http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/ethiopi/articles/20121023.aspx

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS:

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Wed Oct 24 2012, 18:02

Olekoima wrote:
Cycoh 'DUDUS' wrote:
mogen wrote:Plans to put out an international force on the ground to reclaim northern Mali from Islamists will hit a crucial stretch Friday when a high-level meeting opens in Bamako to hammer out the details.

The Economic Community of West African States (Ecowas), the African Union, the European Union and UN representatives will be hoping to finalise a clear strategy for the intervention...

http://www.africareview.com//News/High+level+meeting+on+Mali+force+set+for+Bamako+/-/979180/1536284/-/6lrld3z/-/index.html?relative=true

residents demonstrate asking for intervention force

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Foreign+jihadists+pour+into+northern+Mali/-/1066/1538900/-/5cfaxrz/-/index.html

This intervention requires much faith and prayer. i hope it doesn't get any worse. Heaven forbid.

They need to borrow a leaf from AMISOM, study their ways and attempt to replicate applicable scenarios in Mali. They should keep the west and other spoilers at bay. African problems require African solutions.
@Oleikoma. The bit about getting a leaflet from AMISOM is good and highly advisable. To add onto that, for the 'leaflets' to materialize in Mali, a lot of professionalism/strategic planning/and well-massed intel coverage should be brought in to consideration. Otherwise, we wish the ECOWAS all the best. If it comes to happen that KDF is going to participate, that will be just another "live classroom" that befits the KDF military indoctrination.
@MOOZALENDO, Head counter!...ama?

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra Kilo on Wed Oct 24 2012, 18:12

The NCP Government in Khartoum has accused Israel as being behind the explosions that took place at the Yarmook Ordnance Factory in Khartoum. Fire fighting forces rushed to the scene and helped contain the fire as security forces blocked all roads leading to the large factory. A number of senior officials, including Khartoum State Governor Abdel Rahman Al-Khidir and officers from the National Intelligence and Security Services as well as SAF also arrived at the scene later. Meanwhile, the authorities made conflicting statements on the cause of the incident but reported that no causalities were incurred as a result. Khartoum State Governor Abdel Rahman Al-Khidir said in a televised statement that the cause of the incident is not clear yet but he discounted the possibility of foreign entities being involved. His statement was clearly aiming to quell wildly spreading rumours that the factory was hit by an airstrike. Some witnesses said that the explosion occurred after a sound resembling that of a rocket was heard and the sky lit up. There is also a rumor that an airplane carrying military materiel crashed on the site of the factory .

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/Sudan+accuses+Israel+of+bombing++threatens+to+retaliate/-/1066/1594120/-/31n37nz/-/index.html

Sierra Kilo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Thu Oct 25 2012, 08:45

Apparently, the drop in piracy off the coast of Somalia has nothing to do with what's going on on the shores like AMISOM's success in taking over most of the ports that were used by the pirate mother ships or Kenya Navy's presence off the cost of Som. Ati it's all due to the deployment of NATO frigates and destroyers

Yahoo News wrote:The stunning drop in pirate activity is attributed to the continued
presence of counter-piracy task forces and the growing use of private
security forces aboard commercial vessels.

In addition to the NATO task force, there are two other international
naval task forces patrolling the waters off East Africa. One is a U.S.
organized force of coalition countries, the other a smaller naval force
from European Union member countries. In May, the EU force was given the
authority to conduct operations against land-based pirate operations in
Somalia

When you look at this situation as a research scenario, with cause/effect, dependent and independent variables. Let's take the cause as "Deployment of NATO off Somalia" and effect as "Reduction in Piracy off Somalia". NATO will be pleased with itself basing on the above because it's a false promise. That's because there were no Somali pirates when Somalia had a government, and that's why NATO is not deployed off Tanzania or South Africa, for example.

But wait, NATO and other nations off the cost of Somalia are way smarter than that. But I will cut them some slack - it's hard to justify the budgets of maintaining large navies without some excuse of action somewhere. As a soldier, any action, even dangerous action, is better than sitting and waiting for months on end.

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olekoima on Thu Oct 25 2012, 18:52

Spartan wrote:Apparently, the drop in piracy off the coast of Somalia has nothing to do with what's going on on the shores like AMISOM's success in taking over most of the ports that were used by the pirate mother ships or Kenya Navy's presence off the cost of Som. Ati it's all due to the deployment of NATO frigates and destroyers

Yahoo News wrote:The stunning drop in pirate activity is attributed to the continued
presence of counter-piracy task forces and the growing use of private
security forces aboard commercial vessels.

In addition to the NATO task force, there are two other international
naval task forces patrolling the waters off East Africa. One is a U.S.
organized force of coalition countries, the other a smaller naval force
from European Union member countries. In May, the EU force was given the
authority to conduct operations against land-based pirate operations in
Somalia

When you look at this situation as a research scenario, with cause/effect, dependent and independent variables. Let's take the cause as "Deployment of NATO off Somalia" and effect as "Reduction in Piracy off Somalia". NATO will be pleased with itself basing on the above because it's a false promise. That's because there were no Somali pirates when Somalia had a government, and that's why NATO is not deployed off Tanzania or South Africa, for example.

But wait, NATO and other nations off the cost of Somalia are way smarter than that. But I will cut them some slack - it's hard to justify the budgets of maintaining large navies without some excuse of action somewhere. As a soldier, any action, even dangerous action, is better than sitting and waiting for months on end.

Talk of Mzungu superiority complex. Soon the Chinese will overtake them. Bure kabisa.

Olekoima

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Did Israeli jets hit the Sudanese Arms factory?

Post  mogen on Fri Oct 26 2012, 03:09

Sudaneses Arms factory burning.

The story is interesting indeed. Would it be that Iran's drones that have been launched to Israel were actually coming from Khartoum?

The Sudanese government blames Israel for the explosion at a munitions plant in Khartoum and Israeli media reported that the factory is owned by Iran's Revolutionary Guard and made arms for Hamas.

Reportedly, there was an airstrike from a drone and that the air strike did not target the factory but was actually targeting a drone ammunition store next to the factory, which in turn affected the factory.

Read more: http://world.time.com/2012/10/25/did-israel-bomb-a-sudanese-ammunition-depot/
and
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/25/163653933/israel-blamed-for-arms-factory-bombing-in-sudan?sc=tw&cc=share

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:50

mogen wrote:Sudaneses Arms factory burning.

The story is interesting indeed. Would it be that Iran's drones that have been launched to Israel were actually coming from Khartoum?

The Sudanese government blames Israel for the explosion at a munitions plant in Khartoum and Israeli media reported that the factory is owned by Iran's Revolutionary Guard and made arms for Hamas.

Reportedly, there was an airstrike from a drone and that the air strike did not target the factory but was actually targeting a drone ammunition store next to the factory, which in turn affected the factory.

Read more: http://world.time.com/2012/10/25/did-israel-bomb-a-sudanese-ammunition-depot/
and
[url=http://www.npr.org/2012/10/25/163653933/israel-blamed-for-arms-factory-bombing-in-sudan?sc=tw&cc=share
http://www.npr.org/2012/10/25/163653933/israel-blamed-for-arms-factory-bombing-in-sudan?sc=tw&cc=share[/quote[/url]]

Maybe, lets wait and see, I suggest. Its quite sensitive.

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Chosen Tribe

Post  Ole Sidai on Mon Oct 29 2012, 20:41

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224554/Israels-dry-run-strike-Iran-Two-killed-jets-bomb-Sudanese-rockets-factory.html
Haya maneno got the potential to escalate and undermine security within Kenyana. Unreported incidences of the Chosen tribe conducting air raids along Sudan nothern deserts been going on since 2008. The World knows Persian regime been doing top notch arms trafficking along that route. And yes, C tribe been operating/living inside Sudan even before 1973 war! This is not news. What is new is this Persian/Bashir axis and its wider effect in that region especially vast persian military assets. Me thinks retaliation will be unconventional Kikambala type within Kenyana. Having been a 1st responder on that fateful Nov 28th 1998, my 6th sense requests full alert as Sept 11 at Bengazi mirrors another red date in history. My 2 cents as I retreat into my basement away from this SANDY MONSTER. Ni kubaya hapa.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20121580

Ole Sidai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Tue Oct 30 2012, 04:24

Ole Sidai wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224554/Israels-dry-run-strike-Iran-Two-killed-jets-bomb-Sudanese-rockets-factory.html
Haya maneno got the potential to escalate and undermine security within Kenyana. Unreported incidences of the Chosen tribe conducting air raids along Sudan nothern deserts been going on since 2008. The World knows Persian regime been doing top notch arms trafficking along that route. And yes, C tribe been operating/living inside Sudan even before 1973 war! This is not news. What is new is this Persian/Bashir axis and its wider effect in that region especially vast persian military assets. Me thinks retaliation will be unconventional Kikambala type within Kenyana. Having been a 1st responder on that fateful Nov 28th 1998, my 6th sense requests full alert as Sept 11 at Bengazi mirrors another red date in history. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20121580

Very interesting indeed this silent and not-too-silent manenos going on in our neck of the woods.

BBC online wrote:...Reports suggest that shortly after midnight on Wednesday, four Israeli warplanes attacked the factory with two one-tonne bombs. They were supported by helicopters carrying commandos to rescue any of the air crew in case they were shot down, the reports added. Another aircraft jammed Sudanese radar and air-defence systems, as well as disrupting local communications. They reportedly took off from the Negev desert and re-fuelled in flight. It is alleged that Israel's Mossad intelligence agency found documents relating to Iranian and Sudanese weapons manufacture on a senior Hamas official it is accused of assassinating in Dubai in 2010.

1. Israeli target in our region will be hit by Iran or their agents [remember the guys in custody]
2. A major attack on Iran by a combined force of US & Israel air assets is increasingly likely to happen
sooner than later. Britain declined to permit use of their airfields [read Diego Garcia]. But they can
quietly agree or Sammy can do aerial refueling
NATO ships currently chasing pirates will possibly go into 'self-defence' mode and be used to check Iranian naval assets. Oil barons will reap big time.

The timing of the massive expansion of Sammy's Base in Djibouti is also interesting.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/remote-us-base-at-core-of-secret-operations/2012/10/25/a26a9392-197a-11e2-bd10-5ff056538b7c_story.html

All these things will mean turbulence in the region.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Tue Oct 30 2012, 09:36

mogen wrote:Very interesting indeed this silent and not-too-silent manenos going on in our neck of the woods.

Apparently, it wasn't so silent for the people living near the Yarmouk Ammunition Factory, built in 1996. It turns out the factory itself was not the target, but a dozen or so containers outside. The damage to the rest of the factory was collateral. These guys had solid intel. Take a look at the pics before and after the attack.

And below, the day after the party

Unconfirmed reports indicate the containers had new shipments of 20-40km range rockets destined for Hamas among other munitions. The munitions are given to Bedouin pastoralists to smuggle across the desert to Palestine. One thing's for sure: It's very embarrassing for any sitting government to endure this, and it won't stand Bashir in good stead with his military (which is increasingly murmuring in disapproval of his handling of events, especially the secession of the South).

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Tue Oct 30 2012, 10:44

Spartan wrote:... These guys had solid intel. ...Unconfirmed reports indicate the containers had new shipments of 20-40km range rockets destined for Hamas among other munitions.

I hear Israelis have been operating in Sudan for quite some time. Have been taking out Hamas fellows travelling in cars. Most recently earlier this year near Port Sudan. No doubt the Intel they had was damn good. Reportedly, Israelis got a real scoop from the Hamas guy they spectacularly killed in a Dubai hotel.

Sudan, is surely going to be a destabilising factor in our neighbourhood. I can see worsening unease inside its borders in the coming months/years.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risasi on Fri Nov 02 2012, 13:41

Confession of the black sheep. After supplying arms to A.S via Baido airstrip. Eritrea what help form the Ole man.

http://tigraionline.com/news/2012/10/30/eritrea-begging-kenya-to-help-it-rejoin-igad/

Risasi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Fri Nov 02 2012, 15:18

mogen wrote:
Spartan wrote:... These guys had solid intel. ...Unconfirmed reports indicate the containers had new shipments of 20-40km range rockets destined for Hamas among other munitions.

I hear Israelis have been operating in Sudan for quite some time. Have been taking out Hamas fellows travelling in cars. Most recently earlier this year near Port Sudan. No doubt the Intel they had was damn good. Reportedly, Israelis got a real scoop from the Hamas guy they spectacularly killed in a Dubai hotel.

Sudan, is surely going to be a destabilising factor in our neighbourhood. I can see worsening unease inside its borders in the coming months/years.

Sudan is the new battlefield in Iran and Israel's covert conflict http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/sudan-the-new-battlefield-in-iran-and-israels-covert-conflict-8262251.html

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jasiri on Sat Nov 03 2012, 19:31

Saudi Arabia is testing nuclear weapons...reports from pakistani sites are saying that Saudi Arabia is doing undergroung testing of it's new plutonium..speculated source, Pakistan. Apparently this is in reaction to Iran but from where i sit, on more nuclear armed Arab isn't good for Israel.
PS: UAE is sitting pretty tight with Sammy, do they have a couple under our noses?

jasiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spartan on Mon Nov 05 2012, 09:42

Congolese troops crossed into Rwanda and when they were spotted and stopped, they opened fire. In the ensuing give and take, one Congolese 'commando' was killed and his body was left behind by his colleagues. But the incompetence of the FARDC doesn't stop at thinking it's ok for armed soldiers to cross an international border bila mpango. The FARDC spokesperson explained that they had 'only crossed to Rwanda to buy beer'. Apparently, it's fine for soldiers to leave their duty stations to go and buy beer, never mind crossing an international border into hostile territory.

I think I speak for many Ugandans when I say that if we could transfer our border away from this cursed country, we would.

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Mon Nov 05 2012, 09:53

Spartan wrote:Congolese troops crossed into Rwanda and when they were spotted and stopped, they opened fire. In the ensuing give and take, one Congolese 'commando' was killed and his body was left behind by his colleagues. But the incompetence of the FARDC doesn't stop at thinking it's ok for armed soldiers to cross an international border bila mpango. The FARDC spokesperson explained that they had 'only crossed to Rwanda to buy beer'. Apparently, it's fine for soldiers to leave their duty stations to go and buy beer, never mind crossing an international border into hostile territory.

I think I speak for many Ugandans when I say that if we could transfer our border away from this cursed country, we would.

Can't move bro. Ug and DRC are tied at the hip like we are with Som. However, once Som manenos are straightened out I see DRC as an area of interest assuming significant urgency then and only then can we see some traction on the action in Kivu and Ituri. Until then, the reckless FARDC soldiers will continue their thing. Indisciplined is an understatement.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mwepesi on Tue Nov 06 2012, 15:01

I guess the Israel PM & Defence Minister were all strapped and Ready for some bloody nose fights.........I have always assumed the Israel PM was hawkish but never thought he was so eager kumaliza hii kelele ya the Persians so early in his Administration......

Check this link http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/05/israel-planned-iran-attack-claim

mwepesi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Tue Nov 06 2012, 15:38

mwepesi wrote:I guess the Israel PM & Defence Minister were all strapped and Ready for some bloody nose fights.........I have always assumed the Israel PM was hawkish but never thought he was so eager kumaliza hii kelele ya the Persians so early in his Administration......
Check this link http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/05/israel-planned-iran-attack-claim

interesting the Israeli security thinktank, INSS, has just released a simulation of a war with Iran
http://www.inss.org.il/publications.php?cat=21&incat=&read=10461

Their elections are due very shortly, methinks they are trying to discredit and then kick out Netanyahu and Barack.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Al-Qaeda boss Zawahiri urges support for Somalia rebels

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 07 2012, 08:49

It's high time Amisom pulls up the game and pre-empts this kebabs from regrouping within & without som borders.

Back to top Go down

Post  mwepesi on Wed Nov 07 2012, 17:59

mogen wrote:
mwepesi wrote:I guess the Israel PM & Defence Minister were all strapped and Ready for some bloody nose fights.........I have always assumed the Israel PM was hawkish but never thought he was so eager kumaliza hii kelele ya the Persians so early in his Administration......

interesting the Israeli security thinktank, INSS, has just released a simulation of a war with Iran

Their elections are due very shortly, methinks they are trying to discredit and then kick out Netanyahu and Barack.

@ Mogen, What do you think this re-election of POTUS Obama, what dynamic or strategy repositioning will have on Kenyan considering various international issues at play i.e The ballistic missile defenses in Europe, where he was overheard in a hot mic telling former Russian President to be given more time till after this November elections Link is here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120558/Obama-open-mic-Microphones-pick-U-S-President-boasting-Medvedev-winning-reelection.html

and the New US strategic Plan for Asia considering to Contain China, how will it affect us in Kenyana or Africa considering that China has put a large foot print in African already.

mwepesi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Thu Nov 08 2012, 05:06

mwepesi wrote:
mogen wrote:

@ Mogen, What do you think this re-election of POTUS Obama, what dynamic or strategy repositioning will have on Kenyan considering various international issues at play i.e The ballistic missile defenses in Europe, where he was overheard in a hot mic telling former Russian President to be given more time till after this November elections Link is here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120558/Obama-open-mic-Microphones-pick-U-S-President-boasting-Medvedev-winning-reelection.html

and the New US strategic Plan for Asia considering to Contain China, how will it affect us in Kenyana or Africa considering that China has put a large foot print in African already.

@Mwepesi
Just to clarify the statement: quote="Mogen"] Their elections are due very shortly, methinks they are trying to discredit and then kick out Netanyahu and Barack.[/quote]

I meant Israeli elections and Ehiud Barak. But will hasten to correct myself. By Israel releasing information on its previous plans to attack Iranian sites, they have Iran to soften up. Perhaps they now understand the seriousness of Israel in the Iran nuclear manenos. They are now proposing openness to substantive talks. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iranian-ministry-suggests-openness-to-talks/2012/11/07/dbd0fa18-28f2-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html

Obama's victory is good for Africa and Kenyana in particular. He does not want to fight in foreign wars but want to protect US interests everywhere. His approach has kept costs low and also minimised troop loses. I see him continuing the same in our region. They are expanding their base in Djibouti considerably, they are setting up base in Botswana, and will possibly expand their presence in Liberia. AFRICOM goals are thus realized by 'stealth'.

Equipment and training for Kenyana forces will be uninterrupted in any significant way which is good. Remember he came with some means of bypassing Congress to donate the 11M Inflattable fast boats to KN. I see him and European allies and everyone else scramble to help in rebuilding the SNA. AMISOM forces mandate extended by 4 months is worrying. Don't know whether UNSC is pushing AMISOM forces out or what.

US economy is improving, troops returning fromAfghanistan next year or 2014. He will have spare $$$$ to throw around. SS will continue to poke their norther neighbour with Sammy on SS's back. Bashir may go sooner than later. Sickness or otherwise. The US or Israel have the motivation to facilitate, covertly or otherwise. Sammy's engagement in our region will only intensify, and their eye is on countering China's dominance. Once the economy recovers well and they clear China's debt there will more projection of American economic and military might in Africa. Political 'interference' will go in tandem with other American programs.

My 2cents

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FARDC vs M23 ROUND 2

Post  Spartan on Sun Nov 18 2012, 13:45

As expected, FARDC resistance is crumbling in the face of advancing M23 rebels. At first I was relieved when I heard figures of 100-plus rebels killed that the FARDC had got its act together and that this rebellion would now be a thing of the past. Now with the benefit of hindsight, my optimism was misplaced.

But you have to give it up for MONUSCO. Looking around for reasons why the rebels uprooted FARDC from Kibumba despite aerial assaults provided by MONUSCO, the MONUSCO Spokesperson had this to say;
Reuters wrote:They have night vision equipment which is precisely what
allowed them to launch their offensive at 4 a.m. this morning
against the FARDC," he said. "They also have ... 120 mm mortars,
which they did not have not so long ago

Till now I had never realised that dawn attacks were only started after the invention of night vision goggles. Please MONUSCO, capture just one rebel with that equipment and I will believe you. Better still, kill or capture just one of the '3500 Rwandan troops' who crossed to beef up the rebels. Otherwise a respectable international body is beginning to look and sound ridiculous.

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Mon Nov 19 2012, 05:52

Spartan wrote:As expected, FARDC resistance is crumbling in the face of advancing M23 rebels. At first I was relieved when I heard figures of 100-plus rebels killed that the FARDC had got its act together and that this rebellion would now be a thing of the past. Now with the benefit of hindsight, my optimism was misplaced.
@Sparta man
FARDC are indeed a regional shame.

I hear Goma may fall anytime now, if it hasn't fallen by the time you read this post. I wonder whether we are actually staring a breakup of DRC. Picture below shows: People jog past a sign, with a message by the M23 movement in their campaign against rampant corruption in the Democratic Republic of Congo, in an area under controlled of the Congolese Revolutionary Army (CRA) in Rutshuru town, November 3, 2012.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mogen on Tue Nov 20 2012, 17:13

mogen wrote:
Spartan wrote:As expected, FARDC resistance is crumbling in the face of advancing M23 rebels. At first I was relieved when I heard figures of 100-plus rebels killed that the FARDC had got its act together and that this rebellion would now be a thing of the past. Now with the benefit of hindsight, my optimism was misplaced.
@Sparta man
FARDC are indeed a regional shame.

I hear Goma may fall anytime now, if it hasn't fallen by the time you read this post. I wonder whether we are actually staring a breakup of DRC. Picture below shows: People jog past a sign, with a message by the M23 movement in their campaign against rampant corruption in the Democratic Republic of Congo, in an area under controlled of the Congolese Revolutionary Army (CRA) in Rutshuru town, November 3, 2012.

tweeting
@MckenzieCNN wrote:: M23 takes over Goma, border crossings, radio station, and airport. Pursuing government forces Westward-witnesses

Isn't Eastern DRC breaking away as we watch? if it does eventuate Uganda will look after refugees while Tall Thin One will have the spoils and hence the last laugh.

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sudan: Coup attempt foiled, Generals arrested.

Post  mogen on Thu Nov 22 2012, 15:53

al Bashir's troubles aren't getting any lesser. Don't think he will last long.

wrote:Sudan says it foiled a military coup, arrested several army officers and civilians involved
By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, November 22, 8:05 PM

KHARTOUM, Sudan — Sudanese authorities say they have foiled a military coup and that several military officers and civilians involved in the scheme have been arrested.

The state-run Omdurman radio says the “subversive plot” aimed to destabilize Sudan. The radio says it was uncovered and aborted early on Thursday...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/sudan-says-it-foiled-a-military-coup-arrested-several-army-officers-and-civilians-involved/2012/11/22/4c1db9ca-3490-11e2-92f0-496af208bf23_story.html

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DRC Army Chief sacked

Post  mogen on Fri Nov 23 2012, 14:25

DRC Army Chief sacked for selling weapons to M23 rebels. After all, the FARDC leadership wasn't interested in fighting the M23.

http://citizennews.co.ke/news/2012/international/item/5909-dr-congo-army-chief-suspended

mogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HokumA on Fri Nov 23 2012, 15:47

The pieces are finally failing in place for uncle Wu the J-15 just landed successfully on the Liaoning, Chinese aircraft carrier.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1087854/reports-hail-aircraft-carriers-landing-tests
http://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-celebrating-the-first-successful-fighter-landings-aboard-its-new-aircraft-carrier-2012-11

HokumA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cycoh 'DUDUS' on Sat Nov 24 2012, 12:15

mogen wrote:al Bashir's troubles aren't getting any lesser. Don't think he will last long.

wrote:Sudan says it foiled a military coup, arrested several army officers and civilians involved
By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, November 22, 8:05 PM

KHARTOUM, Sudan — Sudanese authorities say they have foiled a military coup and that several military officers and civilians involved in the scheme have been arrested.

The state-run Omdurman radio says the “subversive plot” aimed to destabilize Sudan. The radio says it was uncovered and aborted early on Thursday...
[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/sudan-says-it-foiled-a-military-coup-arrested-several-army-officers-and-civilians-involved/2012/11/22/4c1db9ca-3490-11e2-92f0-496af208bf23_story.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/sudan-says-it-foiled-a-military-coup-arrested-several-army-officers-and-civilians-involved/2012/11/22/4c1db9ca-3490-11e2-92f0-496af208bf23_story.html[/quote[/url]]

A kind of a "precautionary sweep" on the immediate environment's born-possibilities as far as the dictatorial elites in Africa are concerned. The other day Mugabe was criticised of trying to relocate the capital city from Harare to his rural town-with merely 1000 people....which leaves behind a premature but heavily loaded query to ponder,..with all the superiority complexities portrayed by dictators-which pre empts their side effects, do they stand a chance in the next ten years?

Cycoh 'DUDUS'

View user profile

Back to top Go down

FARDC vs M23 ROUND 2

Post  Spartan on Sun Nov 25 2012, 13:08

The M23 is picking a leaf from NRA and RDF during their rebel years. Appear more disciplined than the government forces you are fighting, and the possibilities are endless. Been going through the twits of all major journalists covering the fighting - they are now unanimous that they are safer with rebels than with FARDC. In a repeat of the NRA-Luwero triangle spectacle, during the fighting at Sake civilians were running from the government side to the rebel side. Kabila had better sort things out. And fast.

Meanwhile, the M23 are mainly Tutsis, whom Kabila (whose mother, btw, is said to have been Congolese Tutsi herself) has been labeling as Rwandese. Apparently, this divisive tactic worked, for better or for worse for the Congolese and the region in general. And because it's impossible to distinguish Rwandese from Congolese Tutsi, civilians in Minova as late as yesterday were seeing 'Rwandese troops' taking part in the fighting.

The only way of effectively defeating the M23 is by approaching and dealing with what makes them strong - their identity as Tutsis in DRC who feel stateless, vilified and hated.. Kabila would do well to talk to them as fellow Congolese instead of playing to the sentiments of the Kinshasa elite and running to the UN to amplify blame to anyone one else but himself. As things stand, East DRC problems have nation-building causes and will therefore need nation-building to resolve.

Otherwise we all know what happens when nation building fails. We don't need that to happen here - we still have South Sudan to baby-sit

Spartan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

M23

Post  mbs on Sun Nov 25 2012, 23:53

Spartan wrote:The M23 is picking a leaf from NRA and RDF during their rebel years. Appear more disciplined than the government forces you are fighting, and the possibilities are endless. Been going through the twits of all major journalists covering the fighting - they are now unanimous that they are safer with rebels than with FARDC. In a repeat of the NRA-Luwero triangle spectacle, during the fighting at Sake civilians were running from the government side to the rebel side. Kabila had better sort things out. And fast.

Meanwhile, the M23 are mainly Tutsis, whom Kabila (whose mother, btw, is said to have been Congolese Tutsi herself) has been labeling as Rwandese. Apparently, this divisive tactic worked, for better or for worse for the Congolese and the region in general. And because it's impossible to distinguish Rwandese from Congolese Tutsi, civilians in Minova as late as yesterday were seeing 'Rwandese troops' taking part in the fighting.

The only way of effectively defeating the M23 is by approaching and dealing with what makes them strong - their identity as Tutsis in DRC who feel stateless, vilified and hated.. Kabila would do well to talk to them as fellow Congolese instead of playing to the sentiments of the Kinshasa elite and running to the UN to amplify blame to anyone one else but himself. As things stand, East DRC problems have nation-building causes and will therefore need nation-building to resolve.

Otherwise we all know what happens when nation building fails. We don't need that to happen here - we still have South Sudan to baby-sit
The question Spartan is, do we really want Kabilas incompetence in running a country to continue? if M23 can route Kabila army like they have done, again and again, then maybe its time to let M23 overun the eastern Area of the country. If they can govern their little Kingdom, Goma, then let them be. Have you seen the body language exhibited by Kabila in Uganda ? a whipped boy who has got no regional friends

mbs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top