REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  mogen on Sun Aug 26 2012, 15:35

Spartan wrote:The Tabernacle Choir from St. Stephens Cathedral Kisumu are in Kampala. Never seen anyone sing so well in Kiswahili. And when they sang in Luo, which many Ugandans understand... Wow!. We were privileged to have them.

My apologies for bringing prayer issues here...It was as real an EastAfrican/Kenyana moment as they come. The main celebrant, also Kenyan, touched on aspects of Ugandan politics that no other ugandan preacher can, all in the church where the who is who in Ug politics goes.

He received a prolonged standing ovation when he was finished with us Laughing

@Sparta-man
Anything that serves to unite Eastern Africans is worthy sharing here. After all we agreed that there are no atheists inside the handaki (aka fox hole). Thanks bro.


Last edited by mogen on Mon Aug 27 2012, 02:18; edited 1 time in total

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Uganda airforce..now most advanced in eastern africa?

Post  countersniper on Sun Aug 26 2012, 18:44

http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Somalia+campaign+shows+regional+players+enhanced+air+power+/-/2558/1487094/-/item/0/-/7te5ltz/-/index.html

...from the east african article
Military might
According to information gathered by the Stockholm
International Peace Research Institute, a Swedish organisation that
handles conflict and co-operation for international peace and security,
as well as US government sources, over the past two decades, countries
in East and the Horn of Africa have been increasing their air power and
replacing their ageing fleets'
Others have also been reorganising their air forces
and training their pilots, buying new helicopters and jets as well as
installing modern air control systems.
AfricaGlobe.net reported in June that the US Africa
Command is likely to transfer aircraft with Intelligence Surveillance
Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities to various African countries, among
them Uganda, Burundi and Djibouti.

ISR uses radar, optical and passive electronic
sensors to gather intelligence. The deal is worth $51.5 million and with
it, Uganda could become a regional defence and security power with the
ability to spy on its neighbours.

Since the start of the 2000s, Uganda has bought one
ex-Belarussian mi-24V combat helicopter (2010), two Y-12 light
transporters from China (2008), three Mi-24P combat helicopters from
Russia that were modernised to Mi-24Pn before delivery (2004) and
ordered six Su-30MK FGA aircraft from Russia in a $635 million spending
spree, four of which were delivered last year.

countersniper

Posts : 527
Join date : 2011-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Spartan on Sun Aug 26 2012, 20:10

countersniper wrote:http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/Somalia+campaign+shows+regional+players+enhanced+air+power+/-/2558/1487094/-/item/0/-/7te5ltz/-/index.html

...from the east african article
Military might
According to information gathered by the Stockholm
International Peace Research Institute, a Swedish organisation that
handles conflict and co-operation for international peace and security,
as well as US government sources, over the past two decades, countries
in East and the Horn of Africa have been increasing their air power and
replacing their ageing fleets'
Others have also been reorganising their air forces
and training their pilots, buying new helicopters and jets as well as
installing modern air control systems.
AfricaGlobe.net reported in June that the US Africa
Command is likely to transfer aircraft with Intelligence Surveillance
Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities to various African countries, among
them Uganda, Burundi and Djibouti.

ISR uses radar, optical and passive electronic
sensors to gather intelligence. The deal is worth $51.5 million and with
it, Uganda could become a regional defence and security power with the
ability to spy on its neighbours.

Since the start of the 2000s, Uganda has bought one
ex-Belarussian mi-24V combat helicopter (2010), two Y-12 light
transporters from China (2008), three Mi-24P combat helicopters from
Russia that were modernised to Mi-24Pn before delivery (2004) and
ordered six Su-30MK FGA aircraft from Russia in a $635 million spending
spree, four of which were delivered last year.

There is more accuracy on this forum regarding the militaries of EA than in that article. One moment the author Nyambega Gisesa was writing about airforce strength in the region and in the magazine he was writing about the Taj Mahal in India...It pretty sums him up for you

Spartan

Posts : 567
Join date : 2011-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Olekoima on Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:19

He got a little bit mixed up too.

Olekoima

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 45
Location : Various

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Amani Peace Ops Training Village inaugurated

Post  MOOZALENDO on Tue Aug 28 2012, 10:32



Good things happening under our noses here but they have remained below the radar! Could the uniforms here comment please/

Very interesting...not at all bad. Kuna mengi mazuri kumbe cheers cheers !

Mooz.

MOOZALENDO

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  mogen on Wed Aug 29 2012, 08:31

MOOZALENDO wrote:

Good things happening under our noses here but they have remained below the radar! Could the uniforms here comment please/

Very interesting...not at all bad. Kuna mengi mazuri kumbe cheers cheers !

Mooz.

Where is that? Fafanua Bwana.

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Some more pics for you

Post  MOOZALENDO on Wed Aug 29 2012, 11:07

http://flic.kr/p/cQPsGw

http://flic.kr/p/cP5d77
Good things happening under our noses here but they have remained below the radar! Could the uniforms here comment please/

Very interesting...not at all bad. Kuna mengi mazuri kumbe cheers cheers !

Mooz.[/quote]

Where is that? Fafanua Bwana. [/quote]

@Mugen,

Hapa nyumbani tuuuu.

Some more pics for you...

Seems to me that there is a training Institute for uniforms going for peace keeping missions and it seems that it is managed by locals although they invite facilitators from wherever. I think it gives the training that cutting edge..http://flic.kr/p/cP5cxJ


Last edited by MOOZALENDO on Wed Aug 29 2012, 11:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mangled code...and image trouble.)

MOOZALENDO

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Somalia: Supreme Court controversially overrules selection committee’s ruling

Post  mogen on Thu Aug 30 2012, 10:21

Somalia: Supreme Court controversially overrules selection committee’s ruling on candidates
29 Aug 29, 2012 - 9:19:07 AM

MOGADISHU, Somalia Aug 29 2012 (Garowe Online) – Mogadishu’s Supreme Court has controversially overruled a decision by the Technical Selection Committee (TSC) to reject 15 candidates who were vying for parliament, Garowe Online reports.

The Supreme Court’s Judge Aydid Ilka Hanaf gave the ruling Tuesday night after two days of deliberations.

The ruling stated that the 15 candidates in question who were rejected by the TSC – the committee tasked to select parliamentarians based on criteria agreed upon by signatories – can now qualify to join parliament, according to the ruling.

Some of the candidates in question have participated in militia groups; some have even had leading roles in the militia groups.

Mohamad Ibrahim Habsade was a candidate who was rejected by the TSC. Mr. Habsade was a former rebel soldier and prominent member of the Rahanweyn Resistance Army.

The controversial ruling has sparked debate amongst Somalis who are now questioning if the 15 candidates will be instated into parliament following the ruling.

The decision to put the candidates on trial in a bid to clear the names was lobbied by the former President Sharif Sheikh Ahmed.

President Sharif implied earlier this month that the rejected candidates should be tried by court and announced on Sunday that they would be tried by the Supreme Court.

The TSC has yet to respond about the ruling by the Supreme Court.

As the Presidential elections draw closer after having successful elections for Speaker of Parliament, the remaining MPs who have not been sworn will be the topic of debate as Somalia attempts to end the transitional government.

http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_Supreme_Court_controversially_overrules_selection_committee_s_ruling_on_candidates.shtml

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

KABILA BUILDING MILLION-STRONG ARMY

Post  Spartan on Thu Aug 30 2012, 13:58

Unconfirmed reports say Kabila has ordered recruitment of a million soldiers and a modernisation of the FARDC. Hope he has also figured out why they defect soon after. At Bunagana 50 M23 rebels routed a full battalion of his men.

It has to be the Congolese psyche.

Spartan

Posts : 567
Join date : 2011-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

M7 slams Western military intervention in developing nations - Tehran NAM Conference

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 30 2012, 20:35

This is why I have always admired this man. His single-minded Africanese, without apology and without dilution. I entreat you all Kenyanas to read this speech with some attetion, tafadhali!!
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Museveni+slams+western+military+intervention+in+developing+world/-/688334/1490742/-/item/0/-/pn51k0z/-/index.html
Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen.

By 1900, the whole of Africa, except for Ethiopia, was under colonialism. India, Indonesia, Indo-China, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, the Middle East and the Caribbean were also under colonialism. China was a semi-colony being predated on by European imperialism.

The colonization of Africa was because of our internal weaknesses – small chiefdoms and kingdoms or segmentary societies. This was in spite of the fact that the entire continent of Africa, eleven million square miles of land area, is occupied by only four language groups:
• the Niger-Congo group of languages (including the Bantu dialects);
• the Nilo-Saharan (including the Cushitic languages like the Nubian and the Somali);
• the Afro-Asiatic languages (Arabic, Tigrinya and Amharic); and
• the small Khoisan languages of Southern Africa (the so-called bushmen).

Therefore, Africa is not as disparate as it is made out to be by the foreigners and the local traitors as well as reactionaries. Moreover, the four language groups have linkages among themselves. Nevertheless, political integration was limited and this is where the problem was. Africans are similar or linked but they were not governed together for much of the time. Trade, however, took place from the coast to the interior. It is this low level of political integration that enabled the colonialists to conquer Africa. This is why we, the pan-Africanists, work for African political and economic integration.

Read on, friends!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 30 2012, 20:46

Spartan wrote:Unconfirmed reports say Kabila has ordered recruitment of a million soldiers .
That will destabilize all of Kenyana and far beyond for years to come!! This Fratricidal Conflict in the Great Lakes must only be ended with a political solution that encompasses more than just the players in direct contact - all interested parties (except the perennial Western Political and Commercial saboteurs) must buy into whatever formula for peace that will be crafted.

An overly Militarised DRC without social and political Cohesion and and integrated governance is just not acceptable. We will not allow it, must not allow it!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mercenaries in Somalia: a threat to peace process

Post  mogen on Wed Sep 05 2012, 03:12

AMISOM and regional powers must craft an effective strategy to deal with the serious threat we face from South African mercenaries operating in Somalia in contravention of UNSC resolutions.

Click to Watch video clip or go to:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-04/australian-faces-somalian-arms-claims/4243132

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Mbaine on Thu Sep 06 2012, 11:01

mogen wrote:AMISOM and regional powers must craft an effective strategy to deal with the serious threat we face from South African mercenaries operating in Somalia in contravention of UNSC resolutions.

Click to Watch video clip or go to:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-04/australian-faces-somalian-arms-claims/4243132

Which Militia group were these guys training?

Mbaine

Posts : 41
Join date : 2011-10-21
Location : Kenya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  mogen on Thu Sep 06 2012, 11:18

AzKahia wrote:
mogen wrote:AMISOM and regional powers must craft an effective strategy to deal with the serious threat we face from South African mercenaries operating in Somalia in contravention of UNSC resolutions.

Click to Watch video clip or go to:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-04/australian-faces-somalian-arms-claims/4243132

Which Militia group were these guys training?

Puntland Security forces incl. the Puntland Marine Police Force -

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Somalia presidential elections put off indefinitely!!!!

Post  mogen on Fri Sep 07 2012, 10:14

Somalia presidential elections put off again, and this time, perhaps indefinitely.

Why? To allow enough time for lobbying and ...or what?

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Spartan on Fri Sep 07 2012, 10:27

I've spent the past few days following the Democratic National Convention - yes, it does matter here who becomes president of the US. One of the few disagreements at the convention was caused by the inclusion of references to Israel and Jerusalem as its capital. I was surprised that Israel would present such a divisive hot potato, but not for long.

Israel finally let in African immigrants, all three of them, after keeping them in the desert heat without water or food. And this included a pregnant woman. All countries have a right to deny unwanted persons entry and Israel is no exception. But here is the clincher, in Israel they are not called illegal immigrants, they are called INFILTRATORS. I don't wish to bias anyone, so I will paste the statements of the Israeli PM and the Interior Minister

"It is important that everyone understand that Israel is no longer a
destination for infiltrators," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"There are 300 million people in the Nile Valley all wanting to get here," Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai.

Gentlemen, the Nile Valley refers to Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan all the way to Egypt. 300 million people includes you, your grandmother, the MPs and the presidents of all the mentioned countries. Apparently, we are all dying to make it to Israel.

I wonder whether God is happy with the current crop of His Children in Israel. I aint.

Spartan

Posts : 567
Join date : 2011-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Olekoima on Fri Sep 07 2012, 12:54

Spartan wrote:I've spent the past few days following the Democratic National Convention - yes, it does matter here who becomes president of the US. One of the few disagreements at the convention was caused by the inclusion of references to Israel and Jerusalem as its capital. I was surprised that Israel would present such a divisive hot potato, but not for long.

Israel finally let in African immigrants, all three of them, after keeping them in the desert heat without water or food. And this included a pregnant woman. All countries have a right to deny unwanted persons entry and Israel is no exception. But here is the clincher, in Israel they are not called illegal immigrants, they are called INFILTRATORS. I don't wish to bias anyone, so I will paste the statements of the Israeli PM and the Interior Minister

"It is important that everyone understand that Israel is no longer a
destination for infiltrators," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"There are 300 million people in the Nile Valley all wanting to get here," Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai.

Gentlemen, the Nile Valley refers to Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan all the way to Egypt. 300 million people includes you, your grandmother, the MPs and the presidents of all the mentioned countries. Apparently, we are all dying to make it to Israel.

I wonder whether God is happy with the current crop of His Children in Israel. I aint.

This is an insult to us. Why would we want to leave our beautiful countries just to go and live in a desert?

Olekoima

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 45
Location : Various

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  mogen on Fri Sep 07 2012, 13:43

Spartan wrote:I've spent the past few days following the Democratic National Convention - yes, it does matter here who becomes president of the US. One of the few disagreements at the convention was caused by the inclusion of references to Israel and Jerusalem as its capital. I was surprised that Israel would present such a divisive hot potato, but not for long.

Israel finally let in African immigrants, all three of them, after keeping them in the desert heat without water or food. And this included a pregnant woman. All countries have a right to deny unwanted persons entry and Israel is no exception. But here is the clincher, in Israel they are not called illegal immigrants, they are called INFILTRATORS. I don't wish to bias anyone, so I will paste the statements of the Israeli PM and the Interior Minister

"It is important that everyone understand that Israel is no longer a
destination for infiltrators," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

"There are 300 million people in the Nile Valley all wanting to get here," Israeli Interior Minister Eli Yishai.

Gentlemen, the Nile Valley refers to Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan all the way to Egypt. 300 million people includes you, your grandmother, the MPs and the presidents of all the mentioned countries. Apparently, we are all dying to make it to Israel.

I wonder whether God is happy with the current crop of His Children in Israel. I aint.

@Spartan and others

Agreed. Reference to Nile people is in bad faith. Perhaps, they are still having nightmares about their experience with the Falashas (Ethiopian Jews) who went to Israel during Mengistu's time. Many are oing it really tough there. Much tougher
than the Jews from Soviet Union. It is bad o think of us as people ready to run to Israel and be ducking missiles and bombs across the borders. It is not fair.

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  mogen on Mon Sep 10 2012, 03:56

Al-Qaida's east african targets shoot back
Published: Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:06 PM CDT
the coalition's success so far has already made an important statement about East Africa's political future.

The coalition's demonstrated combat capabilities, political resiliency, ability to coordinate efforts and diplomatic savvy would absolutely shock a time-traveling al-Qaida commander circa 1998 to 2001...

Yet today, in Somalia, these "weak" nations are actively defending their own interests using their own expeditionary military forces. These forces have a solid record for defeating al-Shabab fanatics in both urban and desert operations. The Kenyan and Ugandan military officer corps are increasingly professional. Both nations have improved their counterterror capabilities. Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda know how to share intelligence among themselves and use intelligence provided by the U.S...

http://www.paragoulddailypress.com/articles/2012/09/09/opinion/doc504a54624735c989876228.txt

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Balozi on Mon Sep 10 2012, 10:28

@O.N it seem kenyana will hatch faster than my fathers Day old chicks…..
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Ethiopia+and+Ogaden+rebels+in+peace+talks+++/-/1056/1501026/-/2d87ywz/-/index.html

Balozi

Posts : 127
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MBAWA PROSPECT IN BLOCK L8 LAMU HAS MASSIVE NAT GAS

Post  The Blue on Mon Sep 10 2012, 10:41

The prospectors in this block have found massive gas in this block. About 52M of net gas pay. They are on target to hit a second resevour soon.

Kenyana as they say, is awash with hydrocarbons.



the prospector is Pancontinental Oil & Gas and the block operator is Apache.

The Blue

Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-03-16
Age : 32
Location : Nairobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new Somalia president & Kenya Foreign Affairs minister survive bomb blast

Post  mogen on Wed Sep 12 2012, 14:55

The al shaytans have started targeting the newly elected president. phew!

"Sam Ongeri, Somalia president survive bomb attack on hotel in Mogadishu Sam Ongeri, Somalia president survive bomb attack on hotel in Mogadishu....."

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000066000&story_title=Somali-President,Ongeri-survive-Mogadishu-blast

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Interview with Somalia president

Post  mogen on Sun Sep 16 2012, 06:09

priority

1. Security
2. Security
3. Security
4. Work to return refugees [now numbering 1million +)
...

http://youtu.be/lEj8QjbKrbc

mogen

Posts : 658
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

taleban destroy six nato jets ad three fuelling stations at camp bastion

Post  countersniper on Sun Sep 16 2012, 15:37

meanwhile Taliban attacked the heavily fortified camp bastion IN AFGHANISTAN destroying six harrier jump jets,several fueling stations and other military hardware
THE WESTERN MEDIA HAS NOT REPORTED THIS BUT IT HAS BEEN ON ALJAZEERAS


http://www.defence.pk/forums/afghanistan-defence/207862-six-av-8b-harrier-harrier-jump-jets-united-states-marine-corps-destroyed.html

countersniper

Posts : 527
Join date : 2011-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Uganda and the Mombasa Route

Post  Spartan on Tue Sep 18 2012, 12:45

KPA is not doing itself many favours by introducing 'cash bonds' - money equivalent to goods being imported refundable when it can be verified that the imported goods have crossed to Uganda, payable by all Ugandan importers using Mombasa.

Another time would have been better in my opinion - not now when Ugandan importers have just been watching the Aboud rogo riots, the Tana ethnic violence and the impending elections. If the profile of Dar es Salam as a port in East Africa is to rise, the intransigence and complacence of KPA shall have played no small part.

The choice, if I were the KPA, would be clear. The revenue lost to 'short landings' by unscrupulous Kenyan traders vs the revenue got from Ugandan traders, which is greater? Or do they think Ugandan importers have no option than to put up with whatever bureacratic huddles KPA thinks of?

These threats, when they came from government, I was inclined to take them cum grano salis. This time they are coming from the importers themselves. Let's see who blinks first.




Spartan

Posts : 567
Join date : 2011-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Al Bashir on Tue Sep 18 2012, 13:03

Spartan wrote:KPA is not doing itself many favours by introducing 'cash bonds' - money equivalent to goods being imported refundable when it can be verified that the imported goods have crossed to Uganda, payable by all Ugandan importers using Mombasa.

Another time would have been better in my opinion - not now when Ugandan importers have just been watching the Aboud rogo riots, the Tana ethnic violence and the impending elections. If the profile of Dar es Salam as a port in East Africa is to rise, the intransigence and complacence of KPA shall have played no small part.

The choice, if I were the KPA, would be clear. The revenue lost to 'short landings' by unscrupulous Kenyan traders vs the revenue got from Ugandan traders, which is greater? Or do they think Ugandan importers have no option than to put up with whatever bureacratic huddles KPA thinks of?

These threats, when they came from government, I was inclined to take them cum grano salis. This time they are coming from the importers themselves. Let's see who blinks first.


Quite true but sad, tis the Kenya way of policy making, little thought process is put into weighty matters. I remember a few years ago someone in government woke up one day and declared all light plastics and plastic paper bags banned in the city of Nairobi. I one fell swoop and literally overnight it became illegal to carry, sell, or serve anything in a plastic paper bag. The city askaris had a field day harassing women at the markets! In the blink of an eye it now costs double to transport goods from Mombasa to Malaba as businessmen will have to have millions on reserve to cover these bonds!

Al Bashir

Posts : 89
Join date : 2011-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Uzi on Tue Sep 18 2012, 14:01

Spartan wrote:KPA is not doing itself many favours by introducing 'cash bonds' - money equivalent to goods being imported refundable when it can be verified that the imported goods have crossed to Uganda, payable by all Ugandan importers using Mombasa.

Another time would have been better in my opinion - not now when Ugandan importers have just been watching the Aboud rogo riots, the Tana ethnic violence and the impending elections. If the profile of Dar es Salam as a port in East Africa is to rise, the intransigence and complacence of KPA shall have played no small part.

The choice, if I were the KPA, would be clear. The revenue lost to 'short landings' by unscrupulous Kenyan traders vs the revenue got from Ugandan traders, which is greater? Or do they think Ugandan importers have no option than to put up with whatever bureacratic huddles KPA thinks of?


These threats, when they came from government, I was inclined to take them cum grano salis. This time they are coming from the importers themselves. Let's see who blinks first.




Assuming Ug takes the cue for goods transiting to SS or Rw, Burundi, DRC? I dont think this is gud for biz should even have even given a notice so that the importers can make a choice. On a different note Ug scores more hydrocarbons. http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Uganda+confirms+more+oil+deposits/-/688334/1510090/-/11p8ohmz/-/index.html

Uzi

Posts : 112
Join date : 2012-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Olekoima on Tue Sep 18 2012, 14:21

Spartan wrote:KPA is not doing itself many favours by introducing 'cash bonds' - money equivalent to goods being imported refundable when it can be verified that the imported goods have crossed to Uganda, payable by all Ugandan importers using Mombasa.

Another time would have been better in my opinion - not now when Ugandan importers have just been watching the Aboud rogo riots, the Tana ethnic violence and the impending elections. If the profile of Dar es Salam as a port in East Africa is to rise, the intransigence and complacence of KPA shall have played no small part.

The choice, if I were the KPA, would be clear. The revenue lost to 'short landings' by unscrupulous Kenyan traders vs the revenue got from Ugandan traders, which is greater? Or do they think Ugandan importers have no option than to put up with whatever bureacratic huddles KPA thinks of?

These threats, when they came from government, I was inclined to take them cum grano salis. This time they are coming from the importers themselves. Let's see who blinks first.




I' am sure this will be sorted. Some smart Alec may be looking for campaign money for next year, but in a silly manner.

Olekoima

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 45
Location : Various

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kenya blocks Uganda goods over new tax

Post  Olekoima on Tue Sep 18 2012, 15:19

Wrong move,

http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/635341-kenya-blocks-uganda-goods-over-new-tax.html

Olekoima

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 45
Location : Various

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Uzi on Wed Sep 19 2012, 07:11

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Kenya+backs+down+on+import+tax/-/688334/1511344/-/aoe2ukz/-/index.html good news hope they wont penalize the importers for the period of stalemate.

Uzi

Posts : 112
Join date : 2012-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Sponsored content Today at 15:11


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum