Kenya Defence Force

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kenya Defence Force

Post  Flying Crane on Mon Jun 13 2011, 14:44

Anyway we should consider it a mile stone for the army from the Thyssen Henschel UR-416 http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1087.html
to the M26 !!!
http://www.groundsystems-index.com/details.php?id=5102
see the heading in the website “OTT Armoured Vehicles
Affiliated to or a Subsidiary of Surplus Warehouse (Pty) Ltd” a Surplus Warehouse

oh just rembered the Thyssen Henschel UR-416 was also a police type APC. So to nafata nyayo again.

If our boys were given Kenyas economy .lolo!!! we would have be the regional power in Africa after Egypt. Cause Nigerians are also busy corrupting their army and south Africans are dying of AIDs.

@jasiri you’re a bright kid with a lot of military knowledge in hand. I have seen yo asking about enlisting with KA. My advice; get a college degree and move on to form a career in the civilian live. That Kenya armed forces is so rotten, tribalistic and corrupt. you will be demoralized based on you military knowledge and thinkings which you have and will end up having wasted valuable time. Niskize ndugu yangu.

Flying Crane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 13 2011, 15:22

Flying Crane wrote:Anyway we should consider it a mile stone for the army from the Thyssen Henschel UR-416 http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product1087.html
to the M26 !!!
http://www.groundsystems-index.com/details.php?id=5102
see the heading in the website “OTT Armoured Vehicles
Affiliated to or a Subsidiary of Surplus Warehouse (Pty) Ltd” a Surplus Warehouse

oh just rembered the Thyssen Henschel UR-416 was also a police type APC. So to nafata nyayo again.

If our boys were given Kenyas economy .lolo!!! we would have be the regional power in Africa after Egypt. Cause Nigerians are also busy corrupting their army and south Africans are dying of AIDs.

@jasiri you’re a bright kid with a lot of military knowledge in hand. I have seen yo asking about enlisting with KA. My advice; get a college degree and move on to form a career in the civilian live. That Kenya armed forces is so rotten, tribalistic and corrupt. you will be demoralized based on you military knowledge and thinkings which you have and will end up having wasted valuable time. Niskize ndugu yangu.

Brother Flying Crane, you really ought to stay with the facts which you often flaunt with credibility. Insults are not even a facet of war.
Jasiri is serving already, and I reckon he is righly proud about it.
Would you care to explain how procurement for the UPDF is possible without a finance-trail, or publicly approved expenditure? Or notifications of any sort to any Oversight Agencies?

And without the insults, please!!

I overlooked the annoying statistics for Ethiopia, so here there are.

Country / 2012 Global Budget / Population / % of Kenya's / Foreign factor
Ethiopia / USD,6.954Billion / 83M / 52.68% / 33%

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Mon Jun 13 2011, 16:11

You mean Ethiopia has a national budget way less than ours? Good Lord, kinda makes the questions more urgent.
Crane thanks for your advice, however i do not want this for the love of uniforms or for the salary -as signifacant as it is. I want it for the love of the nation, the same that Jesus said "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother". From my post you can tell that im educated and it's not poverty that's driving me to uniform. Uganda too was here once, maybe you are better off. My question is this though, if as you say "a bright kid with a lot of military knowledge in hand" does not enlist to make the difference who will? coz i sure am not about to let a bunch of retards with "no military knowledge in hand" defend me. i wouldn't trust them.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Mon Jun 13 2011, 17:42

Heeee!!!!!!!!! Crane you have started flapping again.
Guys don’t let this vulture confuse you by comparing our M-26 with their Gila. This two vehicles are mine resistant vehicles belonging to different classes.

The M-26 and the Gila are both category 1 4x4 urban combat vehicles. The M-26 is a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP). the M-26 will be used for patrolling cities in an occupaction. it a patrol vehicle i.e a smaller in dimension and a replacement of Thyssen Henschel UR-416 . The M-26 will not be used as a spear head IFV (infantry fighting vehicle).

The Gila on the other hand; http://eastafrican.userboard.net/t7p15-uganda-peoples-defence-force-updf
is a utility version of the same categories. A Mine Resistant Utility Vehicle (MRUV), a troop transporter, a real APC (armored personnel carrier) more large and roomy a utility vehicle. it is ment for transpoting but it still can fight

diffrent categories of MRAP/MRUV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP#Categories

So don’t mislead guys, Mr. Crane by comparing the two.

mJESHI mMOJA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Mon Jun 13 2011, 17:45

Lastly
the M-26 company offered us an option of mounting an engine of our choice. this came in handy as the engine that we chose, not the TATA one as Crane puts it, exists in our stores. Hence good for our technicians in term of experience, and smooth for the logistic team in terms of spare part.

mJESHI mMOJA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A quest for armor

Post  Risasi on Mon Jun 13 2011, 20:59

For every action that the kDOD undertakes, is adequatly brainstormed and deliberated count on that. Let’s go step by step on a 10year old issue and I believe we all arrive at today decision by the top brass. and if we don’t then we shall have learned a thing or two.

This will also help you Mr Crane. Copy and past the findings, submit it to your top brass and you will earn yourself the rank of a general. ole Nkarei and Mjeshi assist from a distance let the boys square it out kiume.

An Intel report +10 years back goes like this:

Sudan and Ethiopia have planed to increasing their armored unit by threefold. To achieve that target, the Khartoum gov,t has succeeded in convincing China for an under license armor contract deal for the Sudan’s Military Industry Corporation (MIC), http://mic.sd/english/mainen.html. MIC will manufacture Armor i.e tanks, artillery and APC under license from China North Industries Corporation official English name Norinco. The Under license contract also has a secondary part, to circumvent the UN arms embargo. China has been rewarded by a promise of a good share of the south Sudan oil fields that were discovered by the American company Chevron.

By concentrating on cheap locally produce ordnances Sudan avails spare cash for buying complex equipments like aircrafts and helicopter.

The concept seems to be working well. At the moment Sudan has started mass producing the wz551, IFV and APC and moving closer towards a target of 500 pcs. Egypt to has had its share in of contribution to the army. It has by donate 120pcs of the local manfactured Al Walid APC. The aim is to secure a launch pad in sudan against any East African nation that will breech the Nile treaty.

The next item on Sudan’s list of things to do is to mass produce the 'Al Bashier,' a licensed version of the Chinese Type 85M-II tank which is a copy of the Soviet T-62 tank. Sudan’s aim is to grantee a 2:1 tank ratio of any “listed” Main battle Tank (MBT) of its neighbor, Egypt being excluded. At the moment Ethiopia has the highest number of listed MBT in the region, followed by Kenya, Uganda and Chad

The only drawback of the Sudan’s armor is the steel used for manufacturing them. It’s an inferior commercial steel alloy. To counter the inferior skin, the tanks are being cloth in reactive amour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_armour which can be sold to sudan as its a defensive weapon.

Although our MBT are superior in main ways and more reliable, a ratio of 3:1 and not counting their APC will be an over stretch to the armored brigades and the anti tank ground and air squadrons combined.

Gentlemen lets deliberate, pour your opinions:

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 14 2011, 11:23

Sudan has lost its southern oil fields. China is financing the Northern Corridor through Kenya in order to access these oil fields and Kenya has its own plans for SS. The equation has changed somewhat. Why should China continue to support Sudan's arms industry?

Risasi wrote:For every action that the kDOD undertakes, is adequatly brainstormed and deliberated count on that. Let’s go step by step on a 10year old issue and I believe we all arrive at today decision by the top brass. and if we don’t then we shall have learned a thing or two.

This will also help you Mr Crane. Copy and past the findings, submit it to your top brass and you will earn yourself the rank of a general. ole Nkarei and Mjeshi assist from a distance let the boys square it out kiume.

Sudan and Ethiopia have planed to increasing their armored unit by threefold. To achieve that target, the Khartoum gov,t has succeeded in convincing China for an under license armor contract deal for the Sudan’s Military Industry Corporation (MIC), http://mic.sd/english/mainen.html. MIC will manufacture Armor i.e tanks, artillery and APC under license from China North Industries Corporation official English name Norinco. The Under license contract also has a secondary part, to circumvent the UN arms embargo. China has been rewarded by a promise of a good share of the south Sudan oil fields that were discovered by the American company Chevron.

By concentrating on cheap locally produce ordnances Sudan avails spare cash for buying complex equipments like aircrafts and helicopter.

The concept seems to be working well. At the moment Sudan has started mass producing the wz551, IFV and APC and moving closer towards a target of 500 pcs. Egypt to has had its share in of contribution to the army. It has by donate 120pcs of the local manfactured Al Walid APC. The aim is to secure a launch pad in sudan against any East African nation that will breech the Nile treaty.

The next item on Sudan’s list of things to do is to mass produce the 'Al Bashier,' a licensed version of the Chinese Type 85M-II tank which is a copy of the Soviet T-62 tank. Sudan’s aim is to grantee a 2:1 tank ratio of any “listed” Main battle Tank (MBT) of its neighbor, Egypt being excluded. At the moment Ethiopia has the highest number of listed MBT in the region, followed by Kenya, Uganda and Chad

The only drawback of the Sudan’s armor is the steel used for manufacturing them. It’s an inferior commercial steel alloy. To counter the inferior skin, the tanks are being cloth in reactive amour. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_armour which can be sold to sudan as its a defensive weapon.

Although our MBT are superior in main ways and more reliable, a ratio of 3:1 and not counting their APC will be an over stretch to the armored brigades and the anti tank ground and air squadrons combined.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Tue Jun 14 2011, 14:22

Vitruvian wrote:Sudan has lost its southern oil fields. China is financing the Northern Corridor through Kenya in order to access these oil fields and Kenya has its own plans for SS. The equation has changed somewhat. Why should China continue to support Sudan's arms industry?

Risasi wrote:For every action that the kDOD undertakes, is adequatly brainstormed and deliberated count on that. Let’s go step by step on a 10year old issue and I believe we all arrive at today decision by the top brass. and if we don’t then we shall have learned a thing or two.

Vitruvian, the devil is in the detail. THis is a 10 YEAR OLD INTELL BRIEFFING. Now dou you understand why the sudanese are "grabbing" the fields? they have armour they can't pay for they have every one pissed mad abt them and they can't re-arm coz they have no oil to pay for it. Now that's what i call caught between a rock and a hard place.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:12

jasiri wrote:
Vitruvian wrote:Sudan has lost its southern oil fields. China is financing the Northern Corridor through Kenya in order to access these oil fields and Kenya has its own plans for SS. The equation has changed somewhat. Why should China continue to support Sudan's arms industry?

Vitruvian, the devil is in the detail. THis is a 10 YEAR OLD INTELL BRIEFFING. Now dou you understand why the sudanese are "grabbing" the fields? they have armour they can't pay for they have every one pissed mad abt them and they can't re-arm coz they have no oil to pay for it. Now that's what i call caught between a rock and a hard place.

Indeed, as I say the equation has changed. I was answering Risasi's call to deliberate the matter.

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:37

Pole, didn't get that one. Embarassed

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane on Tue Jun 14 2011, 19:48

I don’t think you lads get the whole story. This is real Military Case study. Risasi has presented as with thesis that is really. I haven’t come a cross it but I think other UDPF members might have. If what I understand is correct, form his statement “ole Nkarei and Mjeshi assist from a distance let the boys square it out kiume”.

he wants us to deliberate like military minds and not politicians ,on how we would deal with the military of Sudan. I will try and contact a few friends and see what they will have to say.

Flying Crane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sisal Makonge on Tue Jun 14 2011, 20:47

If this was the situation then I will go by increasing our anti tank capabilities. I will go form more apc and tanks to be in the footing with my adversaries.

Sisal Makonge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 15 2011, 12:02

Sisal Makonge wrote:If this was the situation then I will go by increasing our anti tank capabilities. I will go form more apc and tanks to be in the footing with my adversaries.

The game is after all “”MILITARY HARDWARE PROCUREMENT”” and this cannot be effected on empty air, or soap bubbles that dissipate after appearance, by gawd!! If Ethiopia burns just under USD250Million (a full 3.6% of her National Budget, for-crying-out-loud!!) on the procurement of ON JUST ONE STORES ITEM (200 MBTs), how can anyone be as blind as not discern the obvious elliptical shape this creates to her entire Defense Spending??

An MBT is not just a track-wheeled scrap-metal-type heap with a turret – there is a hell of a lot more to it than just that one piece of equipment . Hell, Risasi seats alone in the cockpit, but in reality he flies with nearly 20 other committed hard-working soldiers on that Jet-fighter!! It is not an AKM74, brother Spartan.
I can state categorically that Kenya will stop COLD more than three times that number Sudan has fielded 150KILOMETRES deep (inside Sudan, yea!!) without breaking into any sweat!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Wed Jun 15 2011, 22:07

What Sisal says is an option in a brainstorming discussion. Expand the army to deal with the swelling Sudanese army. ole Nkarei having the experience and training at office, know exactly what it take to do so. Expanding the forces over night is not cheap. It takes 5,000USD to manage a Kenya soldier per month. Salary, Food, medical, routine, training etc. and we still haven,t talked about the support staff that will have to be est. the USD5000 per person is a perpetual amount ,it has to come from a definite location every month every year. to do that you either have to increase your taxes or devalue your currency to earn more green bucks.

Any more suggestion? Laughing Laughing

mJESHI mMOJA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Thu Jun 16 2011, 12:29

mJESHI mMOJA wrote:What Sisal says is an option in a brainstorming discussion. Expand the army to deal with the swelling Sudanese army. ole Nkarei having the experience and training at office, know exactly what it take to do so. Expanding the forces over night is not cheap. It takes 5,000USD to manage a Kenya soldier per month. Salary, Food, medical, routine, training etc. and we still haven,t talked about the support staff that will have to be est. the USD5000 per person is a perpetual amount ,it has to come from a definite location every month every year. to do that you either have to increase your taxes or devalue your currency to earn more green bucks.

Any more suggestion? Laughing Laughing

While agreeing with you, it is worth to note that Ethiopia is much poorer than Kenya yet it has a military force five times bigger than Kenya's and the largest tank force in the region. Question is how do they afford their upkeep? What is more, Ethiopian military is among the strongest forces in Africa.They even have 4th generation SU-27s which we don't have.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Thu Jun 16 2011, 13:53

If i was the one calling the shots, first we re equip n expand our ACB(Air Calv) choppers with more punch and agility like the Tiger, Mangusta, Appache(my least favourite) could be inducted into the mix. Second, we commission accurate long range arty. Third, we modernise our existing tanks; new engines on the vickers mk.3, new FCS(Fire Control System) redisigned turret, some passive armour(the Israelis diplayed it's effectivenes with the Magach 7 when it defeated 18 At-3 Saggers fired from hizbollah, this anti-tank rounds are still being used in the region) new gun(i preffer the rheinmettal one on the leopard 2). The resultant machine would be as good as 5 T-72's i dare say. fourth, we could sap up some of our APC's, fit some HJ-8 or if we are lucky Hellfire missile launchers on the turrets and we have succcessfully multiplied our armoured force gents.

Before any war begins, there's obviously some troop concentrations. Here men and equipment alike mass together either for supllies, or intell. here's where our long range arty comes into play. we cause havoc in their camps and so we force them to plan back. That done, we overstretch their capabilities and limits the manouvers they can conduct on the field. Naturally some APC do not have the range the tanks have. this APC's are what mostly constitutes air cover for the tank formation. with a reduced ant-air threat our air calv can now move in and pluck out the most formidable targets and leave the rest to be chewed by our upgraded tank units from 78th and 82nd and Anti-Tank APC's. Meanwhile assuming that Risasi and crew have achieved aerial supperiority over the battle fields, they can now be tasked with taking out the enemy fuel/ammunition dumps and field command centres. Now their mobility is crippled and they can't co-ordinate a counter attack, or organised retreat we now unleash the 82nd and 78th to fully cripple them.

Proffesional soldiers, please add more or correct where i was too optimistic.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 16 2011, 17:05

As I'm not familiar with the nitty gritty of this business, mine are questions rather than answers.
Given our resources, the Tigers, Mangusta and Apaches come at a prohibitive price and although top-of-the-range (or because of it) they might be overkill in this arena. Are the W-Z9s not more than suitable (Risasi)? We would need more than just a handful. And what of India's HAL LCH in terms of price and performance. Anyone with info on that?
Would it not make more sense to purchase additional T-72s or even T-84s (or better) rather than upgrade the Vickers? Again, I guess it would come down to price vs performance. And how would IFVs fit in? Inferior to MBTs but quicker and more agile. And cheaper?
Also, Risasi & Co. might be hard pressed to gain air superiority with the current fleet and there's still no sight of those F-15s. I reckon we can stop counting on them until further notice. Lacking professional insight, it seems to me that many of our neighbours have a significant advantage over us. Even if we are able to use ground-based systems to deny the enemy air superiority, we would lack the same without an appropriate air fleet. As the enemy is also likely to have AA systems, we might require aircraft with SEAD capability(?).
Finally, my understanding is that in conflict, war must be taken to the enemy. With our current troop levels, we'd have to stretch them very thin.
Jasiri, sorry for being more critical and less constructive. Just playing the devil's advocate. Pros, jump on board.

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Thu Jun 16 2011, 22:26

Gentlemen thanks you for your contributions. Let’s agree that they will be no winners or victors in these sessions and we should have fun. And secondly let’s chew what we can swallow and be considerate on our FY outputs when we give our suggestions.

More info:
At that at this point of time the kDOD had taken steps in a restructuring program. It was recruiting less in order to redesign the army into a smaller skillful efficient force. Enlarging the unit would oppose the program.

this is how Ethiopia managed its side.
As per them the armor ratio (3:1) was not a seriously issue if they had air Superiority. Take out the Sudanese MiG29 and give impunity to their Su25 (tank killers) and Mi-24 choppers to roam the sky with easy to slaughter the opponents tanks. The ratio would then fall and the armor brigades will have a fair challenge.
the Su27 fighter rated more advanced then the MiG29 was procured.

Tomorrow we will discus on each individual posting so for.

The above info will answer Mr sisal and aid some esp. Olekoima. lastly Can ole Nkarei share with the forum and Olekoima on the Ethiopia vs Kenya budgets with respect to the military standings
Thanks guys

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 17 2011, 12:51

Any large-scale geopolitical Armed Conflict in this part of Africa will (a) invariably not be conclusively fought at an initial stage, likely to stagnant into a loose stalemate of sorts, (b) be multi-national (African and International) multi-threatre as vested interests are progressively clarified (see the two recent Congo Wars), (c) will require a substantial depth of mobilisation and prior preparation. There appears little possibility at the present moment for a one-on-one armed conflict in the IGAD.

Ergo, current Force-Projections, if war was fought in the IGAD grouping, might hold little substance. What are recognisable determinants are
(1) the propensity of each Economy to convert to General Mobilisation by duration and extent,
(2) present depth of preparation and planning ( War plans, Intell structures and abilities, Training to depth and extent, Equipment /Structures of Command, Comms, Control, Armed Formations ,
(3 Multi-lateral Defence arrangements generally informed by clear Vested Interests.

There are many others that are in play too.

Now, cursory examination of the Political statements on Spending Intentions, this year and backtracking a few years also, should be clearly indicative of the individual preparedness of the IGAD countries to a generalised armed conflict.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 17 2011, 20:25

You're a killjoy, Tom. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Sat Jun 18 2011, 08:34

Thanks for the advice bwana ole Nkarei.

Now back to the matter at hand.
I have been advice to rate your suggestions based on the info at the prevailing time. The ratings that I will give will be based on the submitted suggestions vise vie if the KDOD has done or did that at that time. This is how its going to be. suppose you suggested that the Kenya gov,t was to purchase 2 bullets in order to deal with the situation and 2 bullets were indeed purchase for the isssue then your suggestion will be reflected as a 5/5. I will also consider realistic and enterprising opinions
We are in the year 2000 and deliberating on a cropped up situation. gentlemen here are my ratings.

3/5 for jasiri
4/5 for Vitruvian
2/5 for sisal

@ Olekoima
Military standings are a theoretical aspect derived from statistics. It’s not an ideal representative of the situation.
for instant in FiFa standings José Mourinho will be the best coach this year due to the number of trophy he has won so far. But is he? If was given a team of his choice will get a straight win in all matches if not most matches?

Statistics are analysis based on criteria and will give a picture of an assumed and not the real truth,

mJESHI mMOJA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi on Mon Jun 20 2011, 09:19

I have no problem in discussions but Risasi you never finish or give out comes to any “assignments” that you post on the blog. A good example is when you asked jasiri to deliberate on the Tanzania SAM’s we never got to know the out comes, or whether what he said was correct.

Balozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Mon Jun 20 2011, 11:59

@ mJESHI mMOJA I am surprised on how you arrived at those results according to me Vitruvian was in doubt rather then giving suggestions.

After further Intel gathering and watching the said military’s annually exercise which were done in bits and pieces, we concluded that;

The Sudan top brass had borrowed a leaf from General Schwarzkopfs plan during the Gulf war and intend to use it as a master plan with minor adjustments suited for each neighbor.

the plan/assault/invasion could take two routes depending on the perceived danger and weakness of his enemy. two task forces will be assemble +/-100 km apart in tandem. If his enemy was weak at his head units, then an overwhelmingly swam force a push by the forward task force joined by the rear task force will be conducted.

But the truth was The “overwhelming” plan was actually a dummy for the real attack to be. The real plan which was in favor as in the Gulf war, was to convince the enemy to believe that a head on confrontation was imminent. While he is distracted move the rear task force at lighting speeds along the border turning encircling the enemy and hit him at his weak points the flank and rear. Supply line would eventually fall. Thereafter a constant bombardings and insufficient supplies will make the head units to surrender or disintegrate.

the mass produced 500 pcs IFV and tanks would be used for an fast attack and encircling.
Any other suggestion be we call off the case study.

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Mon Jun 20 2011, 12:11

A step by step plan of Stormin’ Norman’s assault during the gulf war.

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 20 2011, 13:06

Risasi wrote:A step by step plan of Stormin’ Norman’s assault during the gulf war.

I concur, Bullet-man. A bit over the top of most, but lets see what debate this generates.

Mjesha threw in a 'flash-banger' iin our midst and I am like you reeling from the effects of it!! Probably Vitruvian could decipher the meaning he intended! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  mzalendo on Mon Jun 20 2011, 14:39

With the above Intel I would also pose the same as my enermy ; two tasks force one behind the other. But my rear task force will bulky consist of long range artillery system. On my flanks I would plant in spotters that would send coordinates to the rear artillery units to take out any possible attackers from the flanks. That will be my plan

mzalendo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Flying Crane on Tue Jun 21 2011, 10:41

Bwana mzalendo, your plan can be executed if the armor columns are slow moving Or negotiating tough terrain coz by the time you send coordinate to the artillery units, the convey would have moved on.

Flying Crane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mzalendo on Tue Jun 21 2011, 16:57

@flying crane
In such an instant the BM21 multi rocket system would come very handy. A battery of BM21 can deliver 300 rockets each having either anti-personnel or antitank mines warheads at a range of 30 kilometers all in a in a single volley.

hapa pani mtu baada ya huu mzinga kutuwa

mzalendo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Tue Jun 21 2011, 17:45

a video clip of the gulf storm raid. Code name; desert storm The MIG29 would get the air superiority needed and the rest would be a mirror image of the Gulf war.

after 1:50min of the clip a similar plan to the case study above is discussed in detail. The main offence was so fast that it lasted 100hrs

the left hook.

mJESHI mMOJA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Wed Jun 22 2011, 10:59

After going through the Intel and deliberations, modernization was decided as the imminent way forward at that time. “Sharpening” the existing tools in the shade to give a large punch was the best option. it requires less training and funds as compared to buying brand new equipments. all tanks and anti-tank units were modernized. Petrol Engines were replacement by diesel engines. Fire control systems were modernized to laser accuracy systems for one shoot one kill fast moves. Fast, accurate and reliable was the key in this upgrade.

Second decision was also executed.
1. Injure the beast, make it bleed and limp. The prevailing civil war was geared up. bleeding made the beast shed off its vital energy. Attrition claimed the equipments while battle deaths gave loss of valuable manpower.

2. Partition the country and create a buffer and safety zone. A zone was created which gave birth to the modern day GoSS.

Gentlemen these were decision which were within our budgets at that time and conformed to the restructuring programs of a smaller highly skilled army that had been launched. Compare the execution with your answers to see how close you are in military planning and doctrine. Always strive to keep plans as simple as possible for the betterment of many.

Any questions?

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 34 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top