Kenya Defence Force

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 08 2012, 14:08

With Tz expected to overtake Kenya in the next 7 - 10 years as the biggest economy in East Africa

I don't buy the idea that TZ will overtake Ke in 10 years. How will they do it? Link pls? Those guys wake up past 7 AM. In Nairobi at 3:00 AM people are delivering milk from nearby towns. Those guys have milked by that time and taken like 30 minutes to get to the hotel. I have heard tons of stories of Kenyans in TZ hotels and the hotel staff aren't available to serve you until after 9 AM! It may sound simplistic but that is what makes economies move. One recent one was by the founder of Devki Steel; he said they have tried setting up a steel factory in almost all EA countries but they end up closing down. The people there either don't learn fast, they have no drive or something. This includes Rwanda and Ug. The human resource aspect in the 'Kenyana region' is a big issue outside Ke. Most of the companies that set up shop outside ke have a core team comprising of Kenyans.

Personally I just find Tz guys too slow. I think UG guys are way aggressive compared to TZians. To grow an economy you need speed and efficiency. We are no there yet but we are somewhere. Then throw in v2030 and a good picture develops.
So TZ overtaking Ke in 7 yrs? No.

Last edited by rwigi on Wed Feb 08 2012, 14:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Wed Feb 08 2012, 14:47

Feels Great to be back to sunny NBO. A lot has happened while i was offline. Seems like the KDF has succeeded in obscuring its re-armament by hiding behind OLN. Very smart thing considering the noise that could have been made by the politicians who would be too glad to ask why considering the dire economic times we are in though i don't believe themselves ever are. Lots of the KDF divisions have been beefed up much to the surprise of many, the special Ops, air calvary, Amoured corps, Airforce fighter squadrons, air defence and now the navy. Only one very important division i have not heard any news about them though they direly need an upgrade. The Air transport division! are there any plans to acquire a heavy lift aircraft? the current fleet of DHC-5s are good STOL crafts but their cargo haul is very limited. for instance it can only airlift 42 drums of JET A-1 compared to 76 for AN-12 or Lockheeds C-130 for a round trip of the same distance not withstanding other factors. Surely there must be something in the cooking with all this talk about Kenyana!

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA on Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:09

rwigi wrote:
With Tz expected to overtake Kenya in the next 7 - 10 years as the biggest economy in East Africa

I don't buy the idea that TZ will overtake Ke in 10 years. How will they do it? Link pls? Those guys wake up past 7 AM. In Nairobi at 3:00 AM people are delivering milk from nearby towns. Those guys have milked by that time and taken like 30 minutes to get to the hotel. I have heard tons of stories of Kenyans in TZ hotels and the hotel staff aren't available to serve you until after 9 AM! It may sound simplistic but that is what makes economies move. One recent one was by the founder of Devki Steel; he said they have tried setting up a steel factory in almost all EA countries but they end up closing down. The people there either don't learn fast, they have no drive or something. This includes Rwanda and Ug. The human resource aspect in the 'Kenyana region' is a big issue outside Ke. Most of the companies that set up shop outside ke have a core team comprising of Kenyans.

Personally I just find Tz guys too slow. I think UG guys are way aggressive compared to TZians. To grow an economy you need speed and efficiency. We are no there yet but we are somewhere. Then throw in v2030 and a good picture develops.
So TZ overtaking Ke in 7 yrs? No.
I also find the very idea laughable! HAHAHHA! Only if Kenya stops for 20 years and TZ somehow grows doubles their growth rate. They're on the wrong track of IMF mandated neoliberalism which they need to reject before making any REAL growth. I read somewhere the gold mining companies have made a 1bn $ + profit the past decade with the gov't taking less than a 100 mn $ in royalties.
I've also been looking at the MI 28;my,my,my!:
The main rotor is specifically
designed to match heavy odds, it can with stand mulltiple
hits form 30mm rounds.

The Mi-28
has a armour plated cockpit and body the armour plating
also includes the wind sheild. The armour used in the Mi-28
is very effective and can protect the crew against any
type of ground based as well as air-to-air automatic fire.
The armour is to reliabe that it can withstand direct
hits form 12.7 mm rounds.
T
http://www.totalairdominance.50megs.com/Helicopters/Mi-28.htm
Since its being assembled here we'll know the truth soon enough.
The Ka-52 has enhanced survivability thanks to armor plating that can
withstand 23mm rounds and ejection seats.
The rotors are blown off by a
special system before the pilots are ejected. It
http://russianmilitaryphotos.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/new-photos-of-t
Nedstarkshead said Russians often overstate the capabilities of their equipment. Anyone want to bet?
Finally,the kns jasiri comes home! That whole story should be subtitled; The Blatant Arseholery of Brit Agents in Kenya.

MWAURA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:25

Spartan wrote:Give me one empire or country that grew its territories without economic and military might. With Tz expected to overtake Kenya in the next 7 - 10 years as the biggest economy in East Africa, you might want to temper your optimism, bro.

While am all for integration, I just find Kenyana wildly imaginary even hypothetically speaking.

Tz overtaking Kenya in 7-10 years? Where do you leave UG with all her oil resources. Aren't they going to come up too? What if Kenya strikes oil as is likely to be the case? I highly doubt if Tz will come any close to Kenya. My bet is perhaps in UG. They are not only aggressive, but willing to try things as well. Tz despite her massive natural resources has continued to remain behind with no will to improve. I don't see this changing in the near future unless they drastically overhaul their approach and attitude towards things and stop lamenting that Kenya is out to steal from them.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:32

Sierra Kilo wrote:Feels Great to be back to sunny NBO. A lot has happened while i was offline. Seems like the KDF has succeeded in obscuring its re-armament by hiding behind OLN. Very smart thing considering the noise that could have been made by the politicians who would be too glad to ask why considering the dire economic times we are in though i don't believe themselves ever are. Lots of the KDF divisions have been beefed up much to the surprise of many, the special Ops, air calvary, Amoured corps, Airforce fighter squadrons, air defence and now the navy. Only one very important division i have not heard any news about them though they direly need an upgrade. diThe Air transport vision! are there any plans to acquire a heavy lift aircraft? the current fleet of DHC-5s are good STOL crafts but their cargo haul is very limited. for instance it can only airlift 42 drums of JET A-1 compared to 76 for AN-12 or Lockheeds C-130 for a round trip of the same distance not withstanding other factors. Surely there must be something in the cooking with all this talk about Kenyana!

There has been talk of the CASA CN-235 which i think is great. This is even shown in Wikipedia (Kenya Airforce section), though i don't think it has been acquired.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

KDF navy ship from spain

Post  countersniper on Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:33

one man army wrote:good to be back guys.Kenya navy ship jasiri on the way.The most advanced warship yet!
@one man army
i disagree that the kdf naval vessel coming from Spain s the most advanced yet
the reason being that this ship though very expensive because of dubious deals done by major general Mwathethe, the ship has no weapons systems on board at all.NOTHING.YOU CAN SEE even on the pictures no forward deck gun at all.. .a basic thing on a naval vessel.
http://www.triton.co.za/triton-featured-projects/jasiri-1.jpg
so this ship does not add anything of value to kdf current naval defensive or offensive capabilities.
it is just designed as an oceanographer..mainly for mapping and exploratory purposes.
Kenya is hoping to use the ship to map out and police the larger expanded economic exclusion zone that kenya government is claiming from the Indian ocean.
here is a copy of the original contract entered by murungaru,mwiraria,kyungu..and others total costs more than 4billion.
http://www.marsgroupkenya.org/pdfs/june_07/Kenya_Navy_Jasiri_Mombasa.pdf
IN OTHER WORDS it is just an exotic fishing vessel...which has coasted more than twice the next two best armed Kenyan vessels combined.it is a scandal and a shame.

Last edited by countersniper on Wed Feb 08 2012, 16:02; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to provide links)

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:35

Hypothetical is the magic word here, Spartan.
Had to drag Tz into your Kenya antipathy, did you? What, with it being clear that Uganda is destined to ebb in Kenya's slipstream eternally. Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. More so than surprised.
Look, we can call it Ugandana, OK? Happy?
Spartan wrote:Give me one empire or country that grew its territories without economic and military might. With Tz expected to overtake Kenya in the next 7 - 10 years as the biggest economy in East Africa, you might want to temper your optimism, bro.

While am all for integration, I just find Kenyana wildly imaginary even hypothetically speaking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:52

Olekoima wrote:There has been talk of the CASA CN-235 which i think is great. This is even shown in Wikipedia (Kenya Airforce section), though i don't think it has been acquired.

@Olekoima CASA CN-235 is a good craft, quite modern avionics and airframe but would it not be like acquiring another DHC-5 or Dash-8, probable of the same capacity. The endurance of the frontline troops in far off areas is usually complimented by quick and regular re-supply which is easier with a robust Air Transport Corps. I think KDF is lagging behind on this sector compared to its peers

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vince on Wed Feb 08 2012, 15:56

The Kenyanna topic is quite a healthy debate. i was going through these pages looking for a link Vitruvian had posted sometime back of an article in the East African newspaper by one Charles Onyango-obbo. I have the 'hard copy' dated Dec 19-25, 2011. He outlines the various scenarios of power shifts by 2050 based on Democracy, water resources, minerals, tech power and military might. The only major mover for TZ would only be based on Water Power. in other aspects am afraid TZ doesnt feature much. So 7-10 yrs is just a wild guess based on imaginary wishes.

@Vitruvian, are you able to fish out this article?

vince

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oil In Kenya

Post  Nesta on Wed Feb 08 2012, 16:07

Could someone please tell me about the real story of oil in Kenya? A university lecturer at UoN, i'm told, used to tell his students that every time oil deposits are discovered, the Military goes over and takes this land. Is there some truth in this?

Nesta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili on Wed Feb 08 2012, 16:18

Kenya's is the yardstick by which they measure success in their homeland. Their goal is to be better than Kenya. So excuse Spartan's habitual repugnance for all things Kenyan, he is a closeted adoring fan.

mekatilili

View user profile http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 08 2012, 17:12

Perhaps this: http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/-/2558/1291160/-/ngqlltz/-/index.html

vince wrote:The Kenyanna topic is quite a healthy debate. i was going through these pages looking for a link Vitruvian had posted sometime back of an article in the East African newspaper by one Charles Onyango-obbo. I have the 'hard copy' dated Dec 19-25, 2011. He outlines the various scenarios of power shifts by 2050 based on Democracy, water resources, minerals, tech power and military might. The only major mover for TZ would only be based on Water Power. in other aspects am afraid TZ doesnt feature much. So 7-10 yrs is just a wild guess based on imaginary wishes.

@Vitruvian, are you able to fish out this article?

Back to top Go down

Uchukuzi....

Post  Mbaine on Wed Feb 08 2012, 17:48

I think that the fact that we have more teeth in the air is not just a welcome development but highly overdue. Why go for for the CASA 235 as opposed to the 295? Cost not withstanding it does seem to have more value for money at USD 24-35 million compared to the 235 @
USD 22-30 million per unit.

http://air-attack.com/page/84/C-295CN235.html

http://air-attack.com/specs/84/C-295CN235.html

Mbaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 08 2012, 18:02

Bitange Ndemo said they want to create 10 more technology cities after 'Konza Technology City' . That will be in line with;

SCENARIO 4: THE TECHNOLOGY POWERS
Despite lack of natural resources, a country can
rise to power through innovation and becoming a leader in science and
industry (as Japan teaches us). In East Africa today, the two nations
investing heavily in technology innovation are Kenya and Rwanda. Kenya
is now dubbed “the Silicon Savannah”.

Rwanda is also investing in IT education, and
public health care like no other East African nation. Kenya’s private
sector medical industry is years ahead of its peers. Kenya’s innovative
capacity is ranked an impressive 52nd globally [third in Africa after
Tunisia at 49th and South Africa at 51st], with high company spending on
R&D and good scientific research institutions that collaborate well
with the business sector in research activities (Global Competitiveness
Report 2011/12, Word Economic Forum). The Global Competitiveness Report
also showed Kenya with the second highest number of utility patents
(i.e. patents for innovation) granted in sub-Saharan Africa, and fifth
in Africa if you include Tunisia, Egypt and Algeria, at 0.02 patents per
million of the population, which translates into 800,000 patents.

Kenyan operator Safaricom became the first-ever
telecom company to create a mass mobile-banking service, setting
industry standards now being copied from California to Kabul. By May of
this year, Ushahidi, a crowd-sourcing platform developed in Nairobi in
early 2008, which is free to download, had been used 14,000 times in 128
countries to map everything from last year’s earthquake in Haiti to
this year’s Japanese tsunami and the Arab Spring.

If technology, innovation and the development of
the health industry are the future, then Kenya and Rwanda will chew up
Uganda, and Rwanda will gobble up Burundi and a large swathe of eastern
DRC. A large part of Tanzania, and South Sudan would become Kenya
territory.

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/-/2558/1291160/-/ngqlltz/-/index.html

Things can only get thicker!

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Wed Feb 08 2012, 18:14

Sierra Kilo wrote:Feels Great to be back to sunny NBO. A lot has happened while i was offline. Seems like the KDF has succeeded in obscuring its re-armament by hiding behind OLN. Very smart thing considering the noise that could have been made by the politicians who would be too glad to ask why considering the dire economic times we are in though i don't believe themselves ever are. Lots of the KDF divisions have been beefed up much to the surprise of many, the special Ops, air calvary, Amoured corps, Airforce fighter squadrons, air defence and now the navy. Only one very important division i have not heard any news about them though they direly need an upgrade. The Air transport division! are there any plans to acquire a heavy lift aircraft? the current fleet of DHC-5s are good STOL crafts but their cargo haul is very limited. for instance it can only airlift 42 drums of JET A-1 compared to 76 for AN-12 or Lockheeds C-130 for a round trip of the same distance not withstanding other factors. Surely there must be something in the cooking with all this talk about Kenyana!

Yes this make a lot of sense. Acquire as much under the guise of OLN and away from the prying eyes of politicians, activists and NGOs. Make hay while the sun still shines.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Wed Feb 08 2012, 18:17

countersniper wrote:
one man army wrote:good to be back guys.Kenya navy ship jasiri on the way.The most advanced warship yet!
@one man army
the reason being that this ship though very expensive because of dubious deals done by major general Mwathethe, the ship has no weapons systems on board at all.NOTHING.YOU CAN SEE even on the pictures no forward deck gun at all.. .a basic thing on a naval vessel.
so this ship does not add anything of value to kdf current naval defensive or offensive capabilities.
it is just designed as an oceanographer..mainly for mapping and exploratory purposes.
Kenya is hoping to use the ship to map out and police the larger expanded economic exclusion zone that kenya government is claiming from the Indian ocean.
here is a copy of the original contract entered by murungaru,mwiraria,kyungu..and others total costs more than 4billion.
IN OTHER WORDS it is just an exotic fishing vessel...which has coasted more than twice the next two best armed Kenyan vessels combined.it is a scandal and a shame.

I don't think it is as bad as you put it countersniper.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Wed Feb 08 2012, 18:19

AzKahia wrote:I think that the fact that we have more teeth in the air is not just a welcome development but highly overdue. Why go for for the CASA 235 as opposed to the 295? Cost not withstanding it does seem to have more value for money at USD 24-35 million compared to the 235 @
USD 22-30 million per unit.

http://air-attack.com/page/84/C-295CN235.html

[url=http://air-attack.com/specs/84/C-295CN235.html
http://air-attack.com/specs/84/C-295CN235.html[/quote[/url]]

Well, i agree. I think it should be the CASA-295.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 08 2012, 18:40

Sierra Kilo wrote:

Enjoy your R & R Sierra Kilo, as long as it last. Be there too soon I hope. Now, don't go shouting from the Tree-tops about this, you might get the wolves turning this way, man!! See, we got the busy-body NGO shouting hoarse about ICC that they see nothing else, and the Brits seem to have redirected from Kenya Regime-Change to expansive economic possibilities in a pacified Somalia - they want a piece of it too. So, now is as good a time as any to get some Clothes on KDF, eh? And it isn't that the Air Transport has been neglected, but that there is just so many cows and goats to sell, and we must do this from a priority-listing. The immediate thing was to re-define front-line groups away from large-standing formations, together with whatever else would keep these groups active and effective. Soon enough you will see some movement on Air-Transport too - how about the sweet smell of some hand-me-downs C-130s from Israel hot already!!).

@Azkahia -The CASA 235 / 295 was an purchase-probe, doubtful it getting into field-trials at this juncture.

@Nesta - no truth to that rumor, bro. What is true is that elaborate efforts by many arms of GoK have been expended over the years to mask the true position of Hydrocarbons in Kenya to avoid expected debilitating conflicts between disparate ethnic groupings over these natural resources - we needed first of all either a concrete social contract between us (constitutional) or greater integration which is a longer-term assumption.

@Mwaura - I note you have caught onto the essential differentiation the defines the combat roles of the Mi-28 and the KA52 - crew protection and equipment survive-ability. For the Matrix we envisage into the next five years or so, the KA52 is abit over the table. Probably later when the Oils is flowing from Juba to Lamu and points in between.

@Spartan - it is this audacity of Kenyans to imagine beyond what you call glamorous is probably what sets Kenyans apart in this Kenyana. But call it Ugandana, Congo, Kenyana, whatever, as long as we all recognise this is the field we must all live and survive in as one fist in this increasingly hostile world.

See you'all soon!!

Back to top Go down

kdf jasiri mombasa is just a floating reseaech vessel with no weapons systems

Post  countersniper on Wed Feb 08 2012, 19:11

Olekoima wrote:
countersniper wrote:
@one man army

I don't think it is as bad as you put it countersniper.

bwana kioma
i have done my checks..that ship was built with no weapons systems like missiles or guns in in cooperated in the original design.
Major general mwathethe who was the original liaison officer on the ground in Spain when the ship was being built owes Kenyans an explanation...the rumor on the ground is he made a lot of money on this deal.

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Wed Feb 08 2012, 21:00

ole Nkarei wrote: Soon enough you will see some movement on Air-Transport too - how about the sweet smell of some hand-me-downs C-130s from Israel hot already!!).

@ON a couple of C-130s would be brill choice. about the sleeping dawgs let them continue with their slumber:)

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst on Wed Feb 08 2012, 23:20

Let me be annoying as i can.....

am i reading something akin accepting that KDF 50ACB has MI-28's, while other divisions are now heavily armed and well equipped and OLN guise?!!!

Siera Kilo points out major re-arming at almost every diVision of the KDF.

OleKoima goes ahead and accepts distantly and cautiously.

So the BS at SIN was all real S?

????

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 09 2012, 01:41

Analyst wrote:Let me be annoying as i can.....

????

Come on, Analyst, a dedicated web-surfer with some fair analytic abilities will join the dotted lines with ease -procuring this sort of hardware leaves some trail. The point has been made that SIN is a usable site, but it sure ain't Moses writing the Bible, if you know what I mean!

Let's move on buddy! Smile

@ Countersniper - the KNS Jasiri is a completely outfitted Fighting Vessel. Not sure where you heard otherwise, man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst on Thu Feb 09 2012, 07:02

ole Nkarei wrote:

????

Come on, Analyst, a dedicated web-surfer with some fair analytic abilities will join the dotted lines with ease -procuring this sort of hardware leaves some trail. The point has been made that SIN is a usable site, but it sure ain't Moses writing the Bible, if you know what I mean!

@ Countersniper - the KNS Jasiri is a completely outfitted Fighting Vessel. Not sure where you heard otherwise, man.

ole Nkarei

Especially when experts and army men like you admit 'cautiously'...those are the real dotted lines

Thanks man...

Now TZ overtaking Kenya?...it's an overzealous enthusiast and patriot of TZ who has become envious of Kenya...oh!! how hey fight each other at Nipate forum.

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

STAR Confirms MI-18 Gunship attack helicopters, BDRM's, and F-15'S

Post  Analyst on Thu Feb 09 2012, 09:46

Hard copy of the Star finally confirms that KDF has the MI-18 Attack helicopters and the BDRM reconnaissance vehicles.

Star quotes KDF officials and also quotes Strategic Intelligence News, our nemesis.

The Star also tells away about the possible acquisition of the F-15 fighter aircraft's for the KDF airforce..

The star quotes senior KDF officials as its sources of the story.

SIN committed no SIN......He is forgiven i assume and hopefully respected as a source of reliable intelligence news...

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 09 2012, 09:47

Here we go! The cake that is Somalia and who will eat it.
(http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Somalia+seems+ripe+for+the+picking/-/440808/1322912/-/bairckz/-/index.html)

Analyst, KDF rearmament is s topic we've been discussing since 2010, earlier even, on this forum and others (see here, here, here and elsewhere). You do not know this as you joined the party late.
So, please stop shoving SIN down our throats, some of us are beginning to choke. Make your own analyses, Analyst, don't regurgitate what has been recycled already.

Analyst wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:

????

ole Nkarei

Especially when experts and army men like you admit 'cautiously'...those are the real dotted lines

Thanks man...

Now TZ overtaking Kenya?...it's an overzealous enthusiast and patriot of TZ who has become envious of Kenya...oh!! how hey fight each other at Nipate forum.

Last edited by Vitruvian on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:31; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:08

Analyst wrote:Hard copy of the Star finally confirms that KDF has the MI-18 Attack helicopters and the BDRM reconnaissance vehicles.

Star quotes KDF officials and also quotes Strategic Intelligence News, our nemesis.

The Star also tells away about the possible acquisition of the F-15 fighter aircraft's for the KDF airforce..

SIN committed no SIN......He is forgiven i assume and hopefully respected as a source of reliable intelligence news...

Hey Analyst, why don't you just post a link of the Star as well?

Last edited by Olekoima on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:52; edited 1 time in total

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:14

Olekoima wrote:Tz overtaking Kenya in 7-10 years? Where do you leave UG with all her oil resources. Aren't they going to come up too? What if Kenya strikes oil as is likely to be the case? I highly doubt if Tz will come any close to Kenya. My bet is perhaps in UG. They are not only aggressive, but willing to try things as well. Tz despite her massive natural resources has continued to remain behind with no will to improve. I don't see this changing in the near future unless they drastically overhaul their approach and attitude towards things and stop lamenting that Kenya is out to steal from them.

Sorry for alarming some of you with the 7 - 10 year projection. I think it was 2030 or thereabouts, it's in this article;

http://thecitizen.co.tz/news/4-national-news/17054-tz-economy-to-surpass-kenya-forecast-shows.html

For y'all new forum members, I am Ugandan. We have no issues with Kenyans. The Kenyans who've been to Uganda usually like the welcome we give them (and the Matooke, I must add). Actually, I would rather the likes of UCHUMI and TUSKY dotted Uganda than, say Shoprite or McDonald's that repatriate their profits thousands of miles from Uganda.

That said, Uganda's oil is too little to change the dynamics of the region. Granted, the Tanzanians are slow and at times xenophobic, but they stand the best chance to compete for economic bragging rights.

The term 'bigger economy' is just that, a term. Sudan's economy before the secession of the South was at $60bn compared to Kenya's $32bn and Uganda's $17bn. The biggest percentage of these figures is oil infrastructure (Refineries, pipelines etc). But is life in Sudan better than in Uganda or Kenya? Therefore as long as investors bring mining infrastructure to Tz, their economy will continue to grow.

