Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Forces (KDF)

Post  Analyst on Sun Nov 04 2012, 12:16

From the word " go" Museveni was bluffing and his hands are bloody and dirty. Now his,marriage with the West has hit a snug and the word Despot will become prevalent in Western Media headlines besides Ugandan opposition politicians will be Wests darlings.....

UPDF was not and won't be leaving Somalia soon
UPDF lost a considerable number of troops in the past 7 years
UPDF has facilitated them DRC problem alongside Rwanda and American businessmen
For the sake of Somalia, UNSC under pressure from UNSC and AUg had no choice but close eyes..
It is typical of world rapers.

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 04 2012, 13:11

Analyst wrote:From the word " go" Museveni was bluffing and his hands are bloody and dirty. Now his,marriage with the West has hit a snug and the word Despot will become prevalent in Western Media headlines besides Ugandan opposition politicians will be Wests darlings.....

For the sake of Somalia, UNSC under pressure from UNSC and AUg had no choice but close eyes..

Those are conclusive statements you make @Analyst that don't invite debate or disagreement. As an Analyst, and a pretty good one at that, you know analysis is only a good as the raw intel that goes into it. As good as you are, you are still out of the loop on direct and raw intel due to your being outside formal Military & Intelligence Structures.. You gather tidbits, collate as best as possible and then draw credible and intelligent extrapolation out of. It. Even formal Structures do that - with markedly less conjecture and much more raw data and greater collation and validation. It is the reason why your blunt take-it-from-me delivery raises the hackles of the Military & Intel chaps on the blog from the UPDF, and some in KDF, who may have greater access to this intel from within their Structures than you may have.

In this blog we must recognize our disciplinary diversity and respect it. We must synergize this diversity to enriched each other. Otherwise we will continue this relentless inexorable slide to being just another rag where the elite exchange hearty insults and ignorance. I will not pick a fight with a nuclear physicist forummer on matters of nuclear fusion, which is what seems to be the currency on these pages in recent weeks.

To start with I suggest we cease treating discussions here as mere academic exchanges where force of intellect is the driver. Let's go back to analysis and debates on geopolitical ramifications of information without moralizing it nor too much idealism. Our membership is bleeding badly. .

Secondly forummers need to put some meat on their profiles without too much detail or breaking cover - this establishes the diversity of discipline and facilitates exchanges. Nuclear Physicist, Urban Planner, Nurse, Paratrooper, Chemist, Organic Farmer, Aviator, etc. Etc

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Sun Nov 04 2012, 13:39

Fabrizio wrote:mogen,

I would not go as far as saying they blinked. I am not sure how familiar the monitor's reporters are with the workings of an international body like the UN. The report has neither been adopted nor rejected. Mr. Singh, the Indian representative, states the obvious in diplo-speak. When he says the views expressed by the experts “do not necessarily reflect those of the United Nations.” he leaves open the possibility that they may eventually reflect those of the UN.

Here is the report http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/UN+distances+self+from+Congo+report/-/688334/1610644/-/lisbqlz/-/index.html. Needless to say, the headline UN distances self from Congo report is misleading.

@Fabrizio
Report is not misleading. Mr Singh is the current UNSC President and he made those remarks while receiving the GoU's protest letter in his official capacity. I'd not be surprised to see the UNSC denouncing that dubious leaked report and cutting the authors adrift. His remarks are official.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Sun Nov 04 2012, 13:55

ole Nkarei wrote:
Analyst wrote:From the word " go" Museveni was bluffing and his hands are bloody and dirty. Now his,marriage with the West has hit a snug and the word Despot will become prevalent in Western Media headlines besides Ugandan opposition politicians will be Wests darlings.....

