Kenya Defence Force

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Sierra Kilo on Fri Dec 09 2011, 10:57

Ok Seriously, can someone tell them that a spade is not a big spoon!!!

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army on Fri Dec 09 2011, 14:23

where i come from the shovel is used to flip manure and cow dung its not used to auger a meal for soldiers.For heaven sake these are the soldiers to be deployed so they deserve better treatment.it makes one wonder what happens on the ground in their mud constructed army barracks.

one man army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/1286420/-/bg5vcgz/-/index.html

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 09 2011, 16:05

I never swear on Newspapers ever, but I thought the Uganda News report makes some interesting reading. Reminds one of those crazy days of ''everything goes'' in Kenya in the eighties, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri on Fri Dec 09 2011, 20:51

It is now official that the UG CIC is out of his mind.. how the hell can soldiers become motivated to fight while wallowing in such lives.. i pity the soldiers.. ugali na maharagwe.. thats kamiti feeding + living in Kibera type shacks.. and an AFCO built off of mud.. and yet they spend all that cash buying jets.. no offence but if i was a UPDF pilot id crash a jet as payback for such a lifestyle while defending my nation..

SS Jamuhuri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 10 2011, 00:27

I said it before the war philosophies of KDF and UPDF are diametrically different. And that should be obvious from the Casualty stats in Mogadishu compared to those of the entire 1000KM front in South Gedo, Central and South Juba that KDF has effectively matriculated in a short period of three weeks. It takes nearly 100 more times to train and care for one KDF ''Private'' as it takes for his equivalent in the UPDF - in the barracks!! ANd that figure grows substantially higher with the NCO comparison. So, which Divisional Commander will greater factor in combat losses in his battle plans more than the other? Hell, in KDF you'd eat Githeri from individual CHOICE, by gawd!!

The Video link I found it undeniably offensive / demeaning, to say the link, and typical of the feel-good promo BS that the British Ministry of Defense puts out to the British Public to ustify itself. Ati ''Army wives in Uganda move with their husbands like Army wives in the UK!!!"" Eeiiish!!!

Back to top Go down

KDF must not agree to serve under any UPDF command

Post  countersniper on Sat Dec 10 2011, 13:19

personally i must say the hijacking of operation linda inchi by the failling AU mission in somalia a very offensive and unpalatable development.
KDF must be left to fullfill the core mission of getting alshabab crushed..before any joining of this mission in mogadishu..
watching the rambo style circus of the ban ki moon convoy driving through mogadishu speeding like scared rabbits and then seeing the classic plane taking of into the air in an evasive moves as he left mogadishu re inforced the fact that AU has failed to secure this city.

lastly i do not think kenyan generals will feel comfortable to serve under a command whose CIC museveni once ridiculed as a career army not fit for purpose.
SINCE KDF will provide the major assets on land, sea and air plus properly trained motivated men/women ...then kenya must insist to take over the command and control of this mission.nothing less.

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  timoh on Sat Dec 10 2011, 13:27

@crane, yey, i saw the video,the sukhois are grt but did yu tell me to 'grow up' over them??man i hv seen yu humbled(or shuld i say embarassed) several tyms, with all due respect man, dnt get me started,its one thing to brag over your (ineffective)jets but dissing over them??.....
@countersniper....am with you man,doesnt feel right our boys under some updf gen. we so effective in 3weeks...its tym we took over amisom command....

timoh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

KDF must not agree to serve under any UPDF command

Post  countersniper on Sat Dec 10 2011, 16:03

Precisely..remember the actions of one young lt general mulinge in siera leone who led kenyans out of a rebel held trap ?
we need to avoid kenya defence forces serving under inept or substandard commands.
does any of you recall the kenbat mission to Sierra leone where kenyan mission lost three men due to bad judgement by lousy thick poor reasoning indian general?

This infamous UN mandated commander of mission in siera leone at that time refused to send in gunships that were under the control of ukrainian contigents(who handled transport logistics and air cover) to rescue or help kenyan troops who were surrounded and outnumbered by rebels in the northern sector where kenyans were told to operate and carry out disarmament activity...the rebels did not like this.

The general when told of repeated radio calls for help just looked at the map they had on the wall circled the area where kenyans were trapped in red marker pen and said "NO.JUST WRITE THESE GUYS OFF ..THE AREA IS TOO DANGEROUS TO SEND ANY HELP WE CANNOT RISK MORE LIVES."

