Somali National Army (SNA)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Somali National Army (SNA)

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Fri Jul 12 2013, 11:46

This Special Unit was discussed about earlier & it was concluded to be part of SNA. But the turn of events last week when President Madobe visited President Faroole in Galkayo - Puntland as 'written' all over these photos showed that this unit doesnot belong to SNA but rather Puntland though I ain't sure. So which is which? SNA or Puntland? Someone in the know-how can give us a clear distinction.

They look very Special & professional. And who might have trained them?

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 12 2013, 12:07

Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:This Special Unit was discussed about earlier & it was concluded to be part of SNA. But the turn of events last week when President Madobe visited President Faroole in Galkayo - Puntland as 'written' all over these photos showed that this unit doesnot belong to SNA but rather Puntland though I ain't sure. So which is which? SNA or Puntland? Someone in the know-how can give us a clear distinction.

Puntland.  South Africa.  Omani-funded.

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Fri Jul 12 2013, 13:26

ole Nkarei wrote:They look very Special & professional. And who might have trained them?

If I am not mistaken, these guys are Djiboutian. But they aren't very different from their Somali brothers who have a base just outside the airport. The Somalis were themselves trained in Djibouti by the French. See pic below.

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 12 2013, 16:53

The first two - Puntland. Trainer - South Africa Mercenary Outfit. Financiers - Oman

The last - SFG-QRF.  Recent addition, appearing around September last year.  They cause quite a stir in crazy town when they are about.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Fri Jul 12 2013, 18:55

ole Nkarei wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:This Special Unit was discussed about earlier & it was concluded to be part of SNA. But the turn of events last week when President Madobe visited President Faroole in Galkayo - Puntland as 'written' all over these photos showed that this unit doesnot belong to SNA but rather Puntland though I ain't sure. So which is which? SNA or Puntland? Someone in the know-how can give us a clear distinction.

Puntland.  South Africa.  Omani-funded.

Thanks for the clearity, @ole Nkarei. @Spartan, Tis was a mistaken identity. The photo you posted is actually what I was alluding to in my parent-post. Quite evident that I was awed by their Specialty Very Happy . But all in all, they stand out among the view.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Fri Sep 06 2013, 09:03

Somalia: Govt troops go on strike over support services
5 Sep 5, 2013 - 12:32:31 PM 

MOGADISHU, Somalia Sep. 5, 2013 (Garowe Online) –Hundreds of the Somali Federal Government troops reportedly went on strike as a result of negligence and lack of support services on Thursday, Garowe Online reports. 

300 soldiers dressed in Somali military uniform flooded into streets of Mogadishu on strikes and according to sources, the striking soldiers have been receiving military training at Mogadishu sweet factory.

Speaking to the media, one of the striking soldiers said they have been suffering from food shortages and lack of salary, "We have been under military training for three months but our government didn't provide us with the necessary requirements including food, weapons and salary".

The incident comes after Federal Government of Somalia's ministry of defence declared that it would up both security and support services for the Somali military forces. 

Mogadishu witnessed a string of explosions last night, shoring up escalations of terror attacks by Al Shabaab militants who still pose security treats to the Mogadishu-based institutions. 

Al Shabaab claimed the responsibility for the attacks.

GAROWE ONLINE

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Somalia needs more weapons - President

Post  Olekoima on Thu Jan 30 2014, 18:35

The Somalian army needs more time and better equipment to battle al-Shabab insurgents, the war-torn nation's president has said.

Read the original article on Theafricareport.com : Somalia needs more weapons - President | East & Horn Africa
Follow us: @theafricareport on Twitter | theafricareport on Facebook

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Wed May 28 2014, 18:37

Newly recruited Somali Air force cadets undergo training in Turkey.

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Wed May 28 2014, 21:00

africaken wrote:Newly recruited Somali Air force cadets undergo training in Turkey.

Oooh good now i think they should come and cart away their two An-26 lying next to 6L at HKJK---------->>> Laughing

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Thu May 29 2014, 16:55

Sierra Kilo wrote:
africaken wrote:Newly recruited Somali Air force cadets undergo training in Turkey.

Oooh good now i think they should come and cart away their two An-26 lying next to 6L at HKJK---------->>> Laughing
i believe they are going to most likely get turkey upgraded f-5 s or f-4 s or the same type of aircraft from arab countries.this is one airforce that is going to seriously challenge kenya airforce.

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SOMALIA: Turkish warships arrive in Mogadishu

Post  africaken on Sat Jun 07 2014, 17:13

Four Turkish warships on Thursday docked at the Port of Mogadishu on one-day visit to Somalia as part of its current African tour on the Indian Ocean coastline.

Welcoming the crew of the Turkish Maritime Task Group Barbaros (TMTG), Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud paid tribute to the Turkish aid and development contributions in his country.

“Turkey has shown remarkable support to Somalia during a time where the world seemed to have forgotten about us,” Mohamoud told a press conference on board of TCG Gediz frigate.

“The friendship and support Turkey has shown is something that will be forever cherished.”

Turkish Ambassador to Somalia Kani Torun, for his part, said Turkey would continue to offer aid to Somalia through Turkish agencies.

He said these agencies work day and night in Mogadishu and other Somali provinces with the aim of offering aid to the people of Somalia.

At the end of the conference, the Turkish navy offered a shipment of medical aid dedicated to the Somali people.

The welcoming ceremony was attended by Prime Minister Abdiweli Sheikh Ahmed as well as a host of other senior government officials.

The Task Group comprises of two frigates, a corvette and a replenishment tanker.

The Turkish warships are on a 102-day tour, which will cover 15,000 nautical miles and include 27 countries. It is scheduled to wrap up on June 27.

The warships passed by the Cape of Good Hope earlier in May for the first time in nearly 150 years.

The Turkish navy last crossed the Cape of Good Hope 148 years ago with two Ottoman corvettes, which were in charge of guarding Ottoman pilgrims.

Since then the Suez Canal has been the preferred route.http://horseedmedia.net/news/2014/06/somalia-turkish-warships-arrive-mogadishu-pictures/

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

somalia ALPHA team special forces

Post  africaken on Sat Jun 07 2014, 19:15

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Sun Jun 15 2014, 17:01

does any one have a clue of what i am seeing?

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Sun Jun 15 2014, 19:53

africaken wrote:does any one have a clue of what i am seeing?

helicopter maneuverers  complex and challenging but under the hands of a creative pilot they become spectacular entertaining.

by the way the bird is a new Turkish gunship...its a relatively cheap NATO standard gunship.. but iko na competition sasa with the new Chinese ZHI-10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAIC_Z-10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzAOY2IjyBI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfL0TvQpc7E
interested bloggers send your inputs.

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Mon Jun 16 2014, 18:20

Risasi wrote:

helicopter maneuverers  complex and challenging but under the hands of a creative pilot they become spectacular entertaining.

by the way the bird is a new Turkish gunship...its a relatively cheap NATO standard gunship.. but iko na competition sasa with the new Chinese ZHI-10.

my interest was the somali national army General Dahir Adan Elmi who was among the visitors and who is on a tour in turkey on the turkey military invitation,check out that bold old man among the visitors 

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Mon Jun 16 2014, 18:36

Risasi wrote:

do you mean this chopper !

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Tue Jun 17 2014, 12:22

africaken wrote:
Risasi wrote:

It just had to be the pic of a crashed Z-10 

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji on Tue Jun 17 2014, 17:53

jasiri wrote:

Noted the same thing earlier today.Think Africanken doesn't like the chinese choppers.However allBut considering we have the Z9, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Z10, but then with the Havocs, this machine may not be necessary

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Tue Jun 17 2014, 21:16

mchoraji wrote:
jasiri wrote:

Noted the same thing earlier today.Think Africanken doesn't like the chinese choppers.However allBut considering we have the Z9, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Z10, but then with the Havocs, this machine may not be necessary

@Africanken any aircraft can crush, my bro africanken aka cyclone...... Very Happy 

Mr woo was slopy slopish for a future Gunshipdeal meant  for the 50ACB the Russians  nab it I will explain more nipe mdaa we finish hii mambo ya Mpeketoni..but isn,t she (zhi-10) beautiful for a Chinese

back to our current affairs, doubting Thomas  any think else, after the Head of state official declared that, hand foreigners played part of it.

tukutane hapo kwa page yetu ya KDF kwa maelezo zaidi.  let me talk to my friends at those dark offices .
good day gentlemen.

p.s a white man was see leading the terror ops

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Wed Jun 18 2014, 19:16

Risasi wrote:
mchoraji wrote:
jasiri wrote:

@Africanken any aircraft can crush, my bro africanken aka cyclone...... Very Happy 

Mr woo was slopy slopish for a future Gunshipdeal meant  for the 50ACB the Russians  nab it I will explain more nipe mdaa we finish hii mambo ya Mpeketoni..but isn,t she (zhi-10) beautiful for a Chinese

back to our current affairs, doubting Thomas  any think else, after the Head of state official declared that, hand foreigners played part of it.

tukutane hapo kwa page yetu ya KDF kwa maelezo zaidi.  let me talk to my friends at those dark offices .
good day gentlemen.

your under estimating the C.I.A ,reading your so called conspiracy about america makes me laugh.even the damn opposition is a joke,kenyan is in a critical period and both the ruling coalition and opposition  rather than deal with the real issues which could plunge this country into a failed state are busy taking us there.@risasi even if Raila was president,i would still consider KDF incompetent.in the past three regime KDF have always maintained its nepotism,corruption,incompetency,inefficiency e.t.c even after having largest military budget expenditure for decades. kenyan epitomizes the black culture of blaming the whiteman for his laziness decades after slavery,colonization e.t.c .KDF used to survive by a false myth of its exception-ism guess what now the threat is real.@risasi stop lying to us ,you dont have MI-28 thats a myth.i know of guys in KDF both from tribe in JUBILEE AND CORD who should be in barracks or somalia but because the have GOD FATHERS wako mtaani .mtoto wa masikini dio yuko somalia na ana guard border.

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Wed Jun 18 2014, 19:20

africaken wrote:
Sierra Kilo wrote:

i believe they are going to most likely get turkey upgraded f-5 s or f-4 s or the same type of aircraft from arab countries.this is one airforce that is going to seriously challenge kenya airforce.
do you think this guys are sons of ordinary Somalis,this are sons of the elite in the somalia government.this is the reality of africa

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Wed Jun 18 2014, 19:43

Risasi wrote:
mchoraji wrote:
jasiri wrote:

good day gentlemen.

that white man is one of the hundreds even thousands who kenyan security apparatus ignore who flocked to somalia using kenya as a transit while both foreign intelligence,media,parents,wife's  of this men warned you as far back as 2007 but you ignored .now your claiming america wants your tu mafuta,typical of Africans the joke of the world.look at our performance in world cup,we need a white man to perform better.

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan on Thu Jun 19 2014, 10:08

africaken wrote:that white man is one of the hundreds even thousands who kenyan security apparatus ignore who flocked to somalia using kenya as a transit while both foreign intelligence,media,parents,wife's  of this men warned you as far back as 2007 but you ignored .now your claiming america wants your tu mafuta,typical of Africans the joke of the world.look at our performance in world cup,we need a white man to perform better.

Now you are talking.Lets bring in some whites like we did sometime back,akina Antoine Hey who led us away from world cup qualification under an african (Kimanzi, world cup 2010) and even achieved the highest rating (68th) in the world. Or Henri Michel. I bet wherever you work you are under a "mzungu" since you can only deliver results for a mzungu and not a fellow dark-skinned person.
I better go lie down.

proud kenyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Thu Jun 19 2014, 19:06

proud kenyan wrote:
africaken wrote:that white man is one of the hundreds even thousands who kenyan security apparatus ignore who flocked to somalia using kenya as a transit while both foreign intelligence,media,parents,wife's  of this men warned you as far back as 2007 but you ignored .now your claiming america wants your tu mafuta,typical of Africans the joke of the world.look at our performance in world cup,we need a white man to perform better.

Now you are talking.Lets bring in some whites like we did sometime back,akina Antoine Hey who led us away from world cup qualification under an african (Kimanzi, world cup 2010) and even achieved the highest rating (68th) in the world. Or Henri Michel. I bet wherever you work you are under a "mzungu" since you can only deliver results for a mzungu and not a fellow dark-skinned person.
I better go lie down.
i can assure kenyans cant deliver neither by themselves or under white man or chinese .we are future congo(zaire) in decline,you have more hope moving to either uganda,tanzania,ethiopia,rwanda and in future somalia 

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mchoraji on Fri Jun 20 2014, 10:59

africaken wrote:i can assure kenyans cant deliver neither by themselves or under white man or chinese .we are future congo(zaire) in decline,you have more hope moving to either uganda,tanzania,ethiopia,rwanda and in future somalia 

A proverb; ''Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those doing it''

Africaken I hate people going on all day of how things are bad & not offering solutions.Why are you in Kenya if it's so bad? Go to the USA or Europe & live there.Renounce your citizenship.....at least you'l be happy.Move to South Africa or wherever else you think is better.Just tired of this s**t

Last edited by mchoraji on Fri Jun 20 2014, 13:07; edited 1 time in total

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz on Fri Jun 20 2014, 11:51

@mchoraji, kuna watu wanafikiri mzungu haendi msalani. If the Rwandans @africaken is admiring became as pessimistic 2 decade ago, where would they be? Kenya will not sink

Kobooz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Fri Jun 20 2014, 19:54

Kobooz wrote:@mchoraji, kuna watu wanafikiri mzungu haendi msalani. If the Rwandans @africaken is admiring became as pessimistic 2 decade ago, where would they be? Kenya will not sink
please dont compare us with rwanda  where now most of our learned are now flee@Kobooz you the kind of people who are astonished that kenyans pilots are flying F-5's while uganda and ethiopians are flying much complex jets ,@Kobooz tuko league dongo because of the elite in politics who claim ni wazalendo but they are not

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  africaken on Fri Jun 20 2014, 20:08

mchoraji wrote:
africaken wrote:i can assure kenyans cant deliver neither by themselves or under white man or chinese .we are future congo(zaire) in decline,you have more hope moving to either uganda,tanzania,ethiopia,rwanda and in future somalia 

A proverb; ''Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those doing it''

Africaken I hate people going on all day of how things are bad & not offering solutions.Why are you in Kenya if it's so bad? Go to the USA or Europe & live there.Renounce your citizenship.....at least you'l be happy.Move to South Africa or wherever else you think is better.Just tired of this s**t
@mchoraji this kenyan has wenyewe so i am not stopping anyone ,i am just ranting my frustration to those who are sworn to protect me and are doing nothing.we need to see results,just imagine if after 9/11 americans never saw their military do anything or just recent after ISIS took mosul ,why do you think every day while your watching IRAQ news the iraq military is releasing footage of its airforce attacking ISIS targets?because you all think i am just ranting for the sake of it ,i am silent from this moment onward

africaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Somalia army weapons sold on open market: U.N. monitors

Post  Olekoima on Tue Oct 14 2014, 17:34

Somali army weapons and ammunition continue to be diverted to open markets despite the government's pledges to prevent its arms from leaking and ending up in the hands of Islamist militants, U.N. investigators said in a new report.

The Somalia-Eritrea Monitoring Group, an 8-member panel of investigators that monitors compliance with U.N. sanctions on the two countries, said there had been improvements in government reports on the contents of its armouries but suggested the situation remained unsatisfactory......
http://defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36574:somalia-army-weapons-sold-on-open-market-un-monitors&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&Itemid=111

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:58

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top