Those are conclusive statements you make @Analyst that don't invite debate or disagreement. As an Analyst, and a pretty good one at that, you know analysis is only a good as the raw intel that goes into it. As good as you are, you are still out of the loop on direct and raw intel due to your being outside formal Military & Intelligence Structures.. You gather tidbits, collate as best as possible and then draw credible and intelligent extrapolation out of. It. Even formal Structures do that - with markedly less conjecture and much more raw data and greater collation and validation. It is the reason why your blunt take-it-from-me delivery raises the hackles of the Military & Intel chaps on the blog from the UPDF, and some in KDF, who may have greater access to this intel from within their Structures than you may have.

In this blog we must recognize our disciplinary diversity and respect it. We must synergize this diversity to enriched each other. Otherwise we will continue this relentless inexorable slide to being just another rag where the elite exchange hearty insults and ignorance. I will not pick a fight with a nuclear physicist forummer on matters of nuclear fusion, which is what seems to be the currency on these pages in recent weeks.

To start with I suggest we cease treating discussions here as mere academic exchanges where force of intellect is the driver. Let's go back to analysis and debates on geopolitical ramifications of information without moralizing it nor too much idealism. Our membership is bleeding badly. .

Secondly forummers need to put some meat on their profiles without too much detail or breaking cover - this establishes the diversity of discipline and facilitates exchanges. Nuclear Physicist, Urban Planner, Nurse, Paratrooper, Chemist, Organic Farmer, Aviator, etc. Etc

@ON when you are discharged from the KDF they should make you an Ambassador. Our analyst should now be persuaded to heed your sage counsel. Couldn't be expressed any better. Truth is, many well-meaning and well-informed highly skilled professionals sometimes end up eating humble pie when their projections/predictions or analyses fail to stand the test of time. Circumstances may change, new truths may come to light, classified info may be what diametrically alters the equation etc. There are just so many imponderables that no one should declare anything on these manenos with a finality. Should always have a rider to cover your back in case of the unforeseen. Can't tell what lurks around the corner no matter how diligent. Health professionals are always taught and must always remember that every woman of child-bearing age should be considered pregnant unless proven otherwise. They have to test. however, in matters Intel, proving is very tricky. False leads, no leads and such manenos abound. Hence no finality [conclusive statements], bro.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwepesi on Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:01

mogen wrote:

I would not go as far as saying they blinked. I am not sure how familiar the monitor's reporters are with the workings of an international body like the UN. The report has neither been adopted nor rejected. Mr. Singh, the Indian representative, states the obvious in diplo-speak. When he says the views expressed by the experts “do not necessarily reflect those of the United Nations.” he leaves open the possibility that they may eventually reflect those of the UN.

Here is the report http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/UN+distances+self+from+Congo+report/-/688334/1610644/-/lisbqlz/-/index.html. Needless to say, the headline UN distances self from Congo report is misleading.

@Fabrizio
Report is not misleading. Mr Singh is the current UNSC President and he made those remarks while receiving the GoU's protest letter in his official capacity. I'd not be surprised to see the UNSC denouncing that dubious leaked report and cutting the authors adrift. His remarks are official.

@ Mogen, I think we should not make such sweeping statements especially taking in account that UNSC President simply ment He can't comment on things that have not been tabled or debated. Yes I have less love for those so called UN Experts, But there is always a procedure of how things are done at UNSC. UoG might as well been pre-emptying any position UNSC member states might take.

ole Nkarei wrote:

@ Ole Nkarei, I must admit this post was a Bulls-eye Hit.

There is need to keep focus on the forum debates so that we are not derailed, I must admit that all of us need to pull up our game. lets not just cut and past or gallantly proclaim as gospel truth reports or news articles from media houses as facts. We all previous kinda accepted that news reports & articles are sometimes heavily laced with "intel dissemination blanks" so it's our Job to politely clarify this to Forummers with less Fujo....

About adding meat to Profile; Point taken....

mwepesi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Sun Nov 04 2012, 15:17

mwepesi wrote:
mogen wrote:

@Fabrizio

@ Mogen, I think we should not make such sweeping statements especially taking in account that UNSC President simply ment He can't comment on things that have not been tabled or debated. Yes I have less love for those so called UN Experts, But there is always a procedure of how things are done at UNSC. UoG might as well been pre-emptying any position UNSC member states might take...

@Mwepesi
Ok, bro. In my books leaders that high up do not 'roboka' especially on matters of such significance. Indeed, no one can say that remarks made by a UNSC President while receiving a protest letter are private remarks. No. To most observers the remarks are official, albeit inconclusive. What the UNSC does after this is a matter of conjecture and that's why I said "I'd not be surprised to see the UNSC denouncing ...". Not a sweeping statement at all.

Haiya, nimekosea wapi?

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst on Sun Nov 04 2012, 16:21

Ole Nkarei....I read you....Fortunately we have already elicited the necessary fodder for good debate. It is strategic as you may have observed in earlier the injection.

Here are some key intelligence points about the Ugandan government policy on the issue.

The UN must sort out the malignments against Uganda by bringing out the truth about Uganda’s role in the current regional efforts (Prime Minister, Amama Mbabazi).
Uganda intelligence blames DR Congo government of equipping Ugandan rebels
Uganda intelligence fears of a possible war between Uganda and DR-Congo

Uganda would withdraw from these missions in retaliation over the report (GoU Policy) by minister, Asuman Kiyingi.
Which was well summed up by Mbabazi's statement "Uganda was acting in good faith and sacrificing a lot to bring peace to the region and deserved better understanding, respect and fairness from the UN and the region

The role of Uganda in regional peace efforts is the bargaining chip against the publishing of the report.
Intelligence reports confirm massacres of civilians, mass rapes of both women and men, and theft of Congo's resources by militia backed by UPDF.

Intel confirms that in 2006 when International Criminal Court started investigating Uganda's role in the Congo crimes, the army's commander in chief Gen. Yoweri Museveni, the president, contacted then U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan and urged him to block the probe.
Uganda enjoys a larger blank-check so long as it still maintains thousands of troops in Somalia, encouraged by Washington, who is wary of Somalia slipping back to al-Qaeda and its allied militias.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been to Kampala in the recent past to urge Gen. Museveni to get out of politics since his cover is blown.
Congo sued Uganda and won the case at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in 2005. ICJ granted Congo $10 billion in compensation which Kampala has not paid even a cent.

Now....gentlemen, with this coarse body of information, can you make your analysis?
My word.....UPDF wont and was not getting out of Somalia.

Mogen ....I have great respect to officer Ole Nkarei...but if you prod ....you will share a hearty laugh.

[list][*]

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fabrizio on Sun Nov 04 2012, 19:00

mogen wrote:

@Fabrizio
mogen,

He is in fact the UNSC President. But he speaks with one potential vote. And he has not dismissed, denounced or even distanced himself from the report, if what I read in the monitor is reliable. He has just said the plain truth. We can speculate about the hidden meanings. Which is fine. I also would not be surprised to see the report being rejected. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is adopted either. M7 being caught hand in till in DRC is not earth shattering news.

Fabrizio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 04 2012, 19:45

Post below.

Last edited by ole Nkarei on Sun Nov 04 2012, 20:21; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 04 2012, 20:10

Q
Fabrizio wrote:
mogen wrote:

@Fabrizio
mogen,

He is in fact the UNSC President. But he speaks with one potential vote. And he has not dismissed, denounced or even distanced himself from the report, if what I read in the monitor is reliable. He has just said the plain truth. We can speculate about the hidden meanings. Which is fine. I also would not be surprised to see the report being rejected. But I wouldn't be surprised if it is adopted either. M7 being caught hand in till in DRC is not earth shattering news.

The UNSC is driven by the basic principle of "Consensus" and avoids as much as possible divisive and acrimonious decision processes. It is the reason the much-maligned VETO of any of the five holders makes stillborn any initiative that fails to generate consensus. I imagine you must be aware of this, kaka @Fabrizo.

It is for this that every UN report by accredited Agencies with a potential for substantial acrimony are always "leaked" to select Media House prior to being tabled for debate and adoption at the UNSC. I suggest to you that Mr. Singh just killed that "Report" dead! It is called "Plausible Deniability". Kicking M7 in the face has much less currency than kicking AlQaida out of East Africa and this cannot be done without M7 fully engaged and motivated. The rest of us have this as our primary priority - we can deal with Eastern DRC sequentially after the successful conclusion of the AMISOM mandate - Sudan, Eritrea, Rwanda are quiet, no?

I'm not suggesting that Uganda and M7 are unfairly accused in that "Report". Hell, we have been doing just about the same in GoSS, Ogaden, Zoomaliya and "other places" for over a decade - not the plunder and pillaging. It is simplistic to assume Ugandan National Interests end at Katuna or Busia. I have a problem with the Authors of this "Report" and the timing of this "Report"

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian on Sun Nov 04 2012, 20:24

IMO since TEA has no visible moderators, admin should allow posts that express cynism against geopolitical analysis with questionable motives without conjecture or academic like exchanges. @ON it is needful and you reserve the right to keep the forum tidy, but the UN report is just a talking point and is a phase that will fizzle out very soon. And you should rightly be suspicious. Allow some of us who came late to suck a little more juice from the talking point before the dust finally settles.

Right now UPDF commanders together with Rwandan Chief of Defence staff and Minister for defence are burdened with heavy accusations of aiding rebel forces (M23 rebels) effectively "annexe" mineral rich Eastern DRC. The report has gone low to the extent of describing how UPDF commanders are collaborating with rebel forces in east congo. Such reports are periodically floated as recently witnessed when Khartoum was accused of arming and supporting LRA rebels, which was highly supported and became popular with Kampala. UPDF did not see that coming, but a valid question might be asked; will UPDF stick to their guns and continue with their military incursion in Somalia or will the report make them pullout to pursue their alleged armament process of rebel forces in Congo? Whichever way you look at it, it looks as if UPDF is doing a thankless job in Mogadishu.

If you have been following this blog, sometime back during the initial stages of OLN a UPDF forummer carelessly asserted that KDF military commander/generals were diverting funds for driving LN into their pockets. In simple terms they were alluding corruption.

Batian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 05 2012, 09:33

[quote="mekatilili"]
ole Nkarei wrote:
countersniper wrote:so who will blink first?
i think if OBAMA BEATS the politically acrobatic MEAT ROMINGNY next Tuesday he will talk sense back into museveni

What has been Obama's positive impact on Africans? Has he bested George Bush? Has he outmatched Bill Clinton in Africa? Do Africans have a stake in his reelection? Have we leveraged anything at all from this Kenya President of the USA? Has Africa really felt his presence? Beyond the feel-good nostalgia of a Black man in the White House?

As one of those Americans that voted for Obama and intend to vote for him again on Tuesday let me be the first to tell you he is the president of the United States of America and not Kenya or Africa. The idea that he owes Africans something or should have presented Africans some policies to sort out the mess on the mother continent is silly to say the least.

What he has done in "Merica" in the face of republican obstructionism is what we judge him by. Our economy is rebounding with 170K jobs created last month alone and it's a slow but steady path. Remember, Clinton was not facing a recession and benifited greatly from the tech boom of the 90s. What is of importance right now is saving jobs IN Ohio, Pennsylvania-here.

The issue of race should not be taken lightly and I can assure you the American voter(at least 49% -HA) does not have that dangerous fixation on race so knock that off. I do not agree with 100% of his foreign policy but he is not the "muscle man in chief" the republicans seek. On Tuesday, at least 281 electoral votes for Obama and we can move FOWARD.

While I am still riding the skids of the little Gunship, lemme take a a gentle crack at my brother Mekatilili.

The discussion points in my post above are specific to Africa. And that isn't to imply that Obama is an African President nor that he owes any debt to Africa. Specifically the impact his presidency has had on Africa comparative to his two recent predecessors - they were not "Africa's Presidents" neither. And in direct consequence, what Africa's stake is in his re-election. Beyond the feel-good association of Africa to Obama's race.

You give insight to Obama's re-election within the context of it being an American Election. That is all very well. But entirely out of the suggested discussion points. The discussion is derailed consequently because there is no geopolitical relevance in your response. It doesn't energies an Africa-centric debate on Obama's re-election.

@Vitruvian - wherefor hast thou gone?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobooz on Mon Nov 05 2012, 18:28

these pages have fallen silent today. if this continues we might be forced to scramble red berets to look for deserters!

Kobooz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili on Mon Nov 05 2012, 22:58

[quote="ole Nkarei"]
mekatilili wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:
countersniper wrote:so who will blink first?
i think if OBAMA BEATS the politically acrobatic MEAT ROMINGNY next Tuesday he will talk sense back into museveni

What has been Obama's positive impact on Africans? Has he bested George Bush? Has he outmatched Bill Clinton in Africa? Do Africans have a stake in his reelection? Have we leveraged anything at all from this Kenya President of the USA? Has Africa really felt his presence? Beyond the feel-good nostalgia of a Black man in the White House?

As one of those Americans that voted for Obama and intend to vote for him again on Tuesday let me be the first to tell you he is the president of the United States of America and not Kenya or Africa. The idea that he owes Africans something or should have presented Africans some policies to sort out the mess on the mother continent is silly to say the least.

What he has done in "Merica" in the face of republican obstructionism is what we judge him by. Our economy is rebounding with 170K jobs created last month alone and it's a slow but steady path. Remember, Clinton was not facing a recession and benifited greatly from the tech boom of the 90s. What is of importance right now is saving jobs IN Ohio, Pennsylvania-here.

The issue of race should not be taken lightly and I can assure you the American voter(at least 49% -HA) does not have that dangerous fixation on race so knock that off. I do not agree with 100% of his foreign policy but he is not the "muscle man in chief" the republicans seek. On Tuesday, at least 281 electoral votes for Obama and we can move FOWARD.

While I am still riding the skids of the little Gunship, lemme take a a gentle crack at my brother Mekatilili.

The discussion points in my post above are specific to Africa. And that isn't to imply that Obama is an African President nor that he owes any debt to Africa. Specifically the impact his presidency has had on Africa comparative to his two recent predecessors - they were not "Africa's Presidents" neither. And in direct consequence, what Africa's stake is in his re-election. Beyond the feel-good association of Africa to Obama's race.

You give insight to Obama's re-election within the context of it being an American Election. That is all very well. But entirely out of the suggested discussion points. The discussion is derailed consequently because there is no geopolitical relevance in your response. It doesn't energies an Africa-centric debate on Obama's re-election.

@Vitruvian - wherefor hast thou gone?

That was my point. It has been a domestic presidency devoid of the muscling and grand standing that is the hallmark of Republican leadership.

These are different times; the American economy is slowly recovering from the worst recession since the economic downturn that preceded The Great Depression in 1930s. The country is 16 trillion dollars in debt thanks to the military adventures and mismanagement by Bush and his cronies. I do not expect any grand move towards Africa until the problems here are resolved. All the same Kenya is still among the top recipients of American Aid a gesture of support and friendship with a direct impact on regional politics.

mekatilili

View user profile http://my254.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 06 2012, 10:15

Even closer home, the just concluded election in Zoomalia had immense implications way beyond Zoomaliya. Just as is the Political evolution of the Sudan. Or the situation in the Eastern DRC. Uganda cannot be expected to be unconcerned with Kenya's Political journey. In like manner is the implications to Africa of the American Presidential contest. Because policies and developments in one country are not restricted to the imaginary lines on a map that define that country.

Purely from a professional stand point, I am unconcerned with the internal dynamics in the American politics. My concern is just simply how the results of the American Presidential Vote will impact on Kenya, this "Kenyana" region. In Obama's reelection, it is the impact to Kenyana of his incumbency that I seek to put to comparison both with the expectations in Kenyana and the impact of his two predecessors on Kenyana. From this,simulations, projections are made and policy-suggestions drawn.

You Americans, @Mekatilili, can vote for whomever you please. Your justifications are your shauri yenu. I shall still analyze your choice against what impact that choice shall possibly have on Kenya's Strategic geopolitical and economic interest in Kenyana.

The same will apply with any other political system that has influence on strategic developments in Kenyana. China is about to make sweeping generational changes in their leadership this month that have very immense importance to this region.

Back to top Go down

UG's protest letter to UNSC - Plot thickens

Post  mogen on Tue Nov 06 2012, 10:19

Interesting stuff indeed.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Uganda+stabbed+in+back+by+UN+report+minister/-/1066/1612784/-/item/1/-/168ahnz/-/index.html

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Analyst on Tue Nov 06 2012, 10:53

Uganda bargaining chip is Somalia.
They have won this one ..."checkmate"...
Now we have to watch out for internal security issues as the Uganda political landscape takes a be shape.
Their geopolitical value has to remain relevant

Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili on Tue Nov 06 2012, 16:31

[quote]

ole Nkarei wrote:Purely from a professional stand point, I am unconcerned with the internal dynamics in the American politics. My concern is just simply how the results of the American Presidential Vote will impact on Kenya, this "Kenyana" region. In Obama's reelection, it is the impact to Kenyana of his incumbency that I seek to put to comparison both with the expectations in Kenyana and the impact of his two predecessors on Kenyana. From this,simulations, projections are made and policy-suggestions drawn.quote]

Aha! The “ounce of arrogance” that the China Policy has afforded you! One would therefore expect you to chart your own path instead of feverishly awaiting for some sort of kick back.

mekatilili

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili on Tue Nov 06 2012, 17:16

Why do we insist on rationalizing what Uganda is doing in Somalia? It is no secret that all the parties are there for their own self interest and this is not a regional mission for regional goals. Each country is in Somalia to safeguard their individual economic interests and to gain regional glory! Some may try to paint this as a selfless regional undertaking that will benefit the people of Somalia but it is in fact an attempt to create a regional hegemony.

Uganda’s actions should therefore be viewed for what they are. They have a bargaining chip and are using it as they continue to destabilize the Congo. Kenya hosts the camps and will pay the ultimate price if Museveni is given the room.

mekatilili

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 06 2012, 18:12

hello folks, uniforms and amatuers. salutations to the council of elders etc.Newbie alert!!! anyway am not really a newbie,i have been following this forum for months (just watching). thought i should introduce myself before i head back to the sidelines. that is, till i have anything sensible to say

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 06 2012, 18:58

Welcome @glockman. Feel at home. Btw - which is your favorite Glock and why?

@Mekatilili - my discussion points had nothing else but Obama explicitly and implicitly intended. China Policy is a tangential discussion for another time. Arrogance? Aw come on, man!

Of course everyone including Obama is in Zoomaliya primarily to assuage individual National interests. There are no altruistic intentions that require seeing your young to fight a foreign war whether in self-de fence or for expansionism. . Geopolitics is finding or building commonalities in several Nation's National Interests in a shared environment - in simple terms. So that AMISOM responds to EAC interest in this region, which are adopted by those financing AMISOM as also being in their National Interests.

Sasa jibu swali au uiwache swali. Ndo twendelee.

Back to top Go down

Post  mekatilili on Tue Nov 06 2012, 20:30

ole Nkarei wrote:Welcome @glockman. Feel at home. Btw - which is your favorite Glock and why?

@Mekatilili - my discussion points had nothing else but Obama explicitly and implicitly intended. China Policy is a tangential discussion for another time. Arrogance? Aw come on, man!

Of course everyone including Obama is in Zoomaliya primarily to assuage individual National interests. There are no altruistic intentions that require seeing your young to fight a foreign war whether in self-de fence or for expansionism. . Geopolitics is finding or building commonalities in several Nation's National Interests in a shared environment - in simple terms. So that AMISOM responds to EAC interest in this region, which are adopted by those financing AMISOM as also being in their National Interests.

Yes, arrogance= National Arrogance! (It is a good thing too)

Yes, we are all driven by national interests. You are also aware that the Ugandans & Kenyans do not subscribe to the same ideology and Somalia is another board game. The pesky poster is the only one singling out Museveni and he is battered for that. Are we going to stand by him as he destabilizes the DRC?

I would rather join the twerp parade!

mekatilili

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 07 2012, 09:11

This commentary by reporter Charles Onyango Obbo just landed on my funny desk is a fairly informed reading from a newspaper warrior. Generally speaking very appropriately spot-on.

http://www.monitor.co.ug/OpEd/OpEdColumnists/CharlesOnyangoObbo/Uganda+s+threat+to+quit+Somalia++and+theft+/-/878504/1613344/-/9cmkksz/-/index.html

The world have moved though it does sometimes seem a lot of Africans have not moved with it for fear or the unknown or the comfort in the known. Regardless, from where I am standing, I am clear what the pyramid of our geopolitical considerations as Kenya and Kenyana lie - and that is at the left shoulder of Uganda in this regard and strengthening whatever institutions we have created that enhance our rapprochement and increased independence from our erstwhile tormentors. These sporadic but predictable flash-points that have distracted us for fifty years are foreign in their instigation and management because Africa has been disunited and weak. We can resolve them to our mutual advantages within the considerations of what Kenyana has created (a) political structures such as IGAD/ expanded EAC (b) Military structure such as the EAC Standby Brigade that formed AMISOM, (c) umbrella Africa Union that synergizes and bridges the other global political bodies with Kenyana.

Back to top Go down

Post  aggressor one on Wed Nov 07 2012, 09:20

mekatilili wrote:

ole Nkarei wrote:Welcome @glockman. Feel at home. Btw - which is your favorite Glock and why?

Yes, arrogance= National Arrogance! (It is a good thing too)

Yes, we are all driven by national interests. You are also aware that the Ugandans & Kenyans do not subscribe to the same ideology and Somalia is another board game. The pesky poster is the only one singling out Museveni and he is battered for that. Are we going to stand by him as he destabilizes the DRC?

I would rather join the twerp parade!

Mekatali, there is no evidence that Uganda is destablising the DRC. Rather, evidence available is that Uganda has been putting in many hours to try and bring some peace in DRC. Since August, President Museveni as the chair of the IGAD initiative in the DRC has held three key meetings with regional leaders and everybody-apart from those 'stand up comedians' alias UN experts was appreciating this fact. It was Museveni who for once brought Kagame and Kabila on the same table and they talked.

By the way, the target of the leak was not even Uganda, the leak was done a few days before the UN voted on whether Rwanda should join the UN security council. The instigators of this leak-(French and Belgians) thought that it will help voters reject Rwanda, but Rwanda won the seat anyway. It was easy for the French to get this leaked because one of the 'Experts' is actually from France.

aggressor one

View user profile

Back to top Go down

KENYAN AMISOM CONTINGENT ALLOWS CHARCOAL EXPORT

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 07 2012, 09:28

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2012/11/201211662514769781.html

so apparently the kenyan contingent allowed charcoal export from kismayu.will they not harm relations with the somalia govt, amisom & UN? could the money from the sale be used to prop-up ras-kamboni & other kenya-friendly groups?

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Wed Nov 07 2012, 11:42

ole Nkarei wrote:This commentary by reporter Charles Onyango Obbo just landed on my funny desk is a fairly informed reading from a newspaper warrior. Generally speaking very appropriately spot-on.

http://www.monitor.co.ug/OpEd/OpEdColumnists/CharlesOnyangoObbo/Uganda+s+threat+to+quit+Somalia++and+theft+/-/878504/1613344/-/9cmkksz/-/index.html

Vintage Obbo, always conjuring teachable moments out of the unfortunate goings-on around us. Like Rahm Emmanuel (Obama's former Chief-of-staff once said,'Never let a crisis go to waste'.

And talking of Obama, I am so relieved he scrapped through. There are many who felt disappointed with his first term. I am not one of them. He's the prez of all Americans and couldn't afford to be seen to be paying too much attention to Black/African/Kenyan/Kenyana issues. Even Bush had to wait till his last term to push through his PEPFAR agenda (funding for TB and AIDS in Africa).

We now have his undivided attention, for better or for worse Laughing

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mbaine on Wed Nov 07 2012, 16:41

Spartan wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:This commentary by reporter Charles
Onyango Obbo just landed on my funny desk is a fairly informed reading
from a newspaper warrior. Generally speaking very appropriately spot-on.

Vintage
Obbo, always conjuring teachable moments out of the unfortunate
goings-on around us. Like Rahm Emmanuel (Obama's former Chief-of-staff
once said,'Never let a crisis go to waste'.

And talking of
Obama, I am so relieved he scrapped through. There are many who felt
disappointed with his first term. I am not one of them. He's the prez of
all Americans and couldn't afford to be seen to be paying too much
attention to Black/African/Kenyan/Kenyana issues. Even Bush had to wait
till his last term to push through his PEPFAR agenda (funding for TB and
AIDS in Africa).

We now have his undivided
attention, for better or for worse
Laughing

We and the whole world apparently.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120558/Obama-open-mic-Microphones-pick-U-S-President-boasting-Medvedev-winning-reelection.html
With China also changing leadership in this season and a freer handed Obama,
I wonder what this portends for the region. What I do know is that
there are interesting times ahead for us. Eagle vs Dragon will be
definitely causing rumbles in this jungle.

Mbaine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MWAURA on Wed Nov 07 2012, 18:46

Yes,tuambie! Personally I don't like 9 millies and prefer at least 45 though a 357 or a 40 would be ideal. The best bet would be a 10mm though you'd have to import it yourself or via a friend.
If you have been following this blog, sometime back during the initial
stages of OLN a UPDF forummer carelessly asserted that KDF military
commander/generals were diverting funds for driving LN into their
pockets. In simple terms they were alluding corruption.
Thank you for reminding of that extremely unfortunate episode. This place looked like a primary school playground that week! Then when people raise researched posts not to their liking they scream RAPE!

MWAURA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Batian on Wed Nov 07 2012, 19:49

MWAURA wrote:

Yes,tuambie! Personally I don't like 9 millies and prefer at least 45 though a 357 or a 40 would be ideal. The best bet would be a 10mm though you'd have to import it yourself or via a friend.
If you have been following this blog, sometime back during the initial
stages of OLN a UPDF forummer carelessly asserted that KDF military
commander/generals were diverting funds for driving LN into their
pockets. In simple terms they were alluding corruption.
Thank you for reminding of that extremely unfortunate episode. This place looked like a primary school playground that week! Then when people raise researched posts not to their liking they scream RAPE!

Some of our bros from Acholi-land have proven they cannot with-stand some friendly flak...but they will dart some...my idea was Just setting the records straight about the imbalance.

Batian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kismayo so close yet so far

Post  mogen on Thu Nov 08 2012, 17:23

Interesting experience of journalists who want to 'tour' Kismayo but can't. They say, maybe KDF is hiding something.
if so, what is it?

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/blog/africa/so-close-yet-so-far-kismayo?utm_content=blogs&utm_campaign=Trial4&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=socialflow&utm_medium=tweet

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:55

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top