A British colonel who was in the room told the guy he is making a mistake and that he knew kenyan soldiers and their training and was confident they would prevail.
AFTER several days of being under fire and almost being overrun by blood thirsty rebels..kenyans hatched a daring escape plan which they executed with such speed and bravery that surprised the rebels.
In the ensuing battle two kenyans died from enemy fire and one platoon sergeant got lost in the thick equittorial rain forest while injured.

This injured man survived for days while playing hide and seek with the rebels who were out looking all over.
The kenyan soldier after seven days and now too weak found an old man villager who was gardening and this man kept him hidden in a shack for another five days while he tried to find help for this man.
Eventually the rebels caught up with the kenyan after being tipped off.

They came calling one evening and drugged the now helpless kenyan out of the back shack and killed him in cold blood on the footpath nearby...then hurriedly buried him in full uniform in a shallow grave.they did not harm the old man who lived to tell the story later as to exactly what took place leading to the mans death and also pointing out the spot where the body was laid to rest...i think his name was SSGT Wanyama..though i an not really sure..

The kenyans remains were recovered later after several months when the next kenbat mission took over with a kenyan general in charge with clear peace enforcement orders
In somalia it is unlikely we can expect kenya to serve under a poor command as we sit and watch.. NO WAY!.

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 10 2011, 17:42

@ countersniper and others - no professional army ever cedes operational oversight unless on surrender. We are not, repeat not, integrating command with AMISOM. Not this year and neither next year. We are neither taking over command of AMISOM nor are we going to run joint ops, or staging from same vector. Our Assets will continue to be utilized near-exclusively for our purposes, unless aiding AMISOM should serve our specific National interests / purposes. Damn it all, we are KDF, Period! This AMISOM maneno is really a ''laundry'' matter alone - how to legally finance a KDF invasion of an ''independent'' country (if one can call Somalia that), to do a job everyone wants done but lack the political will and military muscle to do. The UN/AU is the only viable avenue for this. So, even the Ethiopians will be 'AU-hatted' before you know it if they should move beyond beledweyne / Baidoa as it is intended. Relax, brothers, we shall not be dying for M7 anytime soon.

Back to top Go down

is this just another armchair report without facts ?

Post  countersniper on Sun Dec 11 2011, 09:53

Reading this report from this daily nation reporter makes me wonder if it is just speculation or fact.
what are KDF combat engineers doing to cross that deep creek?
By FRED OLUOCH.
http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/-/2558/1287200/-/item/1/-/7nwevr/-/index.html
Why Kenya is not making any strides in the war against Al Shabaab two months into incursion
Posted
Monday, December 12
2011 at
00:00

Last edited by countersniper on Sun Dec 11 2011, 18:22; edited 2 times in total

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri on Sun Dec 11 2011, 10:23

as i was watching yesterday's news i couldnt help but notice a comment by Col. Oguna.. that the KDF wants to join AMISOM for political reasons and not to merge with other AMISOM forces.. is it a political move or a miscalculated move by the Cabinet>? i hope the cabinet has a military advisor to advise them on handling military activities.. like countersniper said.. the rumors milling around the media make one thnk that joining AMISOM is an upcoming reality..

SS Jamuhuri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

KDF Hamvee destroyed by landmine in mandera border town

Post  countersniper on Sun Dec 11 2011, 18:12

i am starting to think it was a grave mistake to slow down this fight against alshabab...it seems they have regrouped and are bringing the fight to kenyan border towns just as kdf takes a lull due to other factors.
it is high time that the government declared no movement of civilians from 3pm to 7am daily in all these border towns so that the security forces can hunt down alshabab men and their supporters
a cell phone was recovered from the scene of this blast so it means the IED was activated by simm card..so this phone must be forensically examined and this could lead the forces to the organizers of this crime.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/AP+killed+9+soldiers+injured+in+landmine+explosions/-/1056/1287720/-/xaa291/-/index.html

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Mon Dec 12 2011, 16:26

Men, arguing with this Crane is slowly turning this forum into a Mashada type thing with mud slinging and name calling being the order of the day. Ignore him once and for all.

