Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  jasiri on Mon Jul 18 2011, 13:36

I concur col. The sooner the start full operations with this birds the sooner they'll realise how inadequate they are. With such a small fleet, catching them on the ground is an ever present possibility.

Reason i said based in Somalia is that i doubt whether the KDoD would agree to this birds regularly overflying Kenyan air space on their hunting trips to the now not-so"far east". A formation of Sukhois with full load presumably flying under escort of K.A.F Tigers(i know u guys would settle for nothing less than that) could turn the tables on their escorts, merille like, and do some heavy damage before we can shout scramble. This will be very tricky!

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18 2011, 15:04

jasiri wrote:I concur col. The sooner the start full operations with this birds the sooner they'll realise how inadequate they are. With such a small fleet, catching them on the ground is an ever present possibility.

Reason i said based in Somalia is that i doubt whether the KDoD would agree to this birds regularly overflying Kenyan air space on their hunting trips to the now not-so"far east". A formation of Sukhois with full load presumably flying under escort of K.A.F Tigers(i know u guys would settle for nothing less than that) could turn the tables on their escorts, merille like, and do some heavy damage before we can shout scramble. This will be very tricky!

You are right, even from a fob in Juba,and assuming Meles allows overflight, but without aerial refueling and with external under-wing tanking, range is 600Km greater than ranging capacity of these birds ( only two have arrived, it appears) and even this without factoring in any Combat Deployment over Somalia. Miscalculation by M7? Probably under IGAD ambit then. Lets see.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18 2011, 15:50

ole Nkarei wrote:These birds's effective Combat Radius does obviates basing outside Uganda - from Entebbe they can touch Mogadishu and cap the whole place tight for hours on ends without needing to get down anywhere else but home.

Yet there is only one way to get from Entebbe to Mogadishu. Their range is only just about enough to get them there and back as the crow flies, and on fumes, and depending on ordnance. Kinda risky, eh? This was a pretty expensive package. Stingers or Strelas must be in stock already.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18 2011, 16:27



Meles won't play foot with M7. Only way for a UPDFAF combat role in Somalia is to 'stage' from somewhere in kenya.Even from Laikipia, it is about 960Km radius to Mogadishu. M7 talks up a joint Air-Task Force over Somalia in the UGABAG deployment, which would avail our northern Kenya FOB's to those Su30MK2. Early times, I reckon!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18 2011, 17:04

The point I was getting to, Jas and Tom.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18 2011, 18:49

Vitruvian wrote:The point I was getting to, Jas and Tom.

Indeed the point is well got, buddy!

Whatever happened to the Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania facets of this blog? Did we inadvertently kill them or what? Smile

Dang me!! I forgot this is the Uganda Page!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Flying Crane on Mon Jul 18 2011, 20:10

Boys and Girls why all the hot collars in a cool July month? Have you finished with the re-shuffle in halingam on how to siphon the Nairobi taxes?
The balance of power has tilted ladies and it’s high time you accepted it. so before you wear your night stockings say a short prayer to thank the lord Jesus, that the east African sky has been secured and liberated by you brothers from kamapla.
Good day laddies

Flying Crane

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 18 2011, 21:07

Oh look, it's that rascal again!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 20 2011, 08:29

nduguzaguni ni lazima tukubali alalaye na mama...... ndiye baba. Ug is now the leading Airforce in east and centeral africa. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy that is no doubt.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 20 2011, 11:13

mzalendo wrote:nduguzaguni ni lazima tukubali alalaye na mama...... ndiye baba. Ug is now the leading Airforce in east and centeral africa. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy that is no doubt.

Kweli bana, alalaya, etc. etc. Mzalendo. Very Happy

These birds are not all received. No doubt UPDFAF has taken a biggish leap.

But that the Military Balance is determined by a half-squadron of Birds whose Air and Ground crews are yet to fully matriculate? It is so easy to integrate new equipment, let alone equipment with such sophistication?

