REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 16 2013, 14:27

Francois got his backside kicked really bad with big brother Sammy watching. He will not try again unless in large brute force and big brother Sammy fully engaged and leading. So, leave the bloody African savages to blood-let each other all they want - equip and pay them to get on with it. Typical and predictable.

Olekoima wrote:
Risasi wrote:Sssssssssssssssh!!! Pesa itatoka sasa Very Happy “let those African boys finish the mission”

QuestionQuestionQuestionQuestionQuestion

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Wed Jan 16 2013, 14:38

Spartan wrote:Found myself agreeing with the Shabaab for once. Reacting to the furor caused by the posting of the image of the dead French commando, the Shabaab propagandists wondered why no such indignation occured when images of dead Ugandan, Burundian and Kenyan troops were posted. Then the clincher - they wondered whether it's because they are Black?
I second that. It seems ethics and human rights are relative. French air strikes in Mali have resulted in the deaths of 28 civilians. A K.N.S shell that killed six civilians almost got us dragged to the Hague. U wonder if in our case the civies were more dead than theirs.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Seen this story on the tall one "The case against Rwanda's president Paul Kagame"

Post  edmuiru on Wed Jan 16 2013, 14:40

It seems some one is after fixing the tall one. Have a read
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2013/01/13/the-case-against-rwanda-s-president-paul-kagame.html

edmuiru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Wed Jan 16 2013, 16:17

French deploy same type of APCs in MALI like the ones used by kdf in operation linda inchi.

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/French-ground-troops-prepare-to-battle-Islamists/-/1066/1666814/-/lfjnp3z/-/index.html

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 16 2013, 16:47

countersniper wrote:French deploy same type of APCs in MALI like the ones used by kdf in operation linda inchi.
l

@ countersniper panhards ni mali ya francois so don't be surprised if he deploys it

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Wed Jan 16 2013, 19:23

ole Nkarei wrote:Francois got his backside kicked really bad with big brother Sammy watching. He will not try again unless in large brute force and big brother Sammy fully engaged and leading. So, leave the bloody African savages to blood-let each other all they want - equip and pay them to get on with it. Typical and predictable.

Olekoima wrote:
Risasi wrote:Sssssssssssssssh!!! Pesa itatoka sasa Very Happy “let those African boys finish the mission”

Understand now Olekoima… kuna pesa ya OLN haija lipwa by the UNSC ..so they might opt we (KDF) finish OLN and flash out those pockets of resistance, but first before we do that nilazima they pay outstanding bills of the OLN….

@ON why do I have that funny feeling that Sammy watched and waiting for things to happen to the Francois.

@blog the French Ops involved an Amphibious assault ship (LHD) helicopter carrier, 4 puma helicopters and 2 tiger gunships +1000km

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  countersniper on Wed Jan 16 2013, 21:44

Risasi wrote:
ole Nkarei wrote:Francois got his backside kicked really bad with big brother Sammy watching. He will not try again unless in large brute force and big brother Sammy fully engaged and leading. So, leave the bloody African savages to blood-let each other all they want - equip and pay them to get on with it. Typical and predictable.

Olekoima wrote:

Understand now Olekoima… kuna pesa ya OLN haija lipwa by the UNSC ..so they might opt we (KDF) finish OLN and flash out those pockets of resistance, but first before we do that nilazima they pay outstanding bills of the OLN….

@ON why do I have that funny feeling that Sammy watched and waiting for things to happen to the Francois.

@blog the French Ops involved an Amphibious assault ship (LHD) helicopter carrier, 4 puma helicopters and 2 tiger gunships +1000km

risasi
these guys underrate amisom at their own peril.. but i agree they must pay up madeni kwanza for the job AMISOM and kdf has done for everyone in somalia.

Obama himself has said USA Played a limited role in the operation by providing technological assistance to the french and also that American aircraft entered Somali airspace briefly why? obviously americans dont want to be associated with a failed mission again in Somalia.
you can bet that had the french been successful you could hear all the glory details of who did what and when.

http://www.africareview.com/News/Obama-admits-US-role-in-botched-Somalia-raid/-/979180/1665256/-/t1j1ryz/-/index.html

countersniper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Le French Backside kicking

Post  proud kenyan on Thu Jan 17 2013, 01:17

countersniper wrote:
Risasi wrote:

Olekoima wrote:

risasi
these guys underrate amisom at their own peril.. but i agree they must pay up madeni kwanza for the job AMISOM and kdf has done for everyone in somalia.

Obama himself has said USA Played a limited role in the operation by providing technological assistance to the french and also that American aircraft entered Somali airspace briefly why? obviously americans dont want to be associated with a failed mission again in Somalia.
you can bet that had the french been successful you could hear all the glory details of who did what and when.

http://www.africareview.com/News/Obama-admits-US-role-in-botched-Somalia-raid/-/979180/1665256/-/t1j1ryz/-/index.html

i thought the somalia airspace was under KDF guard,at least the areas SNA-AMISOM commands,as well as the areas they are planning to pacify in the near future

proud kenyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Thu Jan 17 2013, 11:51

Risasi wrote:

Olekoima wrote:

Okay buddy.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MasterChief on Fri Jan 18 2013, 05:00

Olekoima wrote:

The French just like the other Europeans are broke.. therefore they would be glad if the Africans under Ecowass to take over this problem.

MasterChief

View user profile

Back to top Go down

French Operation in Mali & Somalia

Post  mwepesi on Fri Jan 18 2013, 11:07

I am not getting this new rhyme of the "France Bashing Bandwagon" we vehemently thrashed those so called "Arm chair experts" opinion on KDF during the OLN, & am still committed to that. But my question is this why are we now trying to Trash everything the French are doing in Mali????????

We should appreciate the rational & objectivity in our posts regarding the French mission, since we don't have guys in the ground to ground truth the endless press news that most of us are relying on to make comments. When the French ask from their allies Transport planes to facilitate the hauling of Force enablers, ETC it's for various reasons and might not be necessarily of military importantce,I might as well be for political reasons, (Maybe to show it's Multinational effort for the French Public Consumption)

During OLN the French offered there Transport planes to us, why this hypocrisy????

Let's Debate the Mali operation from a rational/ objective point of view that way we can learn a lot on strategies employed etc etc. Yes the art of war is as old as life on earth but each time the principals mutates to some finesse with Tools and Equipment available, that we we could better our strategic thinking.

mwepesi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Fri Jan 18 2013, 20:49

mwepesi wrote:I am not getting this new rhyme of the "France Bashing Bandwagon" we vehemently thrashed those so called "Arm chair experts" opinion on KDF during the OLN, & am still committed to that. But my question is this why are we now trying to Trash everything the French are doing in Mali????????

We should appreciate the rational & objectivity in our posts regarding the French mission, since we don't have guys in the ground to ground truth the endless press news that most of us are relying on to make comments. When the French ask from their allies Transport planes to facilitate the hauling of Force enablers, ETC it's for various reasons and might not be necessarily of military importantce,I might as well be for political reasons, (Maybe to show it's Multinational effort for the French Public Consumption)

During OLN the French offered there Transport planes to us, why this hypocrisy????

Let's Debate the Mali operation from a rational/ objective point of view that way we can learn a lot on strategies employed etc etc. Yes the art of war is as old as life on earth but each time the principals mutates to some finesse with Tools and Equipment available, that we we could better our strategic thinking.

@Mwepesi,
It ain't a well-watered anti-French campaign, but rather completing a dosage they prescribed for themselves, something which isn't taking the good part of peoples' mental alertness in this sphere of the globe- locally nicknamed, Kenyana.

Concerning the just botched Hollande's covert operation in Somalia a week ago, How in bloody-hell can one locomote from the Southern hemisphere to the Northern hemisphere WITHOUT crossing the equator, either on land, water, air, or even snow/ice? They never configured, even a slight coordination on a ratio of 1.5 to 8.5, between either KDF or UPDF, who were in one way or the other, well-versed with the current state of affairs in that particular area in question.
Hope i loosened the strings a little bit, calm down, give a brand-new perspective a new chance in your next postulation for goodness sake.

BTW, I don't think whether there is anyone out there with hard feelings of the French involvement in the AFISMA operations in Mali by any measure. Its for a good cause, I reckon.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

French in Africa

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 18 2013, 21:32

Categorically state that KDF did not at any one time ever receive nor require any airlift assistance from the French at any point of the OLN.

What was conveniently misreported, and slang about on websites, was a delivery of direct transfer stores procured by the KDF to Wajir FOB where these stores were commissioned as they were received.

Despite our modest Airlift capacity, it is certainly not inadequate for the demands of OLN as to need Francois assistance.

@Cycoh D. - check your "six" and your weapon safety "on"

Back to top Go down

Post  proud kenyan on Sat Jan 19 2013, 08:30

mwepesi wrote:I am not getting this new rhyme of the "France Bashing Bandwagon" we vehemently thrashed those so called "Arm chair experts" opinion on KDF during the OLN, & am still committed to that. But my question is this why are we now trying to Trash everything the French are doing in Mali????????

the issue with the french and them offering logistical support..@ON would beat you senseless for such this notion,he denied this explicitely on another side of the blog..
what the french are doing in mali is not trash,but with the same "armchair experts" disproved,it was felt that africa could solve its own problems whether militarily or otherwise instead of interference by any tom,dick or harry of outside the continent.thing is the same funders of the mission dont want to release money for current AU military operations,but fund hugely useless operations elsewhere (read UN congo mission)
endless matters on this

proud kenyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mbs on Sat Jan 19 2013, 23:50

Sorry to inform you Mwepesi, but no state will do what France is doing ati because they are 'helping'. They are there for their own reasons and not Malis! We didnt go to Somalia because they were dying of Hunger and diseases, we went there for our own reasons ie Kenyana. It might seem selfish, but thats how states operate.

mbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re:china-japan beef

Post  proud kenyan on Sun Jan 20 2013, 10:25

http://news.yahoo.com/japan-talk-warning-shots-heats-china-dispute-051924041.html

the escalation intensifies, am suspecting if push comes to shove future procurement of military stores would be based on the above escalation..and what would this mean for Kenyana as a whole?

proud kenyan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Sun Jan 20 2013, 12:36

The failure by the west to graple with the Algerian refusal of help shows that hundreds of billions of dollars and several wars later, the West is none the wiser when it comes to Muslim and Arab attitudes. In the middle east you would rather be called a dictator, corrupt etc than a 'western puppet', which is what happens to all those who accept western help. During the entire crisis, Johnny had special forces and hostage negotiators on standby but the Algerians would have none of it.

The price paid in lives lost is steep but the Algerians have sent an unmistakable message to the terrorists. I had never hard of this Mokhtar fellow before this. Most of the damage was atrributed to helicopetr gunships like the one shown below.At first I thought the Havoc had finally seen action but on closer inspection, the choppers looked a different model, which model of Mi is this?

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Sun Jan 20 2013, 19:56

Spartan wrote: Most of the damage was attributed to helicopter gunships like the one shown below.At first I thought the Havoc had finally seen action but on closer inspection, the choppers looked a different model, which model of Mi is this?
Looks just like this one, a heavily modified Mil Mi-24.

A South African modified Mil Mi-24 to include night vision gizmos
They call it the super Hind

Last edited by Sierra Kilo on Sun Jan 20 2013, 20:54; edited 1 time in total

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ole Sidai on Sun Jan 20 2013, 20:47

Sierra Kilo wrote:
Spartan wrote: Most of the damage was attributed to helicopter gunships like the one shown below.At first I thought the Havoc had finally seen action but on closer inspection, the choppers looked a different model, which model of Mi is this?
Looks just like this one, a heavily modified Mil Mi-24.

A South African modified Mil Mi-24 to include night vision gizmos

Looks more like Mi-35. Algeria is known to have acquired 2 dozens of them a year ago. I don't think Boers have marketed their version of modification anywhere. Either way, Mi-35 is modified Mi-24. Mi-35 got 4 barreled nose. This Algerian one is fitted with "terrorist sensing scopes" eeh eeeh...

@Spartan, both Havoc and Black shark saw action in the Russia/Georgia conflict of 2008. Not just these 2 but whole sortments of new weapons(E-jammers,tanks,AA) not tested in action.

Ole Sidai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Tue Jan 22 2013, 00:18

Reports of Tanks in the streets of Asmara after a botched coup attempt...Anyone with more info?

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RWANDA NOW BACKS DRONES' DEPLOYMENT

Post  mchoraji on Tue Jan 22 2013, 16:09

Pres. Kagame on monday 21st January backed the deployment of surveillance drones in the Eastern DRC region where the M23 rebels have been active. This marked an about turn for Rwanda that earlier opposed the proposal. I quote;

On Monday, Kagame, who had earlier opposed the UN plan to deploy the drones, said he had "no problem" with it.

"I have no problem... if they think it can help... it is up to them," Kagame told reporters in the Rwandan capital Kigali. However, he asked how the deployment of the drones in Congo would "contribute towards peace."

Kinshasa and the UN have said that the rebels fighting the Congolese army were trained in Rwanda, an accusation Kigali denies.

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

GOSS MILITARY CHIEFS' RESHUFFLE

Post  mchoraji on Wed Jan 23 2013, 12:54

South Sudanese President Salva Kiir has reshuffled the army’s command, firing 11 top army officers, including deputies to the Chief of the General Staff, and 23 more senior commanders.

Mr Kiir has also fired Lakes State governor Chol Tong Mayay, a democratically elected governor in a state engulfed in bitter cattle raiding and deadly sectional fighting.

In sacking the governor, the president invoked the presidential powers enshrined in the Transitional Constitution of South Sudan 2011, which allows the president to sack an elected governor if that state is engulfed in a major crisis that threatens national security.

Mr Chol’s sacking comes days after sectional fighting between two feuding communities in the state killed more than 49 people in two consecutive days of armed confrontation that threatened to spill over to the state capital, Rumbek, last week.

The reshuffle in the army also saw 10 senior officers promoted to the rank of lieutenant-generals, some of whom were immediately deployed in three sectors bordering neighbouring Sudan.

Mr Kiir also appointed six new deputies to the Chief of General Staff James Hoth Mai.

The leader made the sweeping changes in four separate decrees broadcast on the state radio on Tuesday.

Ten officers promoted to the rank of Lt. Gen. kwani what's the size of their military?

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Wed Jan 23 2013, 14:17

mchoraji wrote:
South Sudanese President Salva Kiir has reshuffled the army’s command, firing 11 top army officers, including deputies to the Chief of the General Staff, and 23 more senior commanders.

Mr Kiir has also fired Lakes State governor Chol Tong Mayay, a democratically elected governor in a state engulfed in bitter cattle raiding and deadly sectional fighting.

In sacking the governor, the president invoked the presidential powers enshrined in the Transitional Constitution of South Sudan 2011, which allows the president to sack an elected governor if that state is engulfed in a major crisis that threatens national security.

Mr Chol’s sacking comes days after sectional fighting between two feuding communities in the state killed more than 49 people in two consecutive days of armed confrontation that threatened to spill over to the state capital, Rumbek, last week.

The reshuffle in the army also saw 10 senior officers promoted to the rank of lieutenant-generals, some of whom were immediately deployed in three sectors bordering neighbouring Sudan.

Mr Kiir also appointed six new deputies to the Chief of General Staff James Hoth Mai.

The leader made the sweeping changes in four separate decrees broadcast on the state radio on Tuesday.

Ten officers promoted to the rank of Lt. Gen. kwani what's the size of their military?

It's estimated at between 80,000 - 200,000. Now, a Lt. Gen is supposed to command 2 - 3 divisions which is 20,000 - 45,000 officers and men. If we decide to be conservative with the figures, it would mean they have 200,000 men under arms, and that's a hell of a figure.

But take heart. What you don't have in men can be taken care of in equipment Laughing Laughing. A fully armed helicopter gunship has the same firepower as three to four platoons of men (company), and that's why the pilots are normally at the same rank as company commanders (captain or major). Two or three routs by a well equipped formation against rifle-wielding, poorly trained fellows, low morale and massive desertions take care of the rest.

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

GOSS MILITARY CHIEFS' RESHUFFLE

Post  mchoraji on Wed Jan 23 2013, 15:14

Spartan wrote: Two or three routs by a well equipped formation against rifle-wielding, poorly trained fellows, low morale and massive desertions take care of the rest.

Kare Spartan. I feel Goss & Sudan should just put their backsides to work so as to ensure conveyance of SS oil through sudan resumes. every time there has been an agreement, sudan has been quick to change goal-posts ending up really frustrating her young neighbor.When the SS starts making money again, they can build infrastructure and improve the lives of their people. They then can really transforming from a rebel army to a modern military. i know that has already started, but it may need to be speed-ed up.they may then with time demobilize polepole since there will be opportunities in the growing economy for the men being demobilized to engage productively.
However the conflicts with the north should cease. as things stand, SS may have to continue spending a huge part of the money it raises in it's military.This may mean that even after demobilizing they may still have to maintain an abnormally big reserve force.........just in case. should relative peace prevail then they can focus more on development which they so badly need.

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Thu Jan 24 2013, 11:57

Uzi wrote:
Risasi wrote:

If we go the CORD way Woo/Ivan get pushed off without a blink and we have to bow to that single idol once again. We are good boys now and several Ex-US Force equipment’s start flocking in and we (military) go back to the 80 and 70. Johhny/Sammy stuff from the belt to the button. And Johnny/Sammy stuff definitely comes with clauses. fail them and we are grounded bro. According to him the Ole Man gamble and experimented with Woo and the results were witness and impressive in OLN. Don,t let that go out the window by “Electing Moral up right men”. In OLN the Puma was rivaled with theMi-171,Buff with the Y-12 and MD500 with Z-9. And they wasn,t a time in the Ops that we felt Ivan/Woos stuff was strangling to keep up with johnnies.lets continue with them with free hands.

CORD will bring the west back to the defense budgets again; expensive equipment’s, sound names (good for the wanainchi) but with compiling clauses.

Lets keep it jubilee a bitter pill with a brighter future. in fact UHURUTO will strive to meet the citizens demand in order to create a good name because they are international reject s even if they want to get financial mischievous they don,t have the dens to hide the cash.

Nikona shida?

Does it make sense?

How much is fact and fiction?

i rest my case

@Risasi u have always fed us well b4 but this time sorry umechemsha! To paraphrase u "If we go the CORD way
Woo/Ivan get pushed off without a blink and we have to bow to that
single idol once again. We are good boys now and several Ex-US Force
equipment’s start flocking in and we (military) go back to the 80 and
70. Johhny/Sammy stuff from the belt to the button."
Last time i checked Egypt with the fourth largest F16 inventory was set to receive over 40 Mig29's from Ivan. Are u suggesting that the much talked about eagles are actually not here and this is because of uncle Woo's and Ivan's Kenyan presence? How were we able to purchase the Mi6's and AR15's from Sam?
I suspect you and ON are telling us ur personal bias and re-packaging it philosophically. How much is fact and fiction? U tell us.

Comparing KE to Egypt is akin to comparing oranges to mangoes, again at what age and day are we comparing the two. Egypt has three things that we are at the infant stage in, which propelled them to your said status.

1. Natural resource management in line with the politics of the day esp. the Suez Canal. During the cold war era it was mandatory for both powers to be in good books with Egypt for strategic reasons the Suez Canal. Egypt therefore benefit from both sides.

2. Conniving bureaucrats that play their cards right, just like Pakistan they manage to syphoned funds and aid from both side while "assisting" the west interests. For Egypt to have peace with Israel, which Sammy proposed, Egypt requested to be as strong as Israel.

3. A Regional and cultural ally in the volatile oil rich region.

NB
Regime change;
When it comes to regime change my friend and johnny/Sammy at the background, it’s the same whether it’s done by the bullet or the ballot. Johnny/Sammy was cut out of our budget a decade now and he isn’t happy with the episode. Ole Man did his best proved China and lucky for us our blood relation at the US helm made sure that we didn,t get ridiculously punished for doing so. 30th and 40th were conceived, US Marine special operations boats issued against congress’ out cry and yes M-16 and Ar-15. 4yres to come the leadership (USA) will revert to the blue eyed white skin. believe me this time around they will be in full force and the hydrocarbons will be bounded with the heaviest chains and locks, the so called long terms military and trading policy.

Are you ready to receive brand new F-16, C-130 Hercules which have bidding 40yre service contracts to be serviced by American contractors , American lubs and fuel from Caltex in order to validate the warranties???. I mean that’s crazy man if not slavery. We all know what the dollar/sterling pound rates are? and on which direction they are heading
Or should we go an alternative way
Get products (military) from BRIC nations that give us an open service contracts and technology transfer opportunities or posibilites.

Revisit the current regime changes around you
1. Libya May 24, 2010
signed arms deals with Moscow , amount $2 billion, with options for another $1.8 billion. Which include six Yak-130,armored vehicles, Su-35 fighter 15 pieces (the first exports for the Su35) and interest in buying 10 Ka-52.
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-227270556/russia-may-sign-contracts.html

fast forward to 2013 What a Face
3 out the 6 Yak-130 delivered the remainder status still unknown. the National Transitional Council signs new long term deals with the WEST revoking Gaddafis deals http://theaviationist.com/2012/07/04/lybia-af-future/
The new aircraft will probably replace most of the remaining 28 aircraft (some of those are old Mig fighters) and 9 helicopters most of which have seen better days.
my foot

2. Iraq
past http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Air_Force#1990s-_Persian_Gulf_War_and_no-fly_zones
and present
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Air_Force#Future
Or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_Air_Force#Current_inventory
Was it a priority to revamp the existing military inventories with Western equipments secured by long term oil deals? its not rocket science my friend Laughing

Courtesy of; rookie

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi on Thu Jan 24 2013, 16:53

@risasi I have been doing research on the cost of fighter aircrafts now that you mentioned Woo vs Sammy and if KDF-Af gets binded to US how much do we loss.
the china deals
FC-10 27.84 million USD
FC-1 Block 1: US$15–20 million
Block 2: US$20–25 million
Yak-130 $15 million
L-15 $US 14,6 million

Against

Medium end fighters
F-16A/B: US$14.6 million
F-16C/D: US$18.8 million
F/A-18 Unit cost US$29
or high end fighters
Su30 US$34 million
F-15C/D: US$30 million

From what I see the difference isn,t more than USD7million in either category.USD7million shouldn,t scare us from a 40yre hydrocarbon bidding agreement vise vie standards and reliability from a world class manufacturer. With all due respect, is they something more than what meets the eye? We know our past and how we award contracts.
Unit Costs courtesy of Wikipedia

Balozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Sat Jan 26 2013, 21:39

Balozi wrote:@risasi I have been doing research on the cost of fighter aircrafts now that you mentioned Woo vs Sammy and if KDF-Af gets binded to US how much do we loss.
the china deals
FC-10 27.84 million USD
Yak-130 $15 million
L-15 $US 14,6 million

Against

Medium end fighters
F/A-18 Unit cost US$29
or high end fighters
Su30 US$34 million

From what I see the difference isn,t more than USD7million in either category.USD7million shouldn,t scare us from a 40yre hydrocarbon bidding agreement vise vie standards and reliability from a world class manufacturer. With all due respect, is they something more than what meets the eye? We know our past and how we award contracts.

Balozi here's where you fool yourself. These Chinese and Russian bids you quote started existing post 2008. The Yankee birds you quote entered production in the 70's. This prices you quote are the 70's prices. In the case of the F-16 and F-15 you quote 1998 dollars. Question: has the price of bread remained constant since 1998?
The F-18 has a wild variation of about 28 million dollars between the lowest and the highest price! That in itself should tell you something. Every Air Force has it's own unique requirement of capabilities to its warplanes. For us, i imagine we emphasise more on air to ground capability than air to air. That 28 dollars is your basic F-18, no better than the Cessna i fly save for that little detail about Mach 1+ capability. To configure that to an aircraft usefull to the K.A.F may cost well over half of the purchasing price. Remember as you are embarking on your 'pimp my jet' exercise, your EULA (End User Licencing Agreement) has bound you to using ONLY American equipment and devices on the fighter. The same EULA has specified how you can and how you can not use that warplane. Nini hii sasa? it's like buying a Rungu from a Maasai (no offence O.N, Olekima, Ole Sidai n other hidden Oles) who then makes you sign an agreement limiting your use of the rungu. All that said, we've not taken into account the servicing agreement, the supply and service of weaponry agreement (see how they screwed the Pakistanis?) the Mean Time between engine overhaul, the operating cost (i hear for the F-16 it's about 22,000 USD per hour. That's a brand new VW Passat every hour Risasi is gears up on an F-16)
As for the Chinese and Russians, they couldn't care if you fit spears and arrows on the weapons pylons, whether you bomb a village in Isiolo with them..as long as they recieved your cash. The Russians are pretty River road in their dealings (as the Algerians found out) but otherwise they don't care. You can buy an FC-1, Give it Israeli avionics, Ukranian engines, French Missiles, an American helmet (if they'll agree) and Woo won't care much. This is the freedom that Risasi as airman wants.

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Balozi on Sat Jan 26 2013, 22:14

jasiri wrote:
Balozi wrote:@risasi I have been doing research on the cost of fighter aircrafts now that you mentioned Woo vs Sammy and if KDF-Af gets binded to US how much do we loss.
the china deals
FC-10 27.84 million USD
Yak-130 $15 million
L-15 $US 14,6 million

Against

Medium end fighters
F/A-18 Unit cost US$29
or high end fighters
Su30 US$34 million

Balozi here's where you fool yourself. These Chinese and Russian bids you quote started existing post 2008. The Yankee birds you quote entered production in the 70's. This prices you quote are the 70's prices. In the case of the F-16 and F-15 you quote 1998 dollars. Question: has the price of bread remained constant since 1998?
The F-18 has a wild variation of about 28 million dollars between the lowest and the highest price! That in itself should tell you something. Every Air Force has it's own unique requirement of capabilities to its warplanes. For us, i imagine we emphasise more on air to ground capability than air to air. That 28 dollars is your basic F-18, no better than the Cessna i fly save for that little detail about Mach 1+ capability. To configure that to an aircraft usefull to the K.A.F may cost well over half of the purchasing price. Remember as you are embarking on your 'pimp my jet' exercise, your EULA (End User Licencing Agreement) has bound you to using ONLY American equipment and devices on the fighter. The same EULA has specified how you can and how you can not use that warplane. Nini hii sasa? it's like buying a Rungu from a Maasai (no offence O.N, Olekima, Ole Sidai n other hidden Oles) who then makes you sign an agreement limiting your use of the rungu. All that said, we've not taken into account the servicing agreement, the supply and service of weaponry agreement (see how they screwed the Pakistanis?) the Mean Time between engine overhaul, the operating cost (i hear for the F-16 it's about 22,000 USD per hour. That's a brand new VW Passat every hour Risasi is gears up on an F-16)
As for the Chinese and Russians, they couldn't care if you fit spears and arrows on the weapons pylons, whether you bomb a village in Isiolo with them..as long as they recieved your cash. The Russians are pretty River road in their dealings (as the Algerians found out) but otherwise they don't care. You can buy an FC-1, Give it Israeli avionics, Ukranian engines, French Missiles, an American helmet (if they'll agree) and Woo won't care much. This is the freedom that Risasi as airman wants.

Jas don’t take it the wrong way. Those costing I found in the net if there anything higher or latest please submit with due respect to serving staff. Asante

Balozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

THE LAMU PORT

Post  mchoraji on Sun Jan 27 2013, 13:25

Am glad at the pace at which the LAPSET project is proceeding on. got this from the east african;

South Sudan is pushing for the fast-tracking of the Juba-Lamu
oil pipeline with construction set to start at the end of this month.

The plan is to complete the $5-6 billion pipeline
within a year and a half and start pumping crude oil to the Lamu port
for export before embarking on the construction of a refinery to be
based in Isiolo.
The 2,000 kilometre pipeline was initially scheduled to start in June.
It will be used to transport between 700,000 to one million barrels of
crude oil from South Sudan to other countries via the proposed Lamu
Port, as an alternative route to Port Sudan.The pipeline will be self-funding, meaning the developer will be allowed
to recover the money through the sale of oil for an agreed period. But,
Mr Kasuku said that South Sudan and Kenya are still negotiating on the
process of identifying a developer

Mr Kasuku said that 65 per cent of the Lamu port building is
complete six months ahead of schedule. In the latest progress report
dated January 4, the four-storey port building has reached the roofing
stage.

The Kenya government will have to invest six per
cent of its GDP or about 16 per cent of the annual government budget
till the port’s completion in 2018.........South Sudan believes even if Sudan agrees to the resumption of oil exports, there is no
guarantee that Khartoum will not come up with new conditions to stop the
flow of oil.

This project is so important.It is projected that at it's completion kenya will be having a double digit growth to it's gdp annually. the arid & semi-arid areas are also going to be opened up like never before. sudan will be the biggest looser in this rather than make peace with it's southern neighbor it has continued introducing all manner of bottlenecks to their relations. as things stand & if all goes as planned, in two years GOSS will be exporting oil thr' kenya. the waarabu will wish they were more accomondating to their former fellow contry men.I hope the former aggrement entered into between GOSS & Ke. was reviewed. formerly GOSS was to own the pipeline but now that we'l have our own mafuta, they should take care of the pipeline within their borders while we take care of that within ours.
The projected standard gauge rail line should also become a reality. there is a time M7 said UPDF engineers will build it's new rail within UG. i hope Ke. also has a cost effective way to upgrade the current line to standard gauge while building the new one.prospects for kenyana .......excellent

mchoraji

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Mon Jan 28 2013, 08:33

China on Saturday test-flew its biggest transport plane ever, the Y-20.

With a 66-ton payload, it's only 9 tons short of the 75-ton payload of the C-17 Globemaster. But you wouldn't know from pictures like the one below superimposing (in slightly exaggerated size) the Y-20 with other huge transport planes in operation with other airforces.

Slightly over 200 C-17s are in service with the US Airforce. But if the US-China ship-building race is anything to go by, a decade or so down the road Sammy will be able to see Uncle Woo in his rear mirror Laughing Laughing

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:38

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top