow up order for an additional 56 vehicles placed in 1981. As part of the deal for the second order a production line was set up in Kenya using the New Commonwealth Economic Development Program. This not only allowed Kenya to build their own vehicles but maintain and upgrade them as well without outside support. The Kenyans also produced tanks for the Namibian and Nigerian Armies."
Boss, i think u just stumbled on a 'fun' page hehehe. Kwani by the 70's we were still the Royal Airforce?? Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Risasi on Tue Feb 18 2014, 20:12

jasiri wrote:Hello Ladies, poleni for the hiatus 2014 seems to be a very busy year in the making. Now onto issues defence...@Risasi, supposing a Buk sam was hidden somewhere between the radio masts at Mazeras Hill. Meanwhile, you armed with a ARM missile was attempting to take it out. will the radiation from the broadcast masts mask the radar emissions or is the ARM missile programmed to go for specific wavelengths? 

Separately, can an Mi-17 autorotate?


hehe tuko sote...in peace time ops...how would you know that a radar has locked on you? ama its just the usual survilance radar ya airport?.....answer that and your on the way to finding your answer.
 Twisted Evil

Risasi

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Tue Feb 18 2014, 21:47

I meant a S&T radar not the SSR. . .Eish! So it is that discriminative? I wouldn‘t want to be a SAM operator at this day. So if your missiles can not hit the target warplane outside of its ARM effective range then you are better of with an opticaly tracked system. Damn!

Onto question number 2, can an Mi-17 autorotate? I asked because i realised most helios can glide an it would be absolutely incredible if such a large machine can glide. (btw u shd get one of the MAB guys here).

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Wed Feb 19 2014, 11:09

@Mjeshi mmoja, so the Indians were in town in Dec na haukusema? Very bad man! Nway, i hear they in partnership with u guys n some civies were doing some hydrograhic surveys in the Lamu archipelago. A sign of better times to come ama ni the usual navigation maneno? . . .and i also hear it is Khulna in Bangladesh that‘s building our new OPV n not India, kweli hii?

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Risasi on Wed Feb 19 2014, 14:37

jasiri wrote:
Onto question number 2, can an Mi-17 autorotate? I asked because i realised most helios can glide an it would be absolutely incredible if such a large machine can glide. (btw u shd get one of the MAB guys here).

I am not sure it Mi171E can autorotate.. I will have to confirm hiyo...MAB kuja hapa....hehheh ppl are scared shit of this blog..they belive they is a lot of counter intelligence and information planting.. and nobody wants to go down that lane eehhh  Laughing

Risasi

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Risasi on Wed Feb 19 2014, 16:03

jasiri wrote:I meant a S&T radar not the SSR. . .Eish! So it is that discriminative? I wouldn‘t want to be a SAM operator at this day. So if your missiles can not hit the target warplane outside of its ARM effective range then you are better of with an opticaly tracked system. Damn!

Onto question number 2, can an Mi-17 autorotate? I asked because i realised most helios can glide an it would be absolutely incredible if such a large machine can glide. (btw u shd get one of the MAB guys here).


S&T radar is as similar to SSR its just matter of the software that lay/control/runs underneath. before we go further we ought to spell out the type of radar that could be involved.

surveillance radar
navigation radar
fire control radar 
 
now our discoursing is between the first and the  last piece. the first piece is self explanatory searches and send info. on whatever it picks on the air. 
the last piece is more detailed , it needs to emit an intense beam to ensure accurate tracking information in order to guide a missile into the target  to the nearest Meter. it needs to shine a beam so intense so that an Anti-aircraft missile (which usually don't have radars of it own  due to the size involved )  use the reflected beam to  the target .the wave lengths and intensity involved are different between the two discussed types of radar but are identical in fire control radars whether from the west or eastern bloc. so when your instruments/receivers pick those frequency directed at you, you know for sure " a dude somewhere wants to turn you into charcoal " start evasive measures even if you haven't located the SAM batteries.

that reminds me of an article I read on the Israel- Arab war. the Egyptians had lethal Surface to air missile system from Russia and whenever the  Israelis pick those frequency they wouldn,t wait , they would eject whether or not the missile has locked on them. 