Today was Jamhuri day and i noticed some things, surprising and disappointing as well. The disappointing bit, why was there no usual heavy flypast by Air Force air assets? Are two chopers all we could manage? No fighters, no z9's, md500's, mils, fokkers, dash 8's, y 12's, Dash 5's. VERY DISAPPOINTING!
Two, there was this black K.P van tagging at the back of the presidents motorcade. in my limited knowledge of such vehicles they usually house equipment to jam cell hone signals that can be used to detonate an IED remotely? Honestly, are we running that scared?!?

@Risasi i wouldn't complain they are secondhand coz the kind of upgrades to engines and systems is top notch. but then again maybe the airframe lifetime left aint worth it.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

these are animals, plain and simple.

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 12 2011, 17:18

http://www.raxanreeb.com/?p=122552

No words. Just bile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 12 2011, 18:50

What lunacy is this?
Changing horses in the middle of a race when you are leagues ahead of the pack? Letting your mortal enemy take a breather, light a fag and rebrand when you already have him by the cojones?
The cost of the war? Nonsense. If costs were not central to the planning of this campaign from the very beginning, if various scenarios & associated costs were not considered in minute detail, I'm a monkey's uncle (some would argue that I am, regardless).
The apology is inane to a fault: We halted the advance, and thus the prospects of a swift victory and limited expense, in order to secure funding for the war, whose costs are rising because we halted the advance, and thus the prospects of a swift victory and limited expense...
Had the blitzkrieg been allowed to continue to its inevitable end, the cost to our war chest, to our economy, to our reputation and to our national psyche would have been infinitely smaller.
I will not malign myself by considering vacuous stuck-in-the-mud hypotheses.
Someone's water broke and I suspect the same people now clambering to sacrifice our own judiciary at the altar of the Devil's Double.
I have no doubt that KDF will retain full command of its own troops under AMISOM though Somalis may now view us as being in the same basket.
But money doesn't come for free. Will the UN provide funding and allow us to set our own mandate and agenda? Ha!

Back to top Go down

Information drought may help A.S propaganda

Post  Al Bashir on Tue Dec 13 2011, 06:29

With the new OLN front-line expanding into cyberspace, lets hope it does not turn into a circus. Dwelling on seemingly minor issues might derail our message. This talk of bras and donkeys has already dominated media coverage and obscured whatever point DOD is trying to put across. The Major should be more prudent with his tweets. If not careful A.S might up-stage us and we may find ourselves on the receiving end, responding to ridiculous baseless tweeter claims.

Propagada has always been a part of war since time immemorial but the current information drought is doing the KDF a great disservice. Whatever happened to the embedded journalists, the daily updates and front line footage?? At the moment it almost seems as if we are toe to toe with the rag-tag A.S. This should not be happening! The world should know that barring a few technical issues that we need to sort out, we have A.S on the ropes and ready to deal them the death blow. Instead it seems like A.S is still in control and we are merely trying to get our footing. The realities of KDF's achievements on the ground are not being "felt"/recognized. With the weekly DOD briefing as the only source of info, many are starting to question their veracity and are willing to give the A.S tweets an ear. A weekly update is not enough. The excerpt below shows how easily the A.S could gain credibility in the cyber-mongering, lucky for us they are still lying mongrels.

"Analysts say if Al-Shabab tweets timely, accurate information about events it may force more
disclosure from Kenyan and African Union military authorities. But Al-Shabab has already
allegedly exaggerated the numbers of wounded civilians and its military victories."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/12/kenya-army-somali-militia-swap-twitter-insults/?page=1

Al Bashir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vince on Tue Dec 13 2011, 07:53

I have no doubt that KDF at this point would be wrapping the OLN. However, the politics involved over balkanization of Somalia has caused the ‘stuck in the mud’. The double face of Sharif Ahmed TGF boss has brought this slow advance and of course the powers that be with various interests. Sharif simple say that is weighty at the moment stemming from the fact that he could decide to do his own re-hatting into Alshabab scattering the only reason AMISOM and KDF are in Somalia. IF KDF invasion would make him abandon the TFG wagon then it’s counterproductive. However, a year from now things will be different politically in Somalia. I think that the region –Sharif included- had underestimated KDF’s ability and when they woke up from self-indulged stupor that KDF was not just any rag tag, but a force that would change forever the long standing status quo in a month, something had to give in.

vince

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Dec 13 2011, 11:12

Official poll results on OLN page:
Total Votes cast: 24
yes they should be 29% cast [ 7 ]

they is no need lets keep posting at the KDF page 62% cast [ 15 ]

I am not sure let others decide 8% cast [2]

As my capacity as the admin I declare the topic “they is no need lets keep posting at the KDF page” as the favorite direction by the members.
Admin
Enjoy blogging

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://eastafrican.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane on Tue Dec 13 2011, 11:48

@ Admin careful with election results. Kenyans have a habit
of killing each other after election results.
Keep an ear on the ground, incase any thing crops up we know how to pacify
them.
cheers good job
Crane

Flying Crane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Tue Dec 13 2011, 12:58

@crane wacha zako bwana….. those Marines hunting for Kony have a secondary agenda too

@ Nkarei the ole man looks very fatigued man.????

@jasiri “KIBOKO YAO” by
the Puma squadron was the performance of the day. I Will post you some Cat clips for your sake
and other disappointed on the flight past.

@Vince the verger ,countersniper fellow bloggers my following post has that
expounded answers. Read between the line if needed……r

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 13 2011, 13:14

Flying Crane wrote:@ Admin careful with election results. Kenyans have a habit
of killing each other after election results.
Keep an ear on the ground, incase any thing crops up we know how to pacify
them.
cheers good job
Crane

Hehehe! You are a niggardly bird, Crane. But, damn, you are consistent. No use getting all twisted by your humor though!

Ati Kenyans have a habit of killing each other?

How many Ugandans have Ugandans slaughtered in the past thirty years?

Even taking one period of Id Amin alone, and only in the Loweero Triangle alone?

How about the Massacres in Ancholi-land purportedly in pursuit of Joseph Kony?

And the earlier one of that ''prophetess'' woman?

Twice the number of Kenya's PEV death Count in Uturi Congo directly from Ugandan blood-lust, no?

Ain't there serious on-going Uganda Government-sanctioned killings in Western Uganda for the past 15years?

Which part of Uganda is not soiled with Ugandan Blood spilled by Ugandans themselves?

Second to the Congo, Uganda has the largest Civilian deaths not resultant from external aggression anywhere in Africa!! Mindless senseless slaughter, very much in line with your tribal historical background before the advent of the Europeans when slaughtering (and for some ugandan tribes, eating) your neighbor was a Ugandan trait.

Ati Kenyans have a habit of killing each other?!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Tue Dec 13 2011, 13:39

No the operation hasn’t come to a stroll and yes it is
costing the country , remember our weapons are Tagged in USD. They are minimum
base amounts in all armory that shouldn’t
be reached but that has been reached yet. So relax guys

The operation is on a necessary window break at this
junction and is serving two purpose of ironing out deference in opinions by GoK and president sheik sheriff and re strategies on the war. the Somalia President Sheik Sharif seems very unstable. The sheik has become a bit shaky and its best at this point that “we
don’t take chances with our boys beside some, not his entire, trusted
lieutenants”, Intel puts it. Let’s be carefully with the last kicks of this dying ASS.
SHAKE has become shaky and is
ready to shake out the OLN ops to mass casualties
in order to shake the will of the Kenyans on the OLN if he sniffs that word that he will be shaked out of his sheikdom throne as the end result
of OLN. Sawa sawa ?are we together ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharif_Sheikh_Ahmed#Operation_Linda_Nchi

lets remember that the he was once a part of Islamic Courts
Union and he personally know the enemy .his loose talks shouldn’t be taken
lightly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Courts_Union.
the Shaking sheik is so shaken that he avoids Kenyan bush companion for fear of a Savimbi or
garang exit .

the shake wants the are captured KDF area handed over to
AMISOM brigades for policing. He talked to M7 on it and M7 is ready to do that.
Is that what you boys want? we take over Kisimaayo, Afmadow and other towns that Spartan says he never heard
of , handed them over to the current AMISOM brigades?? No need for polls on the
answer ….. will join AMISOM if that what it takes

The new strategy involves joining the AMISOM.

I know most bloggers distaste that from what they have
witnessed by the current AMISOM Brigade and as patriots they would love the
Kenya victory to be credit to the KDF and no force other then that. We
understand you but that’s the best way forward here onwards other than retreating

As Col. Nkarei explained
earlier being in the AMISOM doesn’t mean that we would be getting firing/attacking
orders/plans from the current HQ holder of AMISOM. Somalia will be sub divided into peacekeeping
sectors just like any other peacekeeping/enforcing mission and every Brigade
will be responsible for of his sector.
A similar example Liberia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Mission_in_Liberia#Peacekeeping_Force .

What sector will KDF
get??? I think you know the answer. Why not
have a sector with a code name call sign “Jubaland” or “Azania”. What the “shake” fears will come in a legal
binding document with an end result favoring GOK. You guys have seen the strategy
provided by KDF unmatched to any neighbor who conducted ops in that region. we can restart the ops again from scratch and
end up with similar desired out comes hands down.

Oooh and the SHAKE wants those areas captured under AMISOM. Well
we will have the AMISOM mandate with us. what else is there? Compensation on
weaponry and demise footed by AMISON. Soldier salary USD1000 plus he regular
KDF pay cheques.

Our politicians are working on the membership’s passage and
its going to be one of a kind; Providing a peacekeeping/ peace enforcing to an
immediate neighbor.
it hasn’t happened on
any UN or AU peace mission ever anywhere. Why now ? and today for the KDF?? These
are the question you guys should be asking yourself. Jubaland
under AU flag manned by KDF what’s the difference . the end results will
justify the means , guys.

Don’t you Bloggers
forget we have the most conniving politicians in the region and Africa as a whole.

Blessed holidays

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Tue Dec 13 2011, 16:07

Don’t you Bloggers
forget we have the most conniving politicians in the region and Africa as a whole.

Hehehehe Roger that bullet man, esp this one flag hatted man i like his scheeming. Nuff said of politics. So basically the reason for re hatting the KDF in Som is to keep the sheikf's rump anesthetised? i like this one.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

major laibuta thinks OLF has or is heading for failure.

Post  countersniper on Tue Dec 13 2011, 21:43

so what do you guys think..? i think i like what rtd major laibuta s saying here.
KDF should have finished the job before slowing down.

http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Reasons+for+delays+in+war+against+terror+/-/440808/1287864/-/7r25nqz/-/index.html

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 14 2011, 00:31

[quote="countersniper"]so what do you guys think..? i think i like what rtd major laibuta s saying here.
KDF should have finished the job before slowing down.

There is a heck of maneno that is not in the public dormain which negates that preposition. Second-guessing military strategy is never good during execution of it, which is what a lot of you are doing, for this simple fact that if too much of the germane info about the strategy are that well known as to generate intelligent second-guessing, the strategy is without secure rigidity and therefore useless. In any case, if Kenya is going to be doing everybody else but the AS a big favor by cleaning the AS outta Somalia, damn it then, shouldn't ''everyone else'' then be paying for this? A muscular dash for Afmadow and Kismayo, and then what? Will this sector hold without the rest of Somalia in tandem? Even tactically, any strategy that sees this KDF/OLN in shades of ''a month and Afmadow / Kismayo'' is seriously in need of some re-education.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 14 2011, 01:31

There are no USMC in Uganda. USMC is not special ops ...100 troops sounds to me like Delta boys or maybe SEALs. Now away from UG why has this operation in Somalia come to a screeching halt?

Back to top Go down

Post  SS Jamuhuri on Wed Dec 14 2011, 08:42

I think we are all jumping before the cart.. i think everyone is really anxious about the military strategy used by the KDF on Somali incursion.. its best if we just know the little that we do for now and now the nitty gritty stuff after the op to avoid compromising our troops.. however, i do think that we should all provide an opinion about what is taking place and try to anticipate the moves to come up...

SS Jamuhuri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Wed Dec 14 2011, 11:40

USMC Ice Soldier wrote:.......... Now away from UG why has this operation in Somalia come to a screeching halt?

seriously USMC Which part of the above two communiqué by Nkarei and risasi didn’t
you understand?? Question Question

God gracious Me

mJESHI mMOJA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane on Wed Dec 14 2011, 12:12

@Nkarei you know being the Masai warrior that you are Twisted Evil you might start chasing people around with spears and clubs for voting the other way. so for safety seek lets all be alert after the poll results......

anyway you know that my posting justify your desk man. i am making sure that you don,t get over paid ....... Very Happy. once those KDf general see what you post on behave of the KDF then am sure a second stone on your shoulder isn,t that far away. hii yetu is just sibling rivalry cheers buddy

Flying Crane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  one man army on Wed Dec 14 2011, 14:47

http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2011/12/13/ba-APTOPIX_Somal_0504731445.jpg

Kenya army in Ras Kamdoni drinks from hydration pack as he mans a machne gun..........

one man army

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:21

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top