I don't know about you, but I believe what's good for Kenya, or Tanzania for that matter, is good for Ug.

@ Vitruvian, the SIN site, I don't take it very seriously. Usually such sites are meant for Western consumption. This is what usually happens: A western writer or journalist decides that the best way to climb or be taken seriously is by writing from areas where the west has little knowledge, say Africa. He spews a lot of gabaage that is taken in hook, line and sinker by western readers. I am sure in his credentials you'll find "Expert on African Military and Intelligence Matter" with links to SIN for the doubters. Just let him be.

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nesta on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:40

Spartan wrote:

Sorry for alarming some of you with the 7 - 10 year projection. I think it was 2030 or thereabouts, it's in this article;

For y'all new forum members, I am Ugandan. We have no issues with Kenyans. The Kenyans who've been to Uganda usually like the welcome we give them (and the Matooke, I must add). Actually, I would rather the likes of UCHUMI and TUSKY dotted Uganda than, say Shoprite or McDonald's that repatriate their profits thousands of miles from Uganda.

That said, Uganda's oil is too little to change the dynamics of the region. Granted, the Tanzanians are slow and at times xenophobic, but they stand the best chance to compete for economic bragging rights.

The term 'bigger economy' is just that, a term. Sudan's economy before the secession of the South was at $60bn compared to Kenya's $32bn and Uganda's $17bn. The biggest percentage of these figures is oil infrastructure (Refineries, pipelines etc). But is life in Sudan better than in Uganda or Kenya? Therefore as long as investors bring mining infrastructure to Tz, their economy will continue to grow.

I don't know about you, but I believe what's good for Kenya, or Tanzania for that matter, is good for Ug.

I really long for the day that EA will become 1 nation. I know all the countries in EA can work towards that, except TZ. Can you imagine the kind of force that we shall become. And what if we throw in DRC? Just daydreaming.

Nesta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

From the Horse's Mouth

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:42

But a leading local entrepreneur, Mr Ali Mufuruki of Infotech group,
warned that double digit economic growth is not going to happen simply
because people wish it. “We need to work hard, very hard and most
importantly, we would require a very strong leadership,” he said when
responding to Mr Zitto’s comments online.

He noted that
implementation of Kenya’s Vision 2030, which was already underway, shows
that the country might exceed their own very ambitious expectations.

“If
you go to Kenya today and see the amounts and quality of works being
rolled out be it in IT (information technology) infrastructure, roads,
ports, airports, industrial parks, tourism infrastructure, shopping
malls, horticulture, large scale farming, commodities and securities
markets, human resource, etc, you will understand that theirs is not
just a story or rhetoric as is commonly the case with us. They will
attain the 10 per cent GDP growth long before we up ours to 7seven,” he
stated adding
:

http://thecitizen.co.tz/news/4-national-news/17054-tz-economy-to-surpass-kenya-forecast-shows.html

Last edited by rwigi on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:46; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : emphasis)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:54

Analyst wrote:Hard copy of the Star finally confirms that KDF has the MI-18 Attack helicopters and the BDRM reconnaissance vehicles.

Come on, Analyst! You seriously suggest newspaper reports as credible source of Intel? From some bored desk-riding scribe that scrolls through sites such as this to glean material to look hot with his Editor? All that stuff on Star has been discussed to death here and there for months - nothing new there! Spartan, Vitruvian so much as point out to you, bro. And quoting SIN or some unknown ''KDF officials'' does not buy credibility with anyone but the most gullible civilian! For an Analyst of your obvious calibre, I cannot credit to you this position you are pushing, mate!! I repeat - SIN is a usable site but it certainly is not Moses writing the Bible. Lets move on!!

Nesta - the Kenyana Concept may take decades to completely integrate National Pyches of the region. Lets be happy with first a shared Security Shield, Open economic and demographic borders, singular political voice internationally, etc. I think Spartan is dead right the way he captures this gist.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:53

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top