Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Risasi on Fri Aug 10 2012, 09:49

No problem Mogen don’t worry, we all buddies in the same course.
KDF ops are will defined and so far unprecedented in the region in terms of battlefield management and planning…….in my honest opinion what is going on in zoomalia is similar to a Brigade size match and shoot exercise couple with air assets.(a tip of the iceberg limited in funds).. si unaona jirani is also sending in some gunships sasa. We are a good influence.Very Happy

AL keeba intels puts that fighter jets are coming in from a sea base? Wish them the best in their intel?
@ON..what happened to the US funds? What’s the story on it? Is someone trying to chock the line?

Your O.G.W, M.B.S tayari ama baado?

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Fri Aug 10 2012, 16:47

KIBAKI
ORDERS evacuation of Kenyans involved in the Tanzania bus accident;
army choppers to airlift victims to Nairobi for treatment.

This new emasculated Kenya is seriously making my heart swell with pride, the accident nevertheless. Is it an opportunity to show majirani we can deploy well beyond our borders?Kibaki orders military MEDEVAC of injured in Tanzanian bus crash

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Interloper on Fri Aug 10 2012, 20:05

jasiri wrote:
KIBAKI

This new emasculated Kenya is seriously making my heart swell with pride, the accident nevertheless. Is it an opportunity to show majirani we can deploy well beyond our borders?Kibaki orders military MEDEVAC of injured in Tanzanian bus crash

Wrong choice of word... lol!

Interloper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon on Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:29

jasiri wrote:
KIBAKI

KDF-AF should invest in buying 2 or 3 medivac choppers

@Risasi is KDF looking to buy more Z-w9 helicopters??? And the one that crashed in Liboi was it ever replaced??

cylon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Sat Aug 11 2012, 02:29

cylon wrote:
jasiri wrote:
KIBAKI

@Risasi is KDF looking to buy more Z-w9 helicopters??? And the one that crashed in Liboi was it ever replaced??

cylon

in case you are not aware ..KDF has enough PUMA helicopters for use as medivac air ambulances

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_Air_Force

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kenya+air+force&hl=en&client=firefox-beta&hs=2Rf&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3pwlUNbvK4qe0QXu2IGoCg&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=598

as far as i knew there are five of which can be configured to medivac status at short notice.
also the four permanent VIP transport choppers usually reserved for the CinC and other special needs transport can be used.
this is why i believe president kibaki gave the order for the military to evacuate the injured kenya because he is aware of the available equipment.
my worry is the reaction of those Tanzanians seing a fleet of choppers suddenly appear over their airspace...ANYWAY AM SURE CLEARANCE WILL BE OBTAINED before mission execution

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire on Sat Aug 11 2012, 12:14

What happened the other day in migingo was unfortunate. Spartan is this standard practise by UPDF/POLICE wing? Why raid an administrators premise? Passing a message or what or simply detesting the presence of the chief?
http://www.nation.co.ke/Counties/Ugandan+police+raid+chiefs+camp++/-/1107872/1471998/-/a54osr/-/index.html
Onkarei this migingo issue will it ever be settled? Countersniper and any relevant field ops guys...i rem back then if such an incident would happen, Kenya would hit u back n hard. In this case, our machinery just watched the helpless administrator as his items were being confisticated. Are we getting too soft? Mark you there has been no formal response whatsoever!!!!!

livefire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Sat Aug 11 2012, 13:09

livefire wrote:What happened the other day in migingo was unfortunate. Spartan is this standard practise by UPDF/POLICE wing? Why raid an administrators premise? Passing a message or what or simply detesting the presence of the chief?
http://www.nation.co.ke/Counties/Ugandan+police+raid+chiefs+camp++/-/1107872/1471998/-/a54osr/-/index.html
Onkarei this migingo issue will it ever be settled? Countersniper and any relevant field ops guys...i rem back then if such an incident would happen, Kenya would hit u back n hard. In this case, our machinery just watched the helpless administrator as his items were being confisticated. Are we getting too soft? Mark you there has been no formal response whatsoever!!!!!

the problem at migingo was let to go out of hand for political reasons by the executive.
that has turned out to be a very bad decision.
it can be easily resolved.
kibaki needs to tell museveni to pull out his men.simple phone call.
or we start hostilities ...which no one wants to escalate now. museveni cannot sustain or contain a hostile kenya at all.