to add to the last part of your question SAM  operators would never switch on fire control radars until the target is within the missiles kill range. he will track the target with his surveillance unit until then. what I love about the BUK system is that the surveillance unit could be +20km apart  form the fire control/ launch unit and exchange coodinates via data link or radio.

the family

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_En-sxfOkXP8/SjmFnT1dpCI/AAAAAAAACJc/VQPLfeas_yA/s400/BUK%2BM1%2BPravda.jpg
1st command post, 2nd Surveillance Radar,  3rd transporter erector launcher and radar (TELAR)  fire control (dome) unit with 4 ready to launch missile, 4th transporter erector launcher (TEL);  transporter unit can also launch missile in coordination with the fire control unit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/Alepou340MB/BUK-M1-2_2_resize.jpg

Risasi

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Buk promotional video

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 20 2014, 04:37

Given the tendency for communication masts to be at high elevation putting a SAM there would only expose it more and as Risasi said they operate on different wavelengths/bands/frequency there would be no interference if the ARM is focusing on one of those bands. The band determines what it is used for


Someone please correct me if am wrong; Buk operate on S and X bands and radio(am and fm) should be VHF/A


Last edited by deconstructor on Thu Feb 20 2014, 09:49; edited 5 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Buk promotional video

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 20 2014, 04:41

In my opinion it is currently better to be a SAM operator than an attacking aircraft, especially for new IR missiles that make flares useless

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 20 2014, 05:41

jasiri wrote:@Mjeshi mmoja, so the Indians were in town in Dec na haukusema? Very bad man! Nway, i hear they in partnership with u guys n some civies were doing some hydrograhic surveys in the Lamu archipelago. A sign of better times to come ama ni the usual navigation maneno? . . .and i also hear it is Khulna in Bangladesh that‘s building our new OPV n not India, kweli hii?

Jasiri aren't hydrograhic surveys used to map routes for submarines?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Thu Feb 20 2014, 12:17

jasiri wrote:@Mjeshi mmoja, so the Indians were in town in Dec na haukusema? Very bad man! Nway, i hear they in partnership with u guys n some civies were doing some hydrograhic surveys in the Lamu archipelago. A sign of better times to come ama ni the usual navigation maneno? . . .and i also hear it is Khulna in Bangladesh that‘s building our new OPV n not India, kweli hii?

 when the Indians are in town the prices of mattress always shoots up.  Very Happy  those are the tell tale signs.. I don,t know why those guys love our mattress'

the best ship that Bangla's have ever built ni hii....


equipped with two pair of 20 mm guns and a pair of 37 mm guns weight of 350 tonnes 50.4 meters long, 7.5 meters wide, 4.1 meters high and can carry out missions lasting up to seven days at a time speeds of 23 knots

believe me we are not going that way

or maybe your source meant the baby KNS would be similar to a Bangladesh one...



 Very Happy 
armed with a single 76.2mm NG-16-1 automatic cannon, two twin 25mm cannon mounted amidships, four C-704 surface to surface missiles (SSM) mounted aft, and two forward-mounted six-barreled RDC depth charge rocket launchers. Primary sensors include a TR-47C gunfire control radar with built-in electro-optical sensors, an SR-60 search radar, and an ESS-3 bow mounted sonar with an effective range of about 8000 meters. A JRCSS combat management system (CMS) with at least three multifunction consoles is also fitted

baado still deal is tight. the contract keeps shift actually most of them are still proposal and offers

mJESHI mMOJA

Posts : 238
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : KENYA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Thu Feb 20 2014, 13:16

Risasi wrote:
jasiri wrote:
Onto question number 2, can an Mi-17 autorotate? I asked because i realised most helios can glide an it would be absolutely incredible if such a large machine can glide. (btw u shd get one of the MAB guys here).

I am not sure it Mi171E can autorotate.. I will have to confirm hiyo...MAB kuja hapa....hehheh ppl are scared shit of this blog..they belive they is a lot of counter intelligence and information planting.. and nobody wants to go down that lane eehhh  Laughing
Explains why our recent Hurlingham resident dissapeared like Godane from the TEA table. 

In the event of auto-rotation, the tail rotor becomes useless right? As i understand it, the tail rotor is for countering engine and transmission torque. Where no engine poer is being produced then the rotor becomes surplus sio?

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Thu Feb 20 2014, 13:20

deconstructor wrote:
jasiri wrote:@Mjeshi mmoja, so the Indians were in town in Dec na haukusema? Very bad man! Nway, i hear they in partnership with u guys n some civies were doing some hydrograhic surveys in the Lamu archipelago. A sign of better times to come ama ni the usual navigation maneno? . . .and i also hear it is Khulna in Bangladesh that‘s building our new OPV n not India, kweli hii?

Jasiri aren't hydrograhic surveys used to map routes for submarines?
Lets say marine crafts in general. The charts these vessels produce are used by any and all marine crafts, even amphibious aircraft.

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Thu Feb 20 2014, 13:33

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
jasiri wrote:@Mjeshi mmoja, so the Indians were in town in Dec na haukusema? Very bad man! Nway, i hear they in partnership with u guys n some civies were doing some hydrograhic surveys in the Lamu archipelago. A sign of better times to come ama ni the usual navigation maneno? . . .and i also hear it is Khulna in Bangladesh that‘s building our new OPV n not India, kweli hii?

 when the Indians are in town the prices of mattress always shoots up.  Very Happy  those are the tell tale signs.. I don,t know why those guys love our mattress'

the best ship that Bangla's have ever built ni hii....


equipped with two pair of 20 mm guns and a pair of 37 mm guns weight of 350 tonnes 50.4 meters long, 7.5 meters wide, 4.1 meters high and can carry out missions lasting up to seven days at a time speeds of 23 knots

believe me we are not going that way

or maybe your source meant the baby KNS would be similar to a Bangladesh one...



 Very Happy 
armed with a single 76.2mm NG-16-1 automatic cannon, two twin 25mm cannon mounted amidships, four C-704 surface to surface missiles (SSM) mounted aft, and two forward-mounted six-barreled RDC depth charge rocket launchers. Primary sensors include a TR-47C gunfire control radar with built-in electro-optical sensors, an SR-60 search radar, and an ESS-3 bow mounted sonar with an effective range of about 8000 meters. A JRCSS combat management system (CMS) with at least three multifunction consoles is also fitted

baado still deal is tight. the contract keeps shift actually most of them are still proposal and offers
Lets hope the exhausts aren't at the waterline...you've made it clear how much you hate those  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Flying Crane on Thu Feb 20 2014, 15:47

jasiri wrote:
mJESHI mMOJA wrote:
jasiri wrote:@Mjeshi mmoja, so the Indians were in town in Dec na haukusema? Very bad man! Nway, i hear they in partnership with u guys n some civies were doing some hydrograhic surveys in the Lamu archipelago. A sign of better times to come ama ni the usual navigation maneno? . . .and i also hear it is Khulna in Bangladesh that‘s building our new OPV n not India, kweli hii?

 when the Indians are in town the prices of mattress always shoots up.  Very Happy  those are the tell tale signs.. I don,t know why those guys love our mattress'

the best ship that Bangla's have ever built ni hii....


equipped with two pair of 20 mm guns and a pair of 37 mm guns weight of 350 tonnes 50.4 meters long, 7.5 meters wide, 4.1 meters high and can carry out missions lasting up to seven days at a time speeds of 23 knots

believe me we are not going that way

or maybe your source meant the baby KNS would be similar to a Bangladesh one...



 Very Happy 
armed with a single 76.2mm NG-16-1 automatic cannon, two twin 25mm cannon mounted amidships, four C-704 surface to surface missiles (SSM) mounted aft, and two forward-mounted six-barreled RDC depth charge rocket launchers. Primary sensors include a TR-47C gunfire control radar with built-in electro-optical sensors, an SR-60 search radar, and an ESS-3 bow mounted sonar with an effective range of about 8000 meters. A JRCSS combat management system (CMS) with at least three multifunction consoles is also fitted

baado still deal is tight. the contract keeps shift actually most of them are still proposal and offers
Lets hope the exhausts aren't at the waterline...you've made it clear how much you hate those  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

intresting to read but you guys better get your acts right and get go ships that will protect the east African coast and the shipping lanes that accompany it.
Nigeria is moving very fast. expect an locally assembled formidable craft in the next 10 year
http://china-defense.blogspot.ae/2014/01/1st-ship-of-nigerian-p18n-opv-class.html

http://www.janes.com/article/28865/details-of-nigerian-naval-shipbuilding-plans-revealed

Flying Crane

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Balozi on Thu Feb 20 2014, 21:27

now that linda inchi is over can we discus some of the ops with out compromising essentials? or what do you think guys

Balozi

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Balozi on Sat Feb 22 2014, 09:27

Balozi wrote:now that linda inchi is over can we discus some of the ops with out compromising essentials? or what do you think guys

why has every one gone quiet? you folks support my proposal or should we move on?

Balozi

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  kimiti on Sat Feb 22 2014, 12:09

The one guy who would have done it rather well is A.W.O.L

kimiti

Posts : 61
Join date : 2012-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  timoh on Sat Feb 22 2014, 12:19

Balozi wrote:
Balozi wrote:now that linda inchi is over can we discus some of the ops with out compromising essentials? or what do you think guys

why has every one gone quiet? you folks support my proposal or should we move on?
hell yea! too bad ON is not within

timoh

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-09-13
Age : 24
Location : Nairobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  timoh on Sat Feb 22 2014, 12:28

can someone drag ON back?

timoh

Posts : 82
Join date : 2011-09-13
Age : 24
Location : Nairobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Sun Feb 23 2014, 22:30

MWAURA wrote: ...These are the guys who script the resource wars... Cycoh dudus,whenever you're ready!
The pretty truth, @Mwaura. And to a 'classified-extend', what we strive to eliminate as a black race.

Speaking of the Musa mosque saga, non local, but a long term tragedy to terminate the existence of Kenya by the West - Clearly steered by a down-right lack of several choices on the best way to rob Africa. Talk of a EAC Standby Force/Lapsset/Central corridor etc... & someone at Downing street is busy shitting. That's how they were left with only the Odd-school way of violencial cessesion of the Coast in the name of MRC. But comrades! Cesseding the whole Coast?? The joke of the century & if there is a MRC sympathiser on TEA, just apply for a Tanzanian Green-card or join those human rights busy-bodies - A clear indication that you might spend the rest of your life on the streets.

Legally the MRC isn't awful, but the Kenya Police lacks the Military's subtlety & ability to cleanly navigate a convoluted Society, crammed with a lot of "Super-Powered" Antagonistic interests. The West should know that the 'Emotional-Spectrum' of the common Kenyan is widening, too, capable of encompassing both bouyant mirth & heroic tragedys. A lot of Security players are being weighed in - Kanyotu's included. I sometimes 'like' the West. I 'like' their absurdic-mode-of-contact. I 'like' their incongruous use & misuse of "First-hand" powers, & I especially 'admire' the way they introduce all those political issues & lets them fight it out with the Innocent-Mercenaries' precious blood. There's little zest, less grace and, particularly in the Mombasa saga - No creative spark to ignite "The Imagination", bro.

The 'whole' of Kenyana may be less than the sum of its 'parts'. But some of its parts are NIFTY.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Posts : 262
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 35
Location : Kwale-Kenya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Mon Feb 24 2014, 01:35

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
MWAURA wrote: ...These are the guys who script the resource wars... Cycoh dudus,whenever you're ready!
The pretty truth, @Mwaura. And to a 'classified-extend', what we strive to eliminate as a black race.

Speaking of the Musa mosque saga, non local, but a long term tragedy to terminate the existence of Kenya by the West - Clearly steered by a down-right lack of several choices on the best way to rob Africa. Talk of a EAC Standby Force/Lapsset/Central corridor etc... & someone at Downing street is busy shitting. That's how they were left with only the Odd-school way of violencial cessesion of the Coast in the name of MRC. But comrades! Cesseding the whole Coast?? The joke of the century & if there is a MRC sympathiser on TEA, just apply for a Tanzanian Green-card or join those human rights busy-bodies - A clear indication that you might spend the rest of your life on the streets.

Legally the MRC isn't awful, but the Kenya Police lacks the Military's subtlety & ability to cleanly navigate a convoluted Society, crammed with a lot of "Super-Powered" Antagonistic interests. The West should know that the 'Emotional-Spectrum' of the common Kenyan is widening, too, capable of encompassing both bouyant mirth & heroic tragedys. A lot of Security players are being weighed in - Kanyotu's included. I sometimes 'like' the West. I 'like' their absurdic-mode-of-contact. I 'like' their incongruous use & misuse of "First-hand" powers, & I especially 'admire' the way they introduce all those political issues & lets them fight it out with the Innocent-Mercenaries' precious blood. There's little zest, less grace and, particularly in the Mombasa saga - No creative spark to ignite "The Imagination", bro.

The 'whole' of Kenyana may be less than the sum of its 'parts'. But some of its parts are NIFTY.
The police actually compound the situation more than they seek to end it. They not only legitimise militancy but also gives these idiots alot of public sympathy which is essential for them because it ensures a friendly crowd they can operate in. Some of these rifrafs rioting in the city are guys i went to school with, played football with or went after their sisters  Laughing  Laughing . They are no more militants and insurgents than Sungu Sungu is a Mafia. It actually takes very little to kill this madness in Mombasa. Then again, that would be expecting too much from people who cant even aim when they shoot their rifles.

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Mon Feb 24 2014, 07:58

Heheh Jasiri, was the word 'Sisters' a typo? I thought you meant 'Sister'. Correct me if I'm wrong though Very Happy

Irregardless of the lapses that come in handy with the Police, there's still much to applaud in a '3rd-world Police force' that takes 'aim' at some Bazungu-induced problems - from hate, prejudice & intolerance to inappropriate hyper-surveillance & the corrupting influence of "First-hand" powers - and hits some of its targets.
The boys are trying their best & learning bwana.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Posts : 262
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 35
Location : Kwale-Kenya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Mon Feb 24 2014, 12:02

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:Heheh Jasiri, was the word 'Sisters' a typo? I thought you meant 'Sister'. Correct me if I'm wrong though Very Happy

Irregardless of the lapses that come in handy with the Police, there's still much to applaud in a '3rd-world Police force' that takes 'aim' at some Bazungu-induced problems - from hate, prejudice & intolerance to inappropriate hyper-surveillance & the corrupting influence of "First-hand" powers - and hits some of its targets.
The boys are trying their best & learning bwana.
still, 50 years later? you gotta ask, where were they all this time? There's no excuse for me...the Kwale maneno for instance(your sandbox). What's up with all these haphazard killings?

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Blackwater makes a Kenyan appearance

Post  Kamalet on Mon Feb 24 2014, 18:38

Anyone surprised at this development in the aviation industry? Is it possible that our security services would not have been concerned at this report in the Business Daily  
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/Turkana-oil-find-attracts-US-private-security-baron/-/539550/2218826/-/ekql0cz/-/index.html

Kamalet

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  jasiri on Mon Feb 24 2014, 22:59

For lack of a better place to ost, im watching a gulf war 1 docu n im wondering “how stupid was Sadam?“. For Storming Norman (rip) to pull a flanking move on Iraq with all the assets they had...how could they not have recced that n seen it coming?

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Tue Feb 25 2014, 15:05

jasiri wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:Heheh Jasiri, was the word 'Sisters' a typo? I thought you meant 'Sister'. Correct me if I'm wrong though Very Happy

Irregardless of the lapses that come in handy with the Police, there's still much to applaud in a '3rd-world Police force' that takes 'aim' at some Bazungu-induced problems - from hate, prejudice & intolerance to inappropriate hyper-surveillance & the corrupting influence of "First-hand" powers - and hits some of its targets.
The boys are trying their best & learning bwana.
still, 50 years later? you gotta ask, where were they all this time? There's no excuse for me...the Kwale maneno for instance(your sandbox). What's up with all these haphazard killings?

@Jasiri, this is our proud Kenyan media, which you know them just like I do or even more than I do. The reporting is dangerously 'self-interested', being concerned almost exclusively with their well-known ambition of trying to paint the war on terrorism an "uphill" task for the Kenyan Security apparatus - and behind the flawed-succulent reporting, the tone is oddly antonymic. The Kenyan media is unashamedly bred in line with their Western counterparts. No parallels.

I don't wanna appear to defend this Force. It comes with lots of convolutions & the most difficult institution in Kenya to defend by any strech of imagination. Sometimes it takes alot more than fancy patriotism to be behind anything public in Kenya.
But once one clearly gets past issues related to trying to figure out who everyone is, how they are related to each other and what their powers are, Urban migration comes knocking - the norm in Kenya.
The word 'rogue agent' is now frequent in the Agency.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

Posts : 262
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 35
Location : Kwale-Kenya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:00


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum