Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

results

Post  timoh on Fri Dec 02 2011, 21:50

when are the results admin?

timoh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is this the work of Kenya defense forces?

Post  countersniper on Fri Dec 02 2011, 22:39

check out this report from a pro TFG website.someone sent me this link from a kenyan nipate website.
http://www.mareeg.com/fidsan.php?sid=22056&tirsan=3
Fighter jets strike Al-Shabaab training camps‎ in Somalia
2/12/2011
El Adde (mareeg) –Suspected
Kenyan fighter jets on Friday raided Al-Shabaab training camps in El
Adde location nearby Bardhere town of border Gedo region, as they
intensify their crackdown on the militant groups in southern
Somalia,reports and witnesses said.

Locals confirmed to media that
warplanes carried out a number of air strikes in Al-Shabab hide outs in
Al Adde Township of southern Somali region of Gedo in order to flush out
the rebels

The suspected Kenyan fighter jets were reportedly hit numerous missiles on Al-Shabaab training bases in the township of El Adde. The exact casualties of the bombardment on Al-shabab camps in southern Somalia
were not available soon, but witnesses said that the thud of the air
missiles have been heard remote towns far from the target area

Nairobi sent troops and tanks into neighboring Somalia
in mid-October to fight and destroy Al-shabab insurgents who it accuses
of staging a series of attacks and kidnapping on Kenyan soil

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

VOTE RESULTS

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 03 2011, 08:25

Below is the list of the voters register in order from when the polls started. The direction to which each member took will remain confidential, and the register is for accountability purpose i.e the 20 votes casted.

“they is no need lets keep posting at the KDF page” takes 55% of the total vote

Admin
100 %
SS Jamuhuri
100 %
vince
100 %
Vitruvian
100 %
timoh
100 %
mekatilili
100 %
tempest
100 %
Tanker
100 %
Sierra Kilo
100 %
ole Nkarei
100 %
Olekoima
100 %
rwigi
100 %
MWAURA
100 %
USMC Ice Soldier
100 %
Al Bashir
100 %
countersniper
100 %
AzKahia
100 %
Risasi
100 %
Balozi
100 %
georiise

Active members Not Voted
Mashaa, one man army, sayaret matkal, efrommers, jasiri, flying crane , bwana pesa, mjeshi mmoja, tres impoli,, livefire, masai moja, gustav, areba, kim, jram, kobooz, Spartan, bravotwo zero,

This is still a large percentage and could act as a swing vote to change the direction of the results.
I will extend it up to Monday 12:00 am and then official announce the votes.
Thanxs

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://eastafrican.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 03 2011, 11:52

Let me jump in briefly! But there is something like a big umbrella above me! Well, @crane the operation doesnt concern you, thats why you were not invited or consulted despite being in the vicinity. This thing is being pulled off at levels you cant understand at the moment, just watch and take notes as earlier advised. I see that the current diplomatic spat has been cooled off. Talk of KDF, I admire these guys. We were in a matatu from town. There were some 20 paras riding with us. they were tipsy, I challenge one 'if u are able to jump off DHC-5 B how about jumping off this mat @ full speed. He casually and nonchalantly offers to do it and yes he did it. I later trace him @ Mab and find him unscathed!

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army on Sat Dec 03 2011, 12:56

Guys,Mele Zenawi own words, "Government of Ethiopia underestimated Kenya ability to pull of an operation in Somalia." Will provide the link soon!

one man army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 03 2011, 20:53

Al Bashir wrote:

@Bashir - sending in Army to do policing work anywhere in the world is fraught with grave risks of some civilian aggravation such as you describe. It is not uniquely a KDF phenomena, Brother Bashir; hell, coz the American Army was shoved into law enforcement under the guise of a ‘’ muscled police mandate’’ to ‘’recreate the Iraqi Society and Government’’, resulted in the death of over half-a-million Iraqis before the American Army was eventually extracted barely six years after deployment – either from direct American Army action or in direct reaction to American Army action.

But when armed quasi-military elements wage war on a civilian population, like it as not the Army will go in, because Law Enforcement lacks Philosophical Indoctrination in Training to effectively engage such elements - and like it as not some civilian aggravation will be resultant. Probably the extent of this aggravation will vary by the scope of this challenge and the discipline and organization of the responding Army. Now, picture UPDF being sent in to do just the same thing you describe KDF in Kakuma!

@one-man-army - Friday was not a particularly good day for us, dude! But not as bad as the bastards are crowing about. Some very brave action, a soldier's day.

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army on Sun Dec 04 2011, 06:16

Kenyan jets loaded and ready for action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zDLXyPe-5O8

one man army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reserves

Post  timoh on Sun Dec 04 2011, 09:03

wow, proud of our jets proven to be worthy. Hey, considering we are growing to be a regional power economically n militarily. considering we hv lyk 45k active personel, isnt it a good idea to have reserves? i mean guys from NYS could be at least useful.....watcha think ya'al?

timoh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

what a professional force!

Post  mashaa on Sun Dec 04 2011, 18:08

KDF has proven itself to be a very professional outfit,its like day & night compared to other things that go on in our country. Our forces just like our athletes do internationally,have done us proud.God bless our men & women in uniform.

mashaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army on Mon Dec 05 2011, 06:17

A.S is already realizing that there is only three ways out.defect,get out of Somalia or come to terms with the "joy" of owning 7 virgins in the after life courtesy of these "big guns" unleashed by K.D.F
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MhZgYkqCUf4

Last edited by one man army on Mon Dec 05 2011, 08:34; edited 1 time in total

one man army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 05 2011, 07:39

timoh wrote:wow, proud of our jets proven to be worthy. Hey, considering we are growing to be a regional power economically n militarily. considering we hv lyk 45k active personel, isnt it a good idea to have reserves? i mean guys from NYS could be at least useful.....watcha think ya'al?

There is a ''Reserve Force'', TImoh. It just isnt like the American model which militarizes their population - but see the penchant of American civilians to resort to gun violence at the most whimsical of excuses? In Kenya, you must have served in the Armed Forces and are of a certain age and medical condition. NYS chaps past / present too are susceptible to call-up and induction into the Army if the need arises - but subject of course to age and current medical condition.

All the rest of you have sworn to serve if called up, when you signed for your Kenya National ID, in the event of General Mobilisation - say, if Ethiopia and Uganda were to both declare a general war against Kenya. Hehehe!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Mon Dec 05 2011, 18:37

Seems like the SAF is advancing its missile technology from its ordnance factory in Omdurman if the below info is anything to go by. They might build more potent stuff enough to hit NBO if we do not withdraw the warrant.

In a related issue an aid worker told Sudan Tribune that on Sunday two long range missiles hit Kauda in South Kordofan wounding four civilians. He said that the source of the missiles appears to be Kadugli, the capital of South Kordofan which is 92 kilometers from Kauda.

(ST

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

AMISOM???

Post  timoh on Tue Dec 06 2011, 21:28

NO! Wats the cabinet thinkin?? aint comfortable with our guys under amisom, i mean ug has been in mogadishu since??...no resources,roughed up by alshabaab,...... and we join them? doesnt sound like a good idea.speak out guys....

timoh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir on Wed Dec 07 2011, 02:30

timoh wrote:NO! Wats the cabinet thinkin?? aint comfortable with our guys under amisom, i mean ug has been in mogadishu since??...no resources,roughed up by alshabaab,...... and we join them? doesnt sound like a good idea.speak out guys....

The move by the cabinet to second KDF forces to Amison seems to have been mostly influenced by financial reasons. War is very expensive and right now GOK is not in its best financial standings. KRA recently reported a decline in revenues this year, prices have shot through the roof, there's an election to be budgeted and paid for within the next 12 months, etc. etc. There has been wide press coverage of Kenya seeking financial and logistical assistance from the west. The Kenyan ambassador to the US was in the media 2 weeks ago appealing for financial assistance for OLN.
With the current financial turmoil in the US and EU such assistance may be hard to come by. The major advantage of having KDF enjoined in Amisom is that the UN foots part if not most of the bill plus they provide reimbursement for equipment deployed. Whether or not this is a smart tactical move is still up for debate.

Al Bashir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh on Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:29

could we be under amisom and still conduct our operations independently? i mean without being under a foreigners command and sticking to our objectives....

timoh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Wed Dec 07 2011, 09:55

A lot has happened since i last visited, i see we even have a poll going on. The OLN has seemingly lost steam, from where i am i certainly see it that way. What happened to Kismayu and Afmadow? Speaking of logistical support, NATO is imminently taking deliver of the A-400M will it be wise to hassle for a few decommissioned Transalls? They are well maintained and sufficiently upgraded to give us some advantage. what say you Risasi?

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane on Wed Dec 07 2011, 19:46

@ timoh Excited about those third Generation KAF minuter Jets????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_generation_jet_fighter

What would you call 4th ++ genration avionics ?? rocket science eehh??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_generation_jet_fighter

Mad Mad Mad Mad Grow up man you make me sick.Sad
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Uganda---Air/Sukhoi-Su-30MK2/1953037/L/

Flying Crane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane on Wed Dec 07 2011, 19:56

they is a message for you in this clip Risasi and Boys.. listen carefully again. got it ??? Do you feel like you want to visit the Toilet now……… Mr's.

Flying Crane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir on Wed Dec 07 2011, 21:14

jasiri wrote:A lot has happened since i last visited, i see we even have a poll going on. The OLN has seemingly lost steam, from where i am i certainly see it that way. What happened to Kismayu and Afmadow? Speaking of logistical support, NATO is imminently taking deliver of the A-400M will it be wise to hassle for a few decommissioned Transalls? They are well maintained and sufficiently upgraded to give us some advantage. what say you Risasi?

A few weeks ago I received some very embarrassing if not disturbing news from a friend in the forces. I've been reluctant to post it here as I have no way to independently verify the claim. But judging from the way things are going it now seems more likely than not that there is some truth to it. Apparently the march to Kisamayo was abandoned on Nov 12th and the front line troops withdrawn to Mombasa. why? I don't know. Defense minister Haji over the weekend announced that Afmadhow and Kismayo were not at the top of his to-do list. His main goal is now to keep A.S 100 km away from our borders. This 180 degree reversal gives weight to the info I've received. With KDF joining Amisom there will be no battle for these two cities in the foreseeable future. OLN as initially described is officially dead. This now seems to be OLN II or something of the sort. But at least we have a decent exit strategy.

Our men and women in uniform have made us proud, elevated the country's status in the region but unfortunately the politicians have other plans.

Al Bashir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 07 2011, 21:30

Flying Crane wrote:

they is a message for you in this clip Risasi and Boys.. listen carefully again. got it ??? Do you feel like you want to visit the Toilet now……… Mr's.

I think I got it:
Uganda is going bankrupt; Uganda has no military pilots of her own; UPDF might one day be a lean and professional army; Uganda has heliptas or something; Most Ugandans think the Sukhois are a bad idea; Suicide bombers will now face the wrath of 4++ generation avionics. Did I miss anything?
I think I'm going to visit the Toilet now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 08 2011, 02:18

timoh wrote:could we be under amisom and still conduct our operations independently? i mean without being under a foreigners command and sticking to our objectives....

Nothing like that, we are not ever serving under anybody BUT KDF, Timoh!! AMISOM has no capacity to interface command and comms with KDF - too primitive to say the least. KDF is entirely different in fighting philosophy to UPDF and the Burundians, infact cross-training with the UPDF has never been envisaged precisely due to that alone. But the only legal mandate by International Law inside Somalia is AMISOM, and for that reason there can be no overt funding of KDF by International Bodies and Governments outside this AMISOM Umbrella. Now watch the purse strings become untied. KDF brings Mission Expanders (Air, Armour, Sea, Gunship, etc) and specialized Assets to the AMISOM table - you recall I said a year ago we would have to go into Mogadishu to save UPDF's bacon?

AS has SERIOUS limitations of capacity men and funds, and assault in one area invariably requires shuttling fighting units from other areas to meet the assault. So UPDF hopes KDF goes full-tilt into Kismayo a la Ethiopian and along the way KDF alienates the locals so the locals turn against KDF. The Mogadishu empties of AS as they galvanize their outraged citizenry to Kismayo!!

Vitruvian, buddy, let the Crane Bird fly, if it can without feathers, that is - you dang well plucked them long ago!!

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Thu Dec 08 2011, 23:23; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army on Thu Dec 08 2011, 07:14

No one could or would put it better than the way you put it Tom.Kudos sir.You're like in a way the Instructor that Summons "the Cranes" from the western side of the border to "the academy" and gives them just the right dose of reality.Through out this forum,they have tried to undermine substance and have opted for gumboot madness the only thing they are accustomed to over the last two decades.I must be honest and say ive watched video from Mog and the u.p.d.f detachment there has at times fought bravely the only sad part is,thats not the whole story.The big picture is that the character and philosophy of U.p.d.f as a whole involve a lot of things that a professional army wouldn't do unless on mutiny.Talk of things like pillaging deep in Congo,suppressing free expression of ugandan people,beating up civilians and propping the political elite,Damn they have been accused of slaughtering Karamoja cows for food and funny enough as they are doing on this forum making wild and outrageous allegations of owning anything and everything including ballistic missiles yet going to war in gumboots and yellow 20 gallon cans of water on their back packs.Who is fooling who? When they were bragging about 6 ineffective jets,am the one that told them those jets will never save them from anybody.Look,now its K.d.f that will save them from the chaos and Gumboot madness in Mogadishu.

one man army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 08 2011, 10:45

I am still very much against joining AMISOM, sure the UN will give financial assistance which we do welcome but I think it will have so many strings attached that it will make this operation a major headache, secondly I am not for our boys being used as Sheik Shariffs personal bodyguards ala U.P.D.F and thirdly wasn't this mission a Kenyan campaign to protect her borders and her interests?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz on Thu Dec 08 2011, 13:58

Crane! you have totally failed to understand our english. We can easily neutralise the SU's while on tarmac with unforseen unseens like what has been confusing you in OLI. You would then blame non existent american drones, french naval ships etc etc. Therefore the thanks for the video clips but nothing new to us. Pls get the message once and for all.

Kobooz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA on Thu Dec 08 2011, 15:18

ole Nkarei wrote:
timoh wrote:could we be under amisom and still conduct our operations independently? i mean without being under a foreigners command and sticking to our objectives....

Nothing like that, we are not ever serving under anybody [color=red]BUT[/color] KDF, Timoh!! AMISOM has no capacity to interface command and comms with KDF - too primitive to say the least. KDF is entirely different in fighting philosophy to UPDF and the Burundians, infact cross-training with the UPDF has never been envisaged precisely due to that alone. But the only legal mandate by International Law inside Somalia is AMISOM, and for that reason there can be no overt funding of KDF by International Bodies and Governments outside this AMISOM Umbrella. Now watch the purse strings become untied. KDF brings Mission Expanders (Air, Armour, Sea, Gunship, etc) and specialized Assets to the AMISOM table - you recall I said a year ago we would have to go into Mogadishu to save UPDF's bacon?

AS has SERIOUS limitations of capacity men and funds, and assault in one area invariably requires shuttling fighting units from other areas to meet the assault. So UPDF hopes KDF goes full-tilt into Kismayo a la Ethiopian and along the way KDF alienates the locals so the locals turn against KDF. The Mogadishu empties of AS as they galvanize their outraged citizenry to Kismayo!!

Vitruvian, buddy, let the Crane Bird fly, if it can without feathers, that is - you dang well plucked them long ago!!
I specifically remember that. Btw, its amazing what the regional pretenders will do to stay in Washingtons good books-exaggerations,lies,even slander. Look at Zenawi.
Meles voiced concern “that Kenya’s susceptibility to ‘financial
inducements’ threatened to jeopardize Ethiopia’s operations … [and]
called for the USG to highlight to Kenyan authorities the need to
capture extremists.”
http://www.navytimes.com/news/2011/11/army-tense-ties-plagued-africa-ops-112811w/

Using Horses and Camels in War situation needs a definite
‘’culturalisation’’ of their users – too much personalized care of this
specialized equipment, near-impossible without very ‘‘latent’’
understanding. Few Kenyans can related intimately with these animals
under stealth and fire-fight conditions.

But we are rushing to
develop the five-man light-weight all-terrain buggy-type from some
local prototypes. Several chassis-types, similar configurations.
Wouldn’t be anywhere like the V-8, 5L version of the Americans SF, but
similar concept and almost just as lethal in mobility, firepower, and
other SF applications. Exciting times, these…
Very true! Not every urban adolescent can be converted into a dragoon. I was thinking about a mounted horse/camel/mixed unit. I know for a fact such an anti poaching unit used to exist in the 70s in N.Kenya. I saw operational photos by their commander in Journey to the Jade Sea,his autobiography,by John Hillaby. No POL logistical headaches and they had the increased effectiveness I referred to earlier. Keep us posted on the local ATV development.

MWAURA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 08 2011, 15:58

ole Nkarei wrote: ... you recall I said a year ago we would have to go into Mogadishu to save UPDF's bacon?

On which occasion I muttered to myself, in disbelief, "Aw come now, Tom!"
Today, all I can say is "Hotdamn!"

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Thu Dec 08 2011, 21:47

@ timoh USMC Ice Soldier Cool down guys .. I would like to hear your NEGATIVE sentiments on the AMISOM plan. Very Happy Smile

@ JASIRI you wouldn,t complaint that they are second hand?Very Happy Smile

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A day in the Life of UPDF

Post  Al Bashir on Fri Dec 09 2011, 07:02

UPDF training camp/barracks. These guys need a serious upgrade. M7 should have put the welfare of his men first instead of squandering public wealth on those Suhkois even though he has no pilots to fly them.

http://bfbs.com/news/worldwide/life-ugandan-army-53932.html

Al Bashir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Al Bashir on Fri Dec 09 2011, 07:19

Flying Crane wrote:

Mr crane judging from your posts you seem to be a bit informed on military matters. However you need to read on why the Vietnam/Vietcong airforce despite their superior Mig-21's were totally annihilated by the "inferior" F-4 phantoms. Its one thing to have fancy toys, its another thing to be able to use them and use them effectively. Counting the fact that the UPDF has no Su trained pilots at the moment, it will be atleast 10 years before you have a squadron of elite pilots.

Al Bashir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army on Fri Dec 09 2011, 08:13

Al Bashir when i watched the link you provided about how U.p.d.f are prepared for Mogadishu and the conditions and the environment they live in,not mentioning ugly ass gumboots on their feet,i felt humbled and thankful that our training facilities here in Kenya make U.p.d.f look like a stone age fellow.Hell am not even gonna engage in silly debate with the cranes i wont stoop to these standards.Good gracious and they brag of 6 jets?Mu7 is a mad man!he got his priorities screwed up badly.His stammering that those jets will hunt terrorists indicates this man is senile and need political replacement.
Watch the link again and tell me what these guys can tell u and u listen!

one man army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:00

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top