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  livefire on Sat Aug 11 2012, 14:31

countersniper wrote:
livefire wrote:What happened the other day in migingo was unfortunate. Spartan is this standard practise by UPDF/POLICE wing? Why raid an administrators premise? Passing a message or what or simply detesting the presence of the chief?http://www.nation.co.ke/Counties/Ugandan+police+raid+chiefs+camp++/-/1107872/1471998/-/a54osr/-/index.htmlOnkarei this migingo issue will it ever be settled? Countersniper and any relevant field ops guys...i rem back then if such an incident would happen, Kenya would hit u back n hard. In this case, our machinery just watched the helpless administrator as his items were being confisticated. Are we getting too soft? Mark you there has been no formal response whatsoever!!!!!
the problem at migingo was let to go out of hand for political reasons by the executive.that has turned out to be a very bad decision.it can be easily resolved.kibaki needs to tell museveni to pull out his men.simple phone call.or we start hostilities ...which no one wants to escalate now. museveni cannot sustain or contain a hostile kenya at all.
sad state of affairs countersniper. the damning silence of GoK is beyond reproach, attacking a chief ''supposedly a govt representative'' only sends one message and am sure it has reached home; as naive as at it may sound; its a direct attack/dismisall name it whatever u may, ''that the Kenyan presidency's/govt with regards to control over the island has no say''. ''No ifs or buts!!!!''. The guys are beyond fishermen, they are now raiding govt officials & confisticating materials yet we say we are cool?!?!
Olenkarei when you get the clearance swipe give us your insight.

livefire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Sat Aug 11 2012, 18:33

countersniper wrote:
livefire wrote:What happened the other day in migingo was unfortunate. Spartan is this standard practise by UPDF/POLICE wing? Why raid an administrators premise? Passing a message or what or simply detesting the presence of the chief?

the problem at migingo was let to go out of hand for political reasons by the executive.
that has turned out to be a very bad decision.
it can be easily resolved.
kibaki needs to tell museveni to pull out his men.simple phone call.
or we start hostilities ...which no one wants to escalate now. museveni cannot sustain or contain a hostile kenya at all.

Migingo is a very touchy subject, especially for Kenyans, which is really understandable. But I think sometimes we invest too much emotion into it based on newspaper reports quoting Juma Ombori the BMU chairman on the island. The mere fact that Kenyan security outnumber Ugandan Police should suggest that maybe this wasn't a 'raid'. i would be apprehensive if the complaints were coming from Kenya security.

@ countersniper, snipers are not supposed to be so gang-ho. Hostilities would help no one

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon on Sat Aug 11 2012, 21:00

countersniper wrote:
cylon wrote:
jasiri wrote:
KIBAKI

cylon

in case you are not aware ..KDF has enough PUMA helicopters for use as medivac air ambulances

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=kenya+air+force&hl=en&client=firefox-beta&hs=2Rf&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3pwlUNbvK4qe0QXu2IGoCg&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=598

as far as i knew there are five of which can be configured to medivac status at short notice.
also the four permanent VIP transport choppers usually reserved for the CinC and other special needs transport can be used.
this is why i believe president kibaki gave the order for the military to evacuate the injured kenya because he is aware of the available equipment.
my worry is the reaction of those Tanzanians seing a fleet of choppers suddenly appear over their airspace...ANYWAY AM SURE CLEARANCE WILL BE OBTAINED before mission execution

Yes, i know about the puma's but some of them are unserviceable and cost a lot of money to repair them in SA. Even the Mil17 could be converted to a full medicav if the KDF-AF wanted to do so. The Injured were airlifted by a kenyan government VIP ATR-72 transport a puma or mil17 that brought them home, I was watching the clip on youtube and i was appalled that the media showed no consideration to the distraught survivors and injured and flim from a respected distant instead of crowding the plane like flies.... Any incursions into TZ airspace would get an early notification so we don't get our planes chewed out by their SAM batteries....

cylon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 12 2012, 10:24

Spartan wrote:
Migingo is a very touchy subject, especially for Kenyans, which is really understandable. But I think sometimes we invest too much emotion into it based on newspaper reports quoting Juma Ombori the BMU chairman on the island. The mere fact that Kenyan security outnumber Ugandan Police should suggest that maybe this wasn't a 'raid'. i would be apprehensive if the complaints were coming from Kenya security.

Kenya and Uganda will NEVER kill not even ONE Soldier over Migingo, no matter who IS the C/C-KDF.!!

Territorial Integrity, my foot!! Whatever happened to National Interests??!! We militarily humiliate our Largest and most strategic International Partner just to cover our own humiliation?? Regardless of Costs and Benefit? Over a matter that is yet under legal and political arbitration? How do we step back after we have massacred those Ugandan Policemen in Migingo? And the Proud people of Uganda will seat on their hands and do squat? Eeiish, bana!!

War IS a last-resort, not an outlet for testosterone rage - there MUST be another way around this matter. War has TERMINAL RESULTS!! War is NOT inevitably consequent to all disagreements between Nations. And that is not cowardly, nor ''confused political leadership'' - Kibaki and whoever succeeds him at State House cannot unilaterally call out KDF to-War!! Kibaki annot unilaterally Develop and Drive a War Policy - Read your Constitution.

The Entire Kenya-Tanzania-Uganda-Sudan-Ethiopia-Somalia Border may have or already has grounds for ownership Contention - and now we have Hydrocarbons straddling this ''border' -should we just nuke each other out of existence?

Economic-Social emancipation of a People is consequential to an extended PEACE, as a dividend. War is an last-resort instrument to when the sustenance of that PEACE cannot be guaranteed by peaceful and acceptable means.

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Sun Aug 12 2012, 20:31

cylon wrote:
countersniper wrote:
cylon wrote:
jasiri wrote:
KIBAKI

cylon

Yes, i know about the puma's but some of them are unserviceable and cost a lot of money to repair them in SA. Even the Mil17 could be converted to a full medicav if the KDF-AF wanted to do so. The Injured were airlifted by a kenyan government VIP ATR-72 transport a puma or mil17 that brought them home, I was watching the clip on youtube and i was appalled that the media showed no consideration to the distraught survivors and injured and flim from a respected distant instead of crowding the plane like flies.... Any incursions into TZ airspace would get an early notification so we don't get our planes chewed out by their SAM batteries....

ATR?? Very Happy Both aircrafts were Canadian De Havilland crafts. ATR are franco-Italian. Any way I can understand you because both aircrafts look similar on screen with similar features, a high “T” tail shaped rudder. In fact they are competing for the same niche in the aviation market.

The first lot came in with a V.I.P wing DHC-8 Dash8, the lightly injured and first aid cases and the “old Lady” DHC-5 buffalo in its Medivac capacity (24 stretchers, equipments and Para Medic staff) brought in the wounded on stretches.

Choppers would be slow for that distance.

Medivac are conducted by KAf time to time for wounded personnel, funeral transportation on compassionate and emergency grounds I would say but you don’t get to hear about it I admit. a good friend and a mentor , an Airforce 1 pilot Col.James XXXX one time commanded a Yankee one-two to pick his ailing and frail father from a dusty air strip in central Kenya to MAB. ya it was official, a nod from the Air force CDR.

@cyclon more ZW-9 will arrive in due time including several utility versions and a H425 VIP version. The ZW-9 will be the “running shoes” for KDF-AF rotary wing.

@jas. Check out the new Yankee one-two, F series a.k.a aircar http://china-defense.blogspot.com/2010/12/y-12f-tactical-stol-prototype-001.html

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cylon on Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:23

Risasi wrote:
cylon wrote:
countersniper wrote:
cylon wrote:
jasiri wrote:
KIBAKI

cylon

ATR?? Very Happy Both aircrafts were Canadian De Havilland crafts. ATR are franco-Italian. Any way I can understand you because both aircrafts look similar on screen with similar features, a high “T” tail shaped rudder. In fact they are competing for the same niche in the aviation market.

The first lot came in with a V.I.P wing DHC-8 Dash8, the lightly injured and first aid cases and the “old Lady” DHC-5 buffalo in its Medivac capacity (24 stretchers, equipments and Para Medic staff) brought in the wounded on stretches.

Medivac are conducted by KAf time to time for wounded personnel, funeral transportation on compassionate and emergency grounds I would say but you don’t get to hear about it I admit. a good friend and a mentor , an Airforce 1 pilot Col.James XXXX one time commanded a Yankee one-two to pick his ailing and frail father from a dusty air strip in central Kenya to MAB. ya it was official, a nod from the Air force CDR.

@cyclon more ZW-9 will arrive in due time including several utility versions and a H425 VIP version. The ZW-9 will be the “running shoes” for KDF-AF rotary wing.

@jas. Check out the new Yankee one-two, F series a.k.a aircar http://china-defense.blogspot.com/2010/12/y-12f-tactical-stol-prototype-001.html

Great to hear that more ZW-9's are on the way, By the way the AP's got there first chopper today the Bell 407 which i say is a pretty good chopper for patrols etc. The recce boys must favor that chopper over the md-500, By the way looks like the SIN blog is reporting that KDF is smoking alshabab from its defense by shelling their defensive points and many of them are fleeing...The fall of kismayo is nearing

cylon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:34

countersniper wrote: cylon

@Countersniper, i am not certain that the KDF or any other branch of our unformed forces have a dedicated medevac aircraft. What they have are the general cargo planes that are usually converted for such a task on a case basis and in that way the task cannot be referred to as Medevac but Casevac (Casualty Evacuation). A medevac aircraft is in other ways referred to an air ambulance because it has all the facilities of a mini-hospital and paramedics can perform minor procedures to the patient in order to sustain life until arrival to the hospital. I think that with the rise in mishaps that involve a high number of casualties the uniformed forces do need to consider forming a squadron for Disaster response (like the IDF one) mainly since the civil authorities have flatly failed to activate one

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Mon Aug 13 2012, 02:41

risasi
my post is very clear...the gist of my posting was that KDF has several choppers including those reserved for VIP service that can be configured into medivac air ambulances at short notice.
i have personally experienced this at MOI AIR BASE when the last time there was an air disaster in Busia when we lost several VIPs at the early stages of kibaki government.
BTW
the kismayu
attack is on..the next forty eight to 72 hours are crucial ....KDF Armour and special forces are already targeting key alshabab positions

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Mon Aug 13 2012, 03:20

countersniper wrote:risasi
my post is very clear...the gist of my posting was that KDF has several choppers including those reserved for VIP service that can be configured into medivac air ambulances at short notice.
i have personally experienced this at MOI AIR BASE when the last time there was an air disaster in Busia when we lost several VIPs at the early stages of kibaki government.
BTW
the kismayu
attack is on..the next forty eight to 72 hours are crucial ....KDF Armour and special forces are already targeting key alshabab positions

@Countersniper
Today's Daily Nation has hinted that Kismayo's fall is imminent and that the uniforms are busy doing what they are in there for.
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/The+battle+for+Somalia+/-/1056/1477884/-/item/1/-/15cv6gf/-/index.html

Perhaps, the other equally important story is about post al Shabaab administration.
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kenyas+efforts+in+Juba+Valley+yielding+fruits/-/1056/1477874/-/l10xoe/-/index.html

I believe, the assault on Kismayo is on and as the Daily Nation puts it "... August presents the Horn of Africa and East African countries with the defining moment of an extraordinary war in the history of the region...". Forget, about the silly reference to KDF as 'Chocolate Soldiers' who had not tasted real war.
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Top+soldiers+behind+the+battle+to+seize+port+city+/-/1056/1477886/-/yi57le/-/index.html

Precision strikes by the KDF struck a compound that housed Sheikh Fillow [the Al Shabaab Intelligence Chief] - not sure whether they got him or not.

When asked about 'what's happening in Kismayo' one Kenyan civilian said:
"ile mabomu inanyesha Kismayo....hata usiulize!!! '' Smile Smile

Al-Shabaab militants are starving so much that they have resorted to eating hyenas contrary to Islamic teachings which outlaw eating of scavengers. They can't steal farmers' cows/goats, can't steal food aid. This is their food now:

Last edited by mogen on Mon Aug 13 2012, 06:07; edited 2 times in total

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Mon Aug 13 2012, 04:10

cylon wrote:
Risasi wrote:
cylon wrote:
countersniper wrote:
cylon wrote:
jasiri wrote:
KIBAKI

cylon

Great to hear that more ZW-9's are on the way, By the way the AP's got there first chopper today the Bell 407 which i say is a pretty good chopper for patrols etc. The recce boys must favor that chopper over the md-500, By the way looks like the SIN blog is reporting that KDF is smoking alshabab from its defense by shelling their defensive points and many of them are fleeing...The fall of kismayo is nearing

the bell chopper for the AP As shown is just a glorified flying taxi to carry ten men lightly armed to far off stations.it cannot defend itself ..even a single man with a well aimed AK 47 WILL BRING IT DOWN.

give me an MD 500 fully armed with its anti tank weapons and other guns ...boy come baby come....IAM GAME ON....

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Mon Aug 13 2012, 04:22

Ugandan Mil Mi-24 helicopters go missing in Kenya airspace
SIN is reporting that Uganda Air-Force Mil Mi-24 Helicopters have gone Missing in Kenyan Airspace

Intelligence briefs confirmed by Strategic Intelligence confirm that Ugandan air-force helicopters have gone missing in Kenyan airspace while one has landed in Wajir military air-base
Intelligence reports confirm the landing of one Ugandan defense forces attack helicopter at Wajir military air-base in Kenya while 3-other attack helicopters have gone missing in the Kenyan air-space...

These are the choppers that were dispatched last Monday from Uganda enroute to Somalia for deployment. What happened?

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Mon Aug 13 2012, 10:40

mogen wrote:Ugandan Mil Mi-24 helicopters go missing in Kenya airspace

SIN is reporting that Uganda Air-Force Mil Mi-24 Helicopters have gone Missing in Kenyan Airspace

Intelligence briefs confirmed by Strategic Intelligence confirm that Ugandan air-force helicopters have gone missing in Kenyan airspace while one has landed in Wajir military air-base
Intelligence reports confirm the landing of one Ugandan defense forces attack helicopter at Wajir military air-base in Kenya while 3-other attack helicopters have gone missing in the Kenyan air-space...
These are the choppers that were dispatched last Monday from Uganda enroute to Somalia for deployment. What happened?

Maybe some anti-aircraft battery operator who was been reading his copy of The Nation thought the Migingo battle was on and reacted Smile. All the uniforms here, KDF can surely find an aircraft in its airspace, let alone four or five of them. Ama?

Some of the birds that have lost contact with base. Those hinds leave very large radar footprints.

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst on Mon Aug 13 2012, 10:59

The Ugandan Hinds, lost in KE Domain

Actual Number could be 3

Copters have troop capacity of 8

Uganda defense officials confirm the mishap
Those Hinds had clearance to use KE Air-space...UNLESS OTHERWISE

http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/634057-Ugandan-military-choppers-go-missing.html
http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/ugandan-helicopters-go-missing-over-kenya-1.1360641#.UCiqUJHeK9s

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Mon Aug 13 2012, 11:36

Analyst wrote:

Actual Number could be 3

http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/634057-Ugandan-military-choppers-go-missing.html
http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/ugandan-helicopters-go-missing-over-kenya-1.1360641#.UCiqUJHeK9s

Conflicting stories:

"...UPDF officials say the choppers had landed in Wajir for refueling before flying to Somalia..."
http://www.chimpreports.com/index.php/news/5473-breaking-missing-updf-choppers-crashed-in-mt-kenya.html

Another one here:

UPDATE:
"One of the four Ugandan attack helicopters that went missing on Sunday as they flew to Somalia to shore up the final attack on the port city of Kismayu, Somalia, has been found on Mt. Kenya. Military sources say all members of the 7-man crew are safe, and both the Ugandan and Kenyan military are organizing a rescue operation for the MI-23 attack helicopter.

Sources say the rescuers are yet to locate the whereabouts of the other three, all of which had 7 crew members.

The helicopters went missing en route from Kisumu airport to Laikipia base in Kenya. There were conflicting reports about the territory where the helicopters went off radar. Some reports say it was within Kenyan airspace, while others say it was inside Somalia..."
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Ugandan+army+helicopters+go+missing+in+Kenya/-/688334/1478076/-/hmm01q/-/index.html

And now, bad weather hampers search and rescue effort
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Poor+weather+hinders+search+for+Ugandas+missing+helicopters/-/1056/1478150/-/15b9bki/-/index.html

Last edited by mogen on Mon Aug 13 2012, 11:54; edited 1 time in total

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Mon Aug 13 2012, 11:48

mogen wrote:
Analyst wrote:

Actual Number could be 3

Conflicting storiies
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Ugandan+army+helicopters+go+missing+in+Kenya/-/688334/1478076/-/item/1/-/owojy1z/-/index.html

"...UPDF officials say the choppers had landed in Wajir for refueling before flying to Somalia..."
http://www.chimpreports.com/index.php/news/5473-breaking-missing-updf-choppers-crashed-in-mt-kenya.html

Another one here:

UPDATE:

"One of the four Ugandan attack helicopters that went missing on Sunday as they flew to Somalia to shore up the final attack on the port city of Kismayu, Somalia, has been found on Mt. Kenya. Military sources say all members of the 7-man crew are safe, and both the Ugandan and Kenyan military are organizing a rescue operation for the MI-23 attack helicopter.

Sources say the rescuers are yet to locate the whereabouts of the other three, all of which had 7 crew members.

The helicopters went missing en route from Kisumu airport to Laikipia base in Kenya. There were conflicting reports about the territory where the helicopters went off radar. Some reports say it was within Kenyan airspace, while others say it was inside Somalia..."
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Ugandan+army+helicopters+go+missing+in+Kenya/-/688334/1478076/-/hmm01q/-/index.html

THIS does not make sense.#
why did Kenya military not provide escort for these helicopters?
why did the military radar that covers the Kenyan airspace plot the routes so that these helicopters can be tracked.?
does it mean anyone can fly across Kenya undetected?
the moment those choppers went down..someone should have known and activated the rescue process.
supposing they were on an alternative mission ?
the Kenyan officials have failed todo their job here.
..there are sarcastic rumors that alshabab shot these Ugandan choppers down within Kenyan airspace...what a joke of a mess

update..downed chopper pilot sends SOS from mt kenya forest.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000063954&story_title=Ugandan-choppers-crash-in-Kenya

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

UPDF Downed Hinds located

Post  Analyst on Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:13

UPDF Hinds found according to SIN

SIN /?p=2856

The weather is not so bad at the moment

Kamweti; 75.1km from Nyeri, Weather :Temperature: 15°C / 59°F
Wind: 4.6km/h Southeast. Cloud: Scattered at 1600ft Broken at 8000ft

The other helicopter has been traced at Gathiuru forest =Time-zone Sunrise at 06:33 and Sunset at 18:39. Latitude. -0.05°, Longitude. 37.0833333° in Mount Kenya forest.

All crew/troops are reportedly safe but SIN will verify.

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Priorities -1.Crew recovery & security, and then 2.WTF else....

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:48

Doubtlessly, something went wrong, as sometime does happen. Time enough to find out what did crap out, when all crew is secure. And there is hell of a lot of queries to pore through. KDF followed all protocols, and too early to throw in Al-Kebab into this, - amongst the pretty horrible theories about this incident thrown up earlier!

An Armed Military flight through Kenya, especially along the authorised UPDF Mi-24 flight path, is akin to walking through a Mine-field blind-folded.

If KDF/Air Defense was ''asleep'' as alleged, we would still be looking for those choppers - eyes on from point of entry to point they went down. SAR was hampered by Weather and Terrain, not by location of Crash Sites.

But Kenyana is going to be running alot of Military ''Solutions'' in Joint-cordination./command, and we are going to learn from this some very vital lessons. That this Flight Path was ''Authorised'' means the Flight Path was ''Safed'' for this Flight and all institutional Protocols in Effect - no guesswork, no room for discretionally action by anybody in such a matter. Hapana!! Military does not work like that. Let's be patient!

@Spartan - yeah, I got a pretty clear 360deg of this 'Backyard', bro. Sorry about this loss (60% of your effective Air?) BTW - this is a ''recoverable'' from the AU/UNSC - the Birds were rehatted and deploying, complete with rehatted Crew!!

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:00; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:58

ole Nkarei wrote:Doubtlessly, something went wrong, as sometime does happen. Time enough to find out what did crap out, when all crew is secure. And there is hell of a lot of queries to pore through. KDF followed all protocols, and too early to throw in Al-Kebab into this, - amongst the pretty horrible theories about this incident thrown up earlier!

An Armed Military flight through Kenya, especially along the authorised UPDF Mi-24 flight path, is akin to walking through a Mine-field blind-folded.

If KDF/Air Defense was ''asleep'' as alleged, we would still be looking for those choppers - eyes on from point of entry to point they went down. SAR was hampered by Weather and Terrain, not by location of Crash Sites.

But Kenyana is going to be running alot of Military ''Solutions'' in Joint-cordination./command, and we are going to learn from this some very vital lessons.

@Spartan - yeah, I got a pretty clear 360deg of this 'Backyard', bro. Sorry about this loss (60% of your effective Air?) BTW - this is a ''recoverable'' from the AU/UNSC - the Birds were rehatted and deploying, complete with rehatted Crew!!

@ON
I have read an encouraging Breaking News item. All four choppers are now accounted for and more importantly, all crew members are safe!!! This is good news indeed. Machines can be replaced, even with brand new ones. Not so with lives lost.

"NAIROBI: The Ugandan military has said it can account for all of its four attack helicopters that went missing on Sunday while flying on Kenyan airspace on their way to Somalia. All the 28-crew members of the four helicopters are safe....Only one helicopter landed safely at the Kenyan base in Wajir. One crash landed on Mt. Kenya, while two crash-landed in Garissa...."
http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Ugandan+Choppers+All+four+now+found/-/1056/1478198/-/y6mn6kz/-/index.html

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:10

if Kenyan officials plotted the flight path..it does not make sense..they should have given them a safer route without a mountain in between....ie mt Kenya.. Shocked
they say the path was...
entebe- kisumu- nanyuki...then wajir then somalia
seems like they made it to nanyuki then hell broke loose.
but the ill fated crews have been found near mt Kenya..areas like meru an others towards garrisa
i would have thought
the best flight path was
entebe..eldoret..nanyuki -wajir or garisa then somalia...
or entebe..kisumu.nairobi,- garrisa..somalia
it seems like the crew were probably inexperienced or the equipment malfunctioned.or they lost contact with ground control radar and then become dis oriented.

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:17

countersniper wrote:if Kenyan officials plotted the flight path..it does not make sense..they should have given them a safer route without a mountain in between....ie mt Kenya.. Shocked
they say the path was...
but the ill fated crews have been found near mt Kenya..areas like meru an others towards garrisa
i would have thought
the best flight path was
it seems like the crew were probably inexperienced or the equipment malfunctioned.or they lost contact with ground control radar and then become dis oriented.

All varied concerns, @Countersniper. They demand answers and no doubt will get appropriately answered.

Now, this involves a Assets of a very strategic friendly state. We gotta keep a careful lid on this to avoid offending sensibilities on both sides of Lake Victoria. We will know more in due course, and of course learn from this - remember this is our first joint ''military solution'' that we are running in Kenyana!! We are jointly doing pretty good, judging from the grudging respect Johnny and Sammy are radiating recently!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Mon Aug 13 2012, 14:45

countersniper wrote:if Kenyan officials plotted the flight path..it does not make sense..they should have given them a safer route without a mountain in between....ie mt Kenya.. Shocked
they say the path was...
i would have thought
the best flight path was

This is a sad day for all East Africans, let us not speculate as to the probable causes of the triple crashes. I am sure that the authorities in the two countries are working hand in hand to unearth the cause of the Mishap, remember one landed safely (to either Wajir or Garissa, these journalists dont do their homework properly that is why they keep on mistaking the Hind as an MI-23 and Mil MI-17 as the tail no of another copter).

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Observer on Mon Aug 13 2012, 15:15

Sad state of affairs this one, but glad the crew is safe. This will call for change of plans for the UPDF sector advance, they really needed those birds... "recovering" from AU/UNSC must be a "process" reading from how long turn around of other theater manenos took not forgetting other procurement logistics. The issue no doubt requires careful navigation due to the sensitivities attached... but it does put the "two siters" in an akward position ... all the same as ON puts it, it's a first lesson for the "days ahead" in our first major "joint military solution" a lot of "stuff" will be put to test.

Observer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst on Mon Aug 13 2012, 15:28

With all of these Hinds crashing and not making it to theater, i find it fishy particularly on the Ugandan side.

These helicopters were not worth action in Somalia though they all bear the insignia of AU.

From the videos of takeoff from Entebbe, i can verify zero-combat capability inside these birds.

check video http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/tv/video/LY6NK1lKufk

No strategic positions for soldiers inside to use the birds, no seats, rather an open deck inside, empty space on passenger/troop cabin, and then the zero formation when flying along the flight path.

Another worrying perspective is the state of the crashed HINDS, if they crash landed, were they broken to a state of zero resuscitation?

Why are both parties not shedding light on the state of the copters?....ok...a forensic audit on them will tell.

Uganda and Nairobi played dirty here.....Kampala might have disposed those old gunny-bags using such a ploy to have them replaced...

Its the easiest way to reap the spoils of war.

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:42

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top