It is still a 'catch-you' situation for UPDFAF, Mzalendo. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 21 2011, 09:45

tumestabishwa na Musa sasa twangoja ya firahuni……...lets see who the jets will be integrated into UPDF to form a big picture.
wanielewa shee.... shee....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi on Thu Jul 21 2011, 12:29

jasiri wrote:M7 is a sly one. He knows the U.N pays handsomely for equipment such as this. Now should he deploy them to Somalia, he'd milk the U.N enough money to pay for the birds, the mercs flying it(relax crane Smile ) and have enough to line his pockets. But the question no is, will Kenya agree to havin this birds in Somalia? 3 in Somalia three in Uganda and Kamanda Karangi will be a very worried man hehehe....With the Flankers' engine susceptibility to F.O.D and it's inability to operate from unpaved runways, was this such a wise decision dear M7? Rolling Eyes

The Su30mK are too fast to perform any credible ground offensive unless they are going to strike painted targets. These are air superiority fighters. Similar birds were used by Meles boys with no effect. Kila sila na kazi yake. Plus the Somalia Theater is not an open cheque where you can field what you want and expected to be reimbursed.

The AU or UN hasn’t sanction for an air cover sorties. Any performances will be a good will from the UPDF to the Somalia people and Kampala will have to foot the bills.

Risasi

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Flying Crane on Thu Jul 21 2011, 13:59

Eehh Kenyan’s these jets are ticking all sphere of your military warranting to all sort of name calling eeeh. Mercenary flying them, they will milk the Ug tax payer etc bla bla … The jets are here to stay just live with that.

Flying Crane

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi on Fri Jul 22 2011, 10:10

One thing you never realized is that we were wished you the “best in the Sukhoi deal”
If the funds were used in a cleaver way then a comprehensive Force would have be established,. For instance.

If the funds were spilt 3 ways that is
a.) Upgrade the existing MiG23 to its latest capacity the MiG23MLD or MiG27. @ the price of 2 Su30.

b.)upgrade the Mi-24 to the south African Mi-35M or Mi35P standards and buy more Mi-35. .@ the price of 1 Su30.

c.) buy the Type 99G china tank for the price of 3 Sukhoi.

Then the tide of events would have changed.

Risasi

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  jasiri on Sat Jul 23 2011, 19:19

Flying Crane wrote:Eehh Kenyan’s these jets are ticking all sphere of your military warranting to all sort of name calling eeeh. Mercenary flying them, they will milk the Ug tax payer etc bla bla … The jets are here to stay just live with that.

well crane you can't escape from the mercenary fact. Truth be told, even for Risasi to fly the su-30 he needs to go through advanced training again. Now for the UPDAF jumping from a Fishbed to the Flanker without any form of advanced training is just plain impossible. where did they log the hours to qualify to handle such an agile and fast bird? It's not like they are jumping from a Mercedes Benz 1313 to a Steyr!..for the record, CONGRATULATIONS on your new acquisitions.

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Sun Jul 24 2011, 08:18

Crane what the use of having air superiority if you don’t have the army and the logistic for an incursion?

mJESHI mMOJA

Posts : 238
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : KENYA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Sisal Makonge on Mon Jul 25 2011, 07:37

Risasi wrote:One thing you never realized is that we were wished you the “best in the Sukhoi deal”
If the funds were used in a cleaver way then a comprehensive Force would have be established,. For instance.

If the funds were spilt 3 ways that is
a.) Upgrade the existing MiG23 to its latest capacity the MiG23MLD or MiG27. @ the price of 2 Su30.

b.)upgrade the Mi-24 to the south African Mi-35M or Mi35P standards and buy more Mi-35. .@ the price of 1 Su30.

c.) buy the Type 99G china tank for the price of 3 Sukhoi.

Then the tide of events would have changed.



Whatz the deal hapo Risasi
Question

Sisal Makonge

Posts : 79
Join date : 2010-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Flying Crane on Mon Jul 25 2011, 16:20

our future lays in new weapons Mr and not upgrading Scrapes like KAF.



Risasi wrote:One thing you never realized is that we were wished you the “best in the Sukhoi deal”
If the funds were used in a cleaver way then a comprehensive Force would have be established,. For instance.

If the funds were spilt 3 ways that is
a.) Upgrade the existing MiG23 to its latest capacity the MiG23MLD or MiG27. @ the price of 2 Su30.

b.)upgrade the Mi-24 to the south African Mi-35M or Mi35P standards and buy more Mi-35. .@ the price of 1 Su30.

c.) buy the Type 99G china tank for the price of 3 Sukhoi.

Then the tide of events would have changed.

Flying Crane

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi on Wed Jul 27 2011, 07:14

@Sisal Makonge

The MiG23
has faired well in skirmish rebel wars eg. Afghan, soviet war, Sri lanka war, Angola war. these are the type of war that the Ug force will be hosting
. MiG-23 sweep wing mechanism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable-sweep_wing). The fighter is idea for both ground warfare and as an interceptor.

The Mi35
Share the same engines and parts with the Mi-171 helicopter. Softer to your technicians and logistic, ordinances thing like that.

Type99G
This the cheapest up to date tank in the market with similar options as expensive western tanks .

Risasi

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  jasiri on Wed Jul 27 2011, 17:38

So it now seems Museveni and Meles are hug buddies. so much for a forward base. I think risasi will have to be AOR'd around Loki coz of the anticipated overflights by this sukhois. Interestin times

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  mJESHI mMOJA on Sun Jul 31 2011, 20:08

jasiri wrote:
Flying Crane wrote:Eehh Kenyan’s these jets are ticking all sphere of your military warranting to all sort of name calling eeeh. Mercenary flying them, they will milk the Ug tax payer etc bla bla … The jets are here to stay just live with that.

well crane you can't escape from the mercenary fact. Truth be told, even for Risasi to fly the su-30 he needs to go through advanced training again. Now for the UPDAF jumping from a Fishbed to the Flanker without any form of advanced training is just plain impossible. where did they log the hours to qualify to handle such an agile and fast bird? It's not like they are jumping from a Mercedes Benz 1313 to a Steyr!..for the record, CONGRATULATIONS on your new acquisitions.

@crane jasiri is right you can,t fly those birds with good trainners. you should have enhanced your training school then buy the fighters

mJESHI mMOJA

Posts : 238
Join date : 2010-10-19
Location : KENYA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Olekoima on Mon Aug 01 2011, 12:55

Oh, at least let's allow Mr Crane to gloat. He is thoroughly enjoying this. So far two birds have been delivered and they are scaring the hell out of the locals around Entebe. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Olekoima

Posts : 781
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 45
Location : Various

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Flying Crane on Fri Aug 19 2011, 21:50

LONG LIVE AMBITIONS



Very Happy Laughing Cool Smile

Flying Crane

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 19 2011, 22:23

Great plane! Fantastic! But, emm, the pilot doesn't look too Ugandan. Damn, that's right, he's a merc!
Question is, how far is he willing to go? Is he willing to die for not-his-country?
Coz, you know, he has a stunning wife and a blonde 8-year-old daughter in Kiev.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Flying Crane on Sat Aug 20 2011, 10:45

@vitruvian
Thanks my love for the compliment. I thought I was the only one in this blog that thought the plane was marvelous but thanks to you its all changed. I have sent your sentiments to Hq and very promising results are comming soon, black heads yap black head will pop out of the cockpits and yes the first black heads to fly Russias finest 4th generation superiority fighter called the Su30MK2 in Africa.

the blues eye gentlemen are on a temporary basis and will be leaving soon before they should die for the Crane society. Don,t worry about them. The gentlemen by the way are from Ostozhenka Moscow and not Kiev Ukraine. I know the two towns can get very confusing for a kuku brain like yours. But all the same here it is in black and white for you to read over and over until you realize what its all about.

Our intel tell us they has been a lot of white skin activities with the Arabian used tigers at LAB. who is comprehending about mercenary now?

Vitruvian wrote:Great plane! Fantastic! But, emm, the pilot doesn't look too Ugandan. Damn, that's right, he's a merc!
Question is, how far is he willing to go? Is he willing to die for not-his-country?
Coz, you know, he has a stunning wife and a blonde 8-year-old daughter in Kiev.

Flying Crane

Posts : 304
Join date : 2010-11-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 20 2011, 10:54

Sorry Crane, allow me to correct my post:
"...Coz, you know, he has a stunning wife and a blonde 8-year-old daughter in Moscow..."
There. Happy? Now that he's from Moscow, is he more willing to die than when he was from Kiev?
And Crane, I will allow you to teach me geography the moment you step a foot beyond 50 miles from your native village. You know, the one that gave your cousin a book but gave you a panga.

Flying Crane wrote:@vitruvian
Thanks my love for the compliment. I thought I was the only one in this blog that thought the plane was marvelous but thanks to you its all changed. I have sent your sentiments to Hq and very promising results are comming soon, black heads yap black head will pop out of the cockpits and yes the first black heads to fly Russias finest 4th generation superiority fighter called the Su30MK2 in Africa.

the blues eye gentlemen are on a temporary basis and will be leaving soon before they should die for the Crane society. Don,t worry about them. The gentlemen by the way are from Ostozhenka Moscow and not Kiev Ukraine. I know the two towns can get very confusing for a kuku brain like yours. But all the same here it is in black and white for you to read over and over until you realize what its all about.

Our intel tell us they has been a lot of white skin activities with the Arabian used tigers at LAB. who is comprehending about mercenary now?

Vitruvian wrote:Great plane! Fantastic! But, emm, the pilot doesn't look too Ugandan. Damn, that's right, he's a merc!
Question is, how far is he willing to go? Is he willing to die for not-his-country?
Coz, you know, he has a stunning wife and a blonde 8-year-old daughter in Kiev.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 20 2011, 11:20


At ease, guys!

To be honest, Crane, those birds on your youtube clip are not Ugandan, forget that colour of their crew. This is not to mean that anyone doubts the birds were received by your UPDF/AF, buddy. Moreover, it is also expected that the skills transfer will carry through past the Units' delivery dates, so relax - those birds will surely have EAC/Ugandan crew riding them soon enough!

BTW, the current American Ambassador to Kenya passed through LAB doing the same thing as those Russian Crew when the first Tigers were received here. So, there!!

The Jordanians are here to complete tech-conversion of the kits purchased from Jordan, that is all. Part of the transfer-conditions. Nothing more.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Risasi on Sat Aug 20 2011, 12:11

@Crane Just because vitruvian said the cow is fat, It didn,t mean that he meant its high time you should slaughter it.

I don’t see any indication in the below statement that indicates the pilots nationalities were Ukrainians

”Coz, you know, he has a stunning wife and a blonde 8-year-old daughter in Kiev.”

The wife and daughter could be in Kiev but that doesn’t mean the husband/ pilot nationality is from kiev. The fact that part of the family is in Kiev could be as a result of interstate marriage (which is common in Russia), or may be they are enjoying the summer vacation in kiev while mzee is busy siphoning Uganda taxes coughers funds. they are several possiblities that can support that statement.

More white skins will be arriving from USAF 527th Tactical Fighter Training Aggressor Squadron, Ex- Red Flags join the dots friend.

Risasi

Posts : 611
Join date : 2010-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  jasiri on Sat Aug 20 2011, 19:42

I thought the 527th had been disbanded?

jasiri

Posts : 697
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : HKNW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 20 2011, 20:44

jasiri wrote:I thought the 527th had been disbanded?

Yeah, around 1989. Reactivation in 2000 under some new command structure - with the acronym 'Space Aggressor Squadron'. And further redesignated in 2006 or thereabouts under Air Combat Command. Risasi?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Uganda Peoples Defence Force (UPDF),

Post  Sponsored content Today at 15